Quote Of The Day
“One thing you have to do is park your ego. Once you were introduced at dinner parties as an Olympic athlete, next thing you’re a bloke in insurance. You have to manage your ambitions. But the good thing is, sport teaches you how to do that. … When they finish competing, I think these [sports] people are pretty much capable of doing whatever they want to do.”
– UK retired Olympic silver medalist swimmer Paul Palmer talking about making the transition from the sporting world to the “real” world. 20 years ago Palmer retired and now is a director at an insurance company looking to recruit other retiring Olympians.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Official 2017 Prefontaine Classic discussion thread - Is this the best Pre meet ever?
- Mac Fleet in Twitter Beef with Jenny Simpson
- Voting is not a right or privilege, it's an obligation.
- CUBS WIN! - World Series Game 7 Live Thread
- Emily Infeld is at World Series game 7 (pic)
- Official Jorgensen Marathon debut thread
- Options after getting kicked off Umass team
- Destroying My Career
- San Francisco subway janitor makes 270k.