Quote Of The Day
“Because runner weight is inherently tied to performance for elite runners, I saw it as part of my job as an endurance sport coach to help the team’s runners understand the impact weight has on performance. I had a lot of frank discussions about weight with all of my athletes—both women and men. That’s part of elite sport. Maybe that needs to change. Indeed, I have always treated men and women similarly in this regard—to treat my female athletes differently I believe would not be in their personal interests or in the interests of promoting their best athletic performance. I did not know and was never told by Mary, her parents, or any athlete—male or female—that the discussion of weight was abusive.”
-excerpt from a 516 word statement that Alberto Salazar made to a few media outlets including The Oregonian and Sports Illustrated apologizing/defending himself. Salazar also wrote that he cc’d Mary Cain‘s father on all emails to her and used “dietitians, nutritionists and others, to help them achieve or maintain any training weight or performance weight in a healthy and appropriate manner.”
- Snowflakes win again?. DI Northeast regional XC championships is changed to road race because it snowed on Monday - race is Friday.
- BREAKING - Kara Goucher attacks Ken Goe on Twitter. Denies him interview request
- “Cain one of the highest paid female athletes in America”
- Who are the favorites for the 2020 US Olympic Marathon Trials? We tell you here.
- Official Name and Image for new Saucony Carbon Fiber Plate Shoe!
- Big Increase in Mileage - What can i expect
- Why not bike instead of run on easy days?
- If your a 2:11 guy shouldn't you skip trials and get PAID at Boston?
- 15:58 5k but a 4:11 mile, why can't I run the longer distances ?
- Unheralded 30-year old Kenyan breaks 5k road WR with 13:22 in France