I was perusing my copy of Race Results Weekly today and realize that Grant Fisher lost TWO races at Pac 12s. I knew that he lost to my fellow Princeton alum in William Paulson in the 1500 but didn't realize he also ran the 5000.
In thinking about it, there is no shame in either loss as Paulson is a 3:38 guy and Teare was fresh whereas Fisher was doubling back. But it certainly doesn't make me think he's going to rock McDonald at NCAAs. WHen Fisher won NCAAs in 2017 in the 5000, he only ran the 1500 at Pac 12s but he won it convincingtly.
Men's 1500 Final
Pac 12 Men's 1500
1. William Paulson, SR, Arizona Stat, 3:49.18
2. Grant Fisher, SR, Stanford, 3:49.29
3. James West, SR, Oregon, 3:49.69
Pac 12 Men's 5000
1. Cooper Teare, SO, Oregon, 13:49.77
2. Grant Fisher, SR, Stanford, 13:50.30
3. Steven Fahy, SR, Stanford, 13:50.79
At Big 10s, Oliver Hoare lost as well. I know he beat Nuguse earlier this year but Nuguse destroyed everyone at ACCs.
CC Men's 1500m:
1. Justine Kiprotich, SR, Michigan State (KEN), 3:42.69
2. Oliver Hoare, JR, Wisconsin (AUS), 3:43.08
3. Kyle Mau, JR, Indiana, 3:43.98
So right now, tell me who are your favorites for NCAAs in the men's 1500 and 5000?