Quote Of The Day
“He was such a big part of the meet. He did me a huge favor that first year by even coming and trusting that I could pull it off. He made it (matter) that first year. To come and run a 3:53 at a meet that was a nothing event, it added legitimacy. … I think he would want the show to go on as planned. That’s the type of guy and athlete he was. … I think it’s an incredible opportunity to celebrate his life and memory and career.”
– Kyle Merber talking about David Torrence and next week’s HOKA ONE ONE Long Island Mile. Torrence won the first two editions of the race in 2015 and 2016 and Merber says they will “find every way to celebrate [Torrence’s] passion and life” at this year’s race.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Official 2018 USA Indoor Day 1 Discussion Thread
- David Torrence Memorial Downhill Mile
- This was David Torrence
- What was it like being a 1990s runner?
- Did Nike force Kate Grace to join the Oregon Project or have her contract reduced?
- Nike Vaporfly 4% available again
- How hard is 16mph on a bike?
- Why can't Microsoft make a windows computer that boots quickly and cheaply?
- What ever happened to... These high school standouts!??
- Bekele added to 2017 Berlin field against Kipchoge and Kipsang