Quote Of The Day
“I use the example of going to the grocery store shopping I had a little girl come up to me and ask me why I was dancing in the store aisle and I told her, ‘Well I love dancing,’ and she just smiled. Since I can’t dance, I figured i would go out and run.”
“… It kind of makes you feel like it’s the end of your active life and I just decided a couple years ago that that I want to do the things I want to do. … Before the race, people wonder what’s wrong with me and during the race I don’t think they can tell and that’s kind of nice.”
– Former college runner and sub-2:30 marathoner Michael Westphal talking about deciding to get back into competitive running after battling Parkinson’s disease for the last 9 years. Westphal can barely walk due to his Parkinson’s symptoms, but running almost acts as a temporary cure and he is currently training for a June marathon.
Super Hot on LetsRun: C'mon, Emma! More class!
- Jenny Simpson, Shannon Rowbury and Alexa Efraimson - But Not Mary Cain - Will Race in Women's 1500 at 2015 Pre
- I have virtually unlimited time to train this summer and want to be fast for XC. What's the best way to do it?
- Men's Health ranked the fittest men of all time...
- Is I-95 from DC to Boston the worst drive in America?
- Why don't Ethiopian Americans run?
- Webb 56th in Abu Dhabi- 59 finished
- 4:05 wins Big 12 1500