Quote Of The Day
“First, runners come in all shapes and sizes. You don’t have to be a scrawny little punk to be a top distance runner, if you have the determination and work your hardest. Second, I hope I’m remembered for not having fear. At the 2008 Trials, I didn’t want to just make the team, but to win. I came up 100 meters short, but not having a fear of failure helped me to get the successes I had.”
“… As a racer I liked to stick my neck out there, and I preach that a little to the [William and Mary] team. I tell them, ‘Give yourself a chance to surprise yourself.’ That means different things for different people. Maybe you get yourself in a position you didn’t think you could be in, and with the adrenaline pumping you see what happens. You can’t be afraid of failure because if you are you’ll never succeed at the level you might be capable of.”
– Chris Solinsky announcing his retirement from the sport and talking about his approach to racing and the impact he had on US distance running. *Discuss
Super Hot on LetsRun: Allie K and Brad part ways
- SOLINSKY RETIRES
- Is Solinsky the best US runner to never make the Olympic team?
- What could centro do for 10k?
- Kipchoge is the GROAT ? (Greatest Range of All Time.)
- Girl accidentally runs half-marathon instead of 5K
- Most embarrassing race stories?
- Boss fired me after submitting his resignation. I have no idea what to do now.
- Bachelor Party snafu
- Has any runner, specifically masters become tired of running?