Quote Of The Day
“It makes it a slightly looser grip on the dream because I’ve been fortunate to make it already. I feel grateful already going into the season. I do think it’s a misconception, though, that one year builds on another—every year stands on its own for me and I feel like I have to re-earn that right to stand on the starting line really believing I can make the team again. I’m looking forward to seeing what this year looks like, because as much as I know and as much as I’ve experienced, I know that you can never predict how it’s going to play out. You don’t know what challenges are going to stand in your way. I’m ready for the year to be delightfully unpredictable and still end up a success. …Unlike somebody making it for the first time—who is imagining and wondering what that feeling is like or what it’s going to take—there’s no sense of wondering. I know exactly what it takes and I know what I need to do.”
– Jenny Simpson talking about trying to make her fourth Olympic team in 2020.
- We've made some improvements to the forums. Discuss here
- The Year is 2027...
- Advice to drop my times to mid 15 min 5k
- Recurring shin splint/MTSS/stress fracture, suggestions?
- Interviews with over 300 runners who've qualified for Boston
- Holy **** - The Vaporflys just broke the Hakone Ekiden. 4 teams break CRs, 1 guys run 58:35 half marathon pace for 21.4 km
- Clayton Murphy RARELY runs slower than 6:00 pace
- How did you end up becoming a morning person?
- Mary Cain 2nd in NYRR 4 Mile Midnight Run
- Why are tracks 400m long?
- You can either say "Personal Best" or "PR," not "Personal Record" or "PB"