Sub-5 History Was Made 66 Years Ago
On this day (29 May) in 1954, in Birmingham UK, Diane Leather, largely unheralded in comparison to Roger Bannister’s sub-4 on 6 May, became the first woman to run the Mile in under 5mins (4:59.6). The women’s Mile didn’t become an official world record event until 1967 ?. pic.twitter.com/M0AJRe5891
— Nurmi1924 (@1924Nurmi) May 29, 2020
- Women's sports may be saved!! CT's policy of allowing transgender women to compete w/o treatment found to violate Title IX
- As Brown becomes the fifth Division 1 victim; are universities using COVID just to cut programs?
- My Beef with being Vegetarian - I've gained almost 20 pounds since becoming a Vegetarian
- LOL: Shelby Houlihan: The pandemic hasn't changed that much for me as I'm a member of the BTC and we never race anyways
- What happened to Michael Granville? 1:46.45 in HS and still holds the 800m National Record!!
- Can a very new runner get a stress fracture by running 20 MPW over the course of two months?
- Runner's World: Can we all just agree to stop using "Jogger" as an insult?