Quote Of The Day
“If you had asked me what my goal was at any point during my [Boston 2011] buildup, I would have said, ‘To win the Boston Marathon.’ You know? You act as if that’s what you expect to happen, and then you go and execute. I visualized it, mapped it out in my mind, that I was going to win the Boston Marathon. And I know that sounds absurd. And I know if I’d told anybody beforehand, they’d have patted me on the back and gone, ‘Okay, sweetie.'”
“… I don’t win a lot of races, ever. I know I did everything I could, but sometimes I look back at Boston like, What if it was just me getting soft? What if the thought crept in that maybe I shouldn’t win the Boston Marathon? I need to get over that hump and just win a race. To know what it feels like to break someone.”
– Desiree Linden looking back at her career-defining race at the 2011 Boston Marathon and lamenting that she has yet to win a big race. Well, she has less than three weeks to go until she gets the chance to “break” people on the streets of Los Angeles at the 2016 US Olympic Marathon Trials.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Official 2017 Birmingham DL Disucssion Thread - Simpson, Coburn, Frerichs & more
- Adidas to terminate IAAF sponsorship deal four years early
- Is he Baaaaack????? Andrew Wheating 3:39 FTW!!!!
- How much pain should be felt during an 800m
- can you be successful with no genetic talent?
- Official LRC meetup photo, featuring jamin, nikeman and TxRunnerGirl
- A little birdie who knows thinga told me that Rupp is "definitely" running the OT marathon.
- Who is Misiker Demissie who just got cleared to run the trials?
- Running in the blizzard - Did anyone in Baltimore or DC run for more than 5 miles outside yesterday?