Quote Of The Day
“I have a feeling that’s gonna happen (the Trials will get the gold standard), but I think in my perspective if I don’t think I can aim for a 2:11:30 or faster marathon, then I’m probably not going to be fast enough in the marathon to really be competitive enough in it. So you need to have that mindset. You can’t have the mindset… that the US team is going to be made by 2:15, 2:16 quality guys…..I need to be ready to run fast and do it and as of now I need to start planning how to try to run 2:11:30 at the Trials to to get that standard. And who knows, maybe even still, they let me go and I run on the best day 2:12 and get a top-three spot and I’m the guy that gets snubbed because I didn’t have the qualifier. Whatever, that’s like the coolest middle finger I could give to the marathon community and walk away. It would be equally as epic.”
-ultra marathon star Jim Walsmsley talking to LetsRun.com about the 2020 US Olympic Marathon Trials.
- Transgender woman CeCe Telfer currently sits at #2 in NCAA D2 100 hurdles - Watch her DOMINATE here (video)
- Lipscomb Head Coach refuses to enter athlete into East D1 Prelims
- Matt Bowling vs Eliup Kipchoge in a 1,000 meter track race
- New Adversity Score on SAT factors in socioeconomic background into score
- Ever been to a wedding where someone objects?
- 2019 USATF Distance Classic Tonight - Official Discussion Thread
- Alexi Pappas Relocates to LA
- Linden True have severed their relationship
- Game of Thrones Season 8 is the worst piece of crap ever written
- The checklist of things to NEVER get injured
- What are the best ultramarathon records? (Sponsored by HOKA)