Quote Of The Day
“I looked at that as a problem. You have three Division I athletes (including Abigail Green, who finished 21st at Foot Locker) who are the state’s three 4:50 milers and All-American cross country runners and they have to go to New York and to San Diego to race each other. It seems like we could be doing a better job of finding a way to push each other to be better without having to travel all over the place to do it. … The reaction around the state when the meet was created was overwhelmingly positive. I had a number of coaches whom I’ve never met email or find me at local races and just say, hey coach, this is a great idea, thanks for doing it, let me know how I can help…When the meet was cancelled, a lot of all the same people were very disappointed. … [They] were just upset about their point of view, which was that this was not in the best interests of athletes. If the point of the governing association is to do what’s best for athletes, then this isn’t it.”
– Maryland high school assistant coach and former Olympic Trials 5th placer Chris Graff talking about the thought process behind the creation of the first ever Maryland Meet of Champions and the reaction when antiquated state rules forced its cancellation.
- Allyson Felix is a Mom
- Keturah Orji & Michael Norman Win Bowerman
- 2019 Boston Marathon American Field is Announced.... Guess who's not on it (Hint SF)
- Shalane Flanagan (“SF”) is NOT retired from the marathon
- BREAKING: GoFundMe for Border Wall: $1 Million and Counting
- Anyone else hate Xmas due to poor treatment of their kids by THEIR parents?
- What pace do you consider to be actual running rather than jogging?
- I am an average runner. Is this doable?
- Is there a good way to keep men from approaching you a run??
- Is there a good way to approach women on a run??
- Nebraska exploring roster cuts to bolster football walkon program
- I'm 24, and got tricked into a job I thought would pan out.
- I ran in tights without shorts. AMA