Quote Of The Day
“I already know at the beginning that I will not do a super result but I’m fine. It’s been so long since I’ve run a marathon, that I’ve almost lost my habit, so I do not have a clear idea of what I can do. … In marathon you never know. I try to be cautious: it’s a long race, always full of variables. You can never be sure and this time less than usual. … I’m happy to be able to run and to be back on the starting line in a race in my distance, not a shorter one. The preparations went well – albeit a bit different from usual – and I wanted to close the year with a marathon. I cannot wait.”
– Italy’s former World marathon silver medalist Valeria Straneo talking about just being happy about being back out running a marathon again for the first time in two-and-a-half years this Sunday in Valencia.
- North Sentinel island might be considered to be the most dangerous place on earth
- What is your biggest positive split?
- Why ate students being told to pursue STEM? These fields are miserable!
- Official 2018 CIM Prediction/Discussion Thread
- Advise on qualifying for 2020 Olympic Marathon Trials
- How hard is it to be a teacher?
- PSA to race directors - mark your courses!
- My old coach is now trying to take credit for what my new coach has done
- Truths/Myths about running in college?
- Winning NXN and flying first class
- Cold wintery running: how to make it bareable survivable?