Quote Of The Day
“Actually the whole time [we were studying the Vaporfly prototpe], we were calling it ‘The Magic’ because we didn’t have a name for it and really whenever we put someone in the shoe in the lab it seemed like a magical result that was coming out.”
– Former NCAA steeplechase champion and US Olympian Shalaya Kipp talking on the LRC podcast about the Nike Vaporflys. Kipp is currently a PhD candidate in Exercise Physiology at the University of British Columbia and has helped publish multiple scientific papers on the technology behind the Vaporfly.
- Woman runs 2:42:55 at Houston Marathon, turned down for Olympic Trials because she was in Corral B
- OREGON DMR COLLEGIATE RECORD
- Alberto Salazar suspended by SafeSport
- Wold Athletics' new shoe rules are out. Vaporflys stay, but as of 4/30, shoe must be out for 4 months to use in competition
- Nick Symmonds runs a 3:54.9 mile in vaporflys
- Kipchoge, Rupp, & Flanagan Are All Guilty of Mechanical Doping in 2016 - Will Anything Be Done About It?
- Jim Walmsley WILL run 2:13:27 at the Olympic Trials Marathon.
- Will Allyson Felix be able to wear her custom spikes with the new shoe regulations?
- UW and BYU go home DEVASTATED, hand off baton a lap early
- $350k a year now considered "middle-class".....WHAT?