Quote Of The Day
“For years, international sports competitions have unknowingly been hijacked by the Russians. Coaches and athletes have been playing on an uneven field. Sports fans and spectators have been deceived. It’s time that this stops. Yes, stops!”
“Over the past few months, we have seen infighting between many different actors within international federations and among the anti-doping world.
“I find it difficult to understand why we are not on the same team. We should all be working together to end doping in sports. My investigation has gone a long way to bringing this dark secret out into the open. Now, we must move forward together and find a solution.”
–Richard McLaren speaking this morning at a press conference after which his second report on Russian doping was released. McLaren II reveals the total extent of Russian state-sponsored doping which impacted more than 1,000 athletes. They’ve re-tested 100 stored Russian samples from 2014 Sochi and 100% of them have been tampered with. The report lists 1,116 pieces of evidence and you can search that evidence yourself.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Galen Rupp listed on the entry list for Prague Marathon (May 6) + other elites
- The McLaren Report Part II Is Coming Out On Friday (Dec 9) - What To Expect?
- College coaches: Let's hear your recruiting horror stories
- Brooks Beasts call out OTC and NJ*NY TC on Twitter
- Centro goes 4:05, 4:01, 3:57 in 3 x mile workout
- Why did I buy a horse in 2006? Am I a complete and total idiot?
- Amazing idea: Who's going? Struggling mill town is holding a free half-marathon in Maine on Saturday
- Eliud Kipchoge in Car Accident