Quote Of The Day
“I never thought I would be at an NCAA championship. I remember freshman year, hearing of the NCAAs and watching them and thinking, ‘Those guys are insane, I don’t know how they do it.’ A few years later, I was there and running with those guys, some of the same guys I was watching a couple years before, thinking I would never be at their level. I really thank Mark [Wetmore] for that. … This last race can really impact my future. I’m trying to focus on doing the best I can. I’m hoping I don’t remember the race. That will be a sign that I went really hard. …”
– NCAA XC 3rd placer Pierce Murphy talking about going from “recruited walk-on” to a star runner at Colorado. Mark Wetmore has high praise for Murphy calling him the “most successful of those blue-collar guys” who were not high school stars, but went on to do great things in the NCAA.
- Malcolm Gladwell backs Boris
- Maria Sharapova's doping ban deteremined to be unintentional -- Still gets a 2-Year Ban
- Good sign for Kenenisa. Haile Gebrselassie, other athletes protest at Ethiopia federation
- Title IX lawyer needed: Is sex discirimination (against males) going on at NCAAs?
- I listed my "PRs" on my resume, and now the chickens have come home to roost.
- The greatest thread in LRC history? Robert Young fakes run across America
- At how may Miles Per Week do you start to double?
- Is Genzebe still the favorite for Rio?
- Mother of Girl Who Lost Race to Transgender Athlete in Alaska is Furious