Quote Of The Day
“With Mutaz [Essa Barshim] especially I built a great relationship. I remember, I went from Ostrava to Paris, and I did badly in Paris, really awful. I couldn’t clear my opening height. I was feeling frustrated, because I didn’t know whether I’d ever get back to the shape I was in in 2016. … Other jumpers would come to me afterwards, but I didn’t want to talk to nobody. I went directly to my room. The day after, Mutaz started knocking on my room and he wouldn’t go away. First I just wanted him to leave. He persisted and was shouting: ‘Gimbo. Gimbo, please I want to talk to you.’So I gave in and let him in.”
“We talked. I cried in front of him. He tried to calm me down, and told me what he had to say. ‘Don’’ try to rush it,’ he kept telling me. ‘You had a big injury, you’re already back in the Diamond League. No one expected that. But now you need to take your time, don’t expect too much too early from yourself. Just see what happens.’ The most important thing he helped me realize was that I had to do it for myself, not for others.”
– Italy’s World Indoor champ Gianmarco Tamberi talking about how his friend and competitor Mutaz Essa Barshim consoled and encouraged him when he was struggling in his comeback from injury last year.
- EDWIN KIBICHIY OF LOUISVILLE UNIVERSITY RUNS 1:01:46 @ HALF MARATHON!!!
- Cannot see myself doing anything besides running as an occupation
- Ran in running tights for the first time today. I have seen the light!
- Sage Canaday speaks after missing Trials qualifier
- Lagat tweets to Trump that Africa isn't a **ithole - Kenyan fan responds and rips him for leaving then
- 800 star Isaiah Harris ran the 2nd mile of his college career over the weekend... And his time was....
- Nick Willis runs 3:57.99 in 1st race at Michigan's new indoor track which is part of $168 million complex (video)
- RIP: Gene Cole - 1st Olympian to break 47 and not make the Olympic final - has died at age 89