Quote Of The Day
“One of the best things sport has given me is confidence in myself. I don’t go on LetsRun. I know what it is. I don’t listen to or seek out message boards or other people’s opinions. I know what work I’m doing. If someone says I have a zero percent chance then maybe they’ve just looked at my PRs on paper. If someone else showed me my PRs on paper and said this person wants to win Olympic gold, I’d probably laugh just like you. I’d say ‘Uh. Yeah. Good luck!’ I haven’t really proven anyone else’s belief and until I go out there and perform, no one should go out there and believe me. That’s what my goal is. That’s what I believe I can do. I know I couldn’t do it tomorrow. It’s going to take hard work, consistent training, being confronted by the world standard, being dropped on runs, looking at other athletes and being wowed. It’s going to take a lot of work but I’m willing to go for it.”
– Gwen Jorgensen responding to a question about the LRC staff’s analysis saying she had zero percent chance of winning Olympic gold in the marathon.
- Monday Big Discussion: After 31:55 10k, how do you assess Gwen Jorgensen's Olympic chances?
- Is everyone prepared for Rupp to win Boston?
- Max King Wins 10 Miler....Wearing Jorts!!
- Snowflake 1st year medical residents complain having to wear shorter lab coat is "offensive", Johns Hopkins agrees!!
- Venus William's husband is JACKED
- Lived off of < $17,000.00 annual, Ask Me Anything
- Should I gift a TV to a female co worker on whom I have a minor crush?
- How long does it take for the average person to see benefits of an increase in mileage?
- Running shoe loses most of its cushioning ability in the first 50 miles