Quote Of The Day
“Nobody talked to me at the first practice. Nobody knew who I was. I didn’t even talk to Gags for the first month. I just ran his workouts.”
“I put him in the second or third group when we were doing workouts in the fall, because he looked so big. He’s a linebacker, and I looked at him and thought ‘Hmm, what the hell is this kid?’ Then I saw him progress and his training was coming along. … He wanted to be up with the people that were better than him.”
– Ford Palmer and his NJ-NY Track Club coach Frank Gagliano talking about Palmer’s first month in the club. He came in as a guy who was a high school football star, never broke 4 minutes or went to NCAAs in college, but has progressed to a guy who finished 5th in the 1,500 at USAs and is shooting for the Olympics.
*MB: Ford Palmer on ESPN: Runner, Vegan, Lifeguard, 4:00.00 miler
- SILAS KIPLAGAT Who is coaching him now?
- Why can't USA compete in Commonwealth Games?
- kim collins personal best 9,96 at age 38
- what place on earth would you get the most stares as a jogger or runner?
- Webb triathlon update
- How much did you weigh when you graduated high school? How much do you weigh now?
- Are we really going to sit here & believe Ronald Kwemoi at 18yo, in 2nd year of racing, only 6th 1500 ever, ran 3:28?!