Quote Of The Day
“It was more of a mental thing because I wasn’t ready to go back into running and I just needed to run without thinking about times or distance or targets or anything like that. So I literally just showed up at 9am on a Saturday and just ran with feeling and rhythm. I actually really enjoyed it. It was nice to be surrounded by a community of runners. I’ve only ever done one parkrun before, way back when, so it was just something for me. Even though one of them was windy, cold and rainy, I still loved it. It was nice to remind myself that running could be enjoyable because after Doha I needed that.”
– GB’s 2019 European 400m leader Laviai Nielsen talking about how parkrun, a series of low-key 5k races held every Saturday in parks around the world, helped her bounce back from the depression she felt after not making the world final in Doha.
- OMG Brady’s final pass a pick 6?
- Tuohy 2:49.4 1k at ocean breeze
- Going on a 2 hour long run today AMA
- We've made some improvements to the forums. Discuss here
- The Year is 2027...
- Why do coaches hate the nickname Harriers?
- Running at 5000 feet once a week - any benefit?
- How much faster could one person get by correcting their form?
- Interviews with over 300 runners who've qualified for Boston