LRC Michael Norman Opens Up Season With Sensational 43.45 400 Meters The American is now tied with Jeremy Wariner as the fourth-fastest man in history and in the process he shattered Michael Johnson‘s record for fastest time ever run in April. Updated with Norman quotes.
*MB: Michael MF Norman!!! 43.45!
*MB: Michael Norman can break 1:40 in the 800. Change my mind
Texas Tech’s/Nigeria’s Divine Oduduru Runs 9.95/19.76 Double (Wind-Legal) In Less Than 1 Hour At Baylor
Ryan Crouser Throws 22.74 (74′ 7¼”) – Best Shot Since 1990!
- Beach Invy At Long Beach State: Omar Craddock Gets Upset Triple Jump Win Over Christian Taylor With 17.68m Craddock moved to #9 on the all-time US list. In the PV, recent NCAA record setter Olivia Gruver won with a MR of 4.66m. Chris Nilsen broke the men’s PV meet record with 5.82m.
- Good Read: MileSplit: Cole Sprout Runs First Sub-9 3200m On Colorado Soil With 8:57.15 The race wasn’t without controversy though as Sprout and some others were initially DQd for cutting in too soon before the break. The DQ was overturned, the time might still not count as the official state record.
- IAAF Mt. SAC Recap: Vashti Cunningham wins HJ at 1.97m, Sydney McLaughlin 50.1 relay at Mt Sac
- Dalilah Muhammad (51.62) Beats Kendall Ellis (51.75) In Women’s 400 “I’m disappointed,” Ellis said. “Tried to go but there was nothing left.”
- LA Times: Mt. SAC Relays Will Finally Return To Mt. SAC Next Year As Construction Is Almost Done
- DyeStat Mt. SAC Women’s Recap: Keni Harrison Runs 100H World Leading 12.63
*DyeStat Men’s Mt. SAC Recap USC’s Isaiah Jewett ran the 2nd fastest NCAA 800m of the year with 1:46.11 to beat out Georgetown’s Joseph White (1:46.31).
- MB: Japanese HSer Aaron Tatsunami Clay runs 3:44.86 1500
- MB: Stanford CLEANED UP at Cardinal Classic 3 guys broke 13:40, led by Grant Fisher‘s 13:29.
- MB: Ex-High School Studs Cooper Teare and Thomas Ratcliffe Crush 5k’s at Stanford Both ran 13:32.
- 18-Year-Old Ayden Owens Of USC Scores 8,130 Points In Collegiate Decathlon Debut At Bryan Clay In the process, he beat the indoor NCAA multi champ, set a Puerto Rican NR, set a USC school record and moved to #3 all time on the U20 list.
- Oregon Freshman Max Vollmer Scored 7,840 Points At The Bryan Clay Invitational
- Georgia’s Denzel Comenentia Throws 76.80m NCAA Hammer Lead At Mt. SAC He also broke his own Dutch national record. Nike pro Marcel Lomincky won the competition with 77.15m.
- MB: More Proof That Track’s Regular Season Is Almost Totally Meaningless: NCAA Star Morgan McDonald Runs “B” Heat At Bryan Clay