Quote Of The Day
“In 2008, David was still training in Berkeley with the goal of becoming a professional runner. Every day at practice, we watched him chase this dream by throwing down in workouts, meticulously perfecting every drill, and living each day with the attitude of a champion. We got to see first hand the effort it required to be great because David lived it. But we didn’t just get to watch him chase the dream. He made us part of it.”
“… I think I am most grateful for the fact that David helped create this family-oriented team culture at Cal. I remember him as a big brother who passed along some serious and not-so-serious life lessons. He taught me the all-important skill of shot-gunning a beer (even after I ended up spitting it all out during the first attempt). He led the majority of team traditions, including the now-legendary David Torrence Downhill Mile. … As a teammate, as a Golden Bear, as an athlete, as a fearless advocate for the sport, and as a friend, David always brought a positive light to everyone he met and always believed we could accomplish more than we ever imagined.”
– Taylor Dutch writing a tribute to her friend and fellow Cal Berkeley alum, David Torrence.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Official 2018 USA Indoor Day 1 Discussion Thread
- David Torrence is Dead. RIP / Appreciation Thread
- Bekele added to 2017 Berlin field against Kipchoge and Kipsang
- Did Nike force Kate Grace to join the Oregon Project or have her contract reduced?
- Colin Jackson comes out
- MAY WE FINALLY SEE WORLD RECORD IN THIS TERRIBLE YEAR FOR TRACK!!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
- Alexa Efraimson vs NCAA
- Too much training for jr. high?
- Rieti Meet - RIP
- 3:58.92 for Klosterhalfen in Berlin today
- Mcgregor vs. Mayweather: Who would win in a no holes barred match?