“I will never forget the final and running like crazy for the final 80 metres (and moving up from fifth to the silver medal). I had (Abdelaati) Iguider, Makhloufi, Silas Kiplagat and Asbel – some very strong guys ahead of me. I just remember pushing, pushing and pushing down the home straight. I could see Iguider was going to fall over at the finish. After I crossed the line and it was confirmed on the giant screen I had won silver was a huge moment for me. I could not believe it. It was a big surprise.
Just two years earlier I had been a 400m sprinter struggling to qualify for major championship and yet just two years later in Beijing I had won a 1,500m silver. It made me believe anything was possible.”
– Elijah Manangoi talking about winning silver in the 1,500 at the 2015 World Championships. 2 years earlier he was a 46.5 400m man. Now he’s #1 in the world at 1,500.
- Sorry Ladies- Geoffrey Kamworor is off the market. (engagement photo)
- BRODEY HASTY COMMITS TO OREGON
- Japanese Olympic Marathon Trials Standards Announced- Want to make the Trials? You'd better run a sub 2:11
- Happy Birthday: Bill Rodgers Turns 70
- Lance Armstrong on Chris Froome
- Which workout is more impressive?
- University of Oregon has received "notice of allegations" in regards to infractions in track and field...huh?
- 2 Turn stagger for 800m = Faster Times
- Bernie Sanders ran a 4:37 mile!