Quote Of The Day
“It truly is hard to know where to start. I knew after my race some people would be interested in understanding why I had chosen to run, why it has taken so long, and what my plans are for the future as far as running goes. There were so many moments over the years where I wanted to start the journey toward recovery. Yet just the thought of starting such a painstaking path with no end in sight seemed so exhausting that I never really found the motivation to put in the time. It truly came down to the fact that I was afraid. … I knew the work it would take, the countless hours if not years of therapy, dry needling and constant pain … and what for? The chance to run again? Was it even possible to be the athlete I once was and was anything short of that worth the effort of healing a body crippled over time? …”
“… After losing my contract I reached a point where it just seemed useless. I was angry, and burnt out on putting forth any more effort. I let bitterness take over, and for several years I just quit trying. I am ashamed that I let bitterness grow in my heart, and sad that I let it take away a part of my life that had brought me so much joy. … Looking back I wish I could get those years back. I wish I had not learned this lesson the hard way. However all I can do is look forward and realize the blessings this time away has granted. I am grateful for the experiences and personal growth these struggles have provided along with my new perspective, not only on running, but life, family, faith and happiness.”
– Josh McDougal talking about his comeback from 7 years of injury, which got going with a 4:10 mile on Sunday night at the Music Carnival Distance Classic. McDougal is the man who in 2007 beat Galen Rupp to become the NCAA XC champion, but has spent most of the time since then battling injury, not having raced at all since 2009.
- Josh McDougal comeback? Coach Steve Magness?
- WTF: Tim McGraw wear NOP shirt at concert - in Ohio???
- Totally Stacked 2014 DL 5k Oslo - Hagos, Dejen, Caleb and Galen - Will Rupp get the American Record?
- What could Ashton Eaton run for the 1500 if he concentrated on it?
- Mark my words: Ed Cheserek will go without an NCAA outdoor title this year
- 70th D-Day question. Why didn't France, England, Ireland, Spain, etc fight in WWII and left America/Russia to Germany
- US World Cup expectations