Quote Of The Day
“So I’m sure a bunch of people will call me out for being a hypocritical arsehole, but I’ll say this. Right now if you’re not wearing these shoes and you’re not sponsored by someone else, then you’re putting yourself at a disadvantage. In that sense Nike has leveled the playing field and you just need to look at any video of CIM from this weekend.”
“There’s a shitload of patents that will make sure the competition take a while to catch up, but eventually they all will. So why wait? I still don’t like Nike for supporting the likes of Justin Gatlin and Alberto Salazar, but the fuckers do make good kit.”
– British runner Robbie Britton writing on fastrunning.com about the Nike Next% shoes which he recently purchased despite not being a fan of Nike. He recently ran a minute-plus PR in the half marathon but says he was in better shape last year but didn’t have the right shoes.
- Katelyn Tuohy = High School Legend, Alberto Salazar Protest Podcast is here
- 2020 World Indoors Are < 100 Days Away... Organizers need a mascot. Submit your design idea here
- How would Jakob Ingebrigtsen have done at NCAA XC?
- Guy wearing New Balance's prototype - not Next% or Vaporflys - smashes British 40+ marathon record
- New "work mentor" suggests 1st meeting over beers... normal???
- USATF Club Cross Country Championships at Lehigh thread. Entries are near an all-time high. What's the buzz?
- Edward Cheserek is engaged!
- Has anyone watched the new movie/documentary, "Running in North Korea"? Thoughts?
- Why is Texas so Bad at NXN?
- Japanese authorities will now start testing at HS national champs for.... iron injections.