Quote Of The Day
“Because I’m in Fukuoka, at 5 o’clock in the morning, not sleeping for the jet lag of 8 hours (6 hours from Kenya). I had nothing to do, and need to waste my time before breakfast.”
“There is no better way to wasting time than to post some stupidity on Letsrun.”
– Famed marathon coach Renato Canova explaining why he was responding to a message board troll early Sunday morning. Canova’s habit of expending nervous energy on the forums paid off in a big way as his pupil, Norway’s Sondre Moen, shocked the world a few hours later with a European record of 2:05:48 to win Fukuoka and become the first non-African born runner to break 2:06:00 on a record-eligible course.
Canova has now gone back to the forums and given a detailed explanation as to how Moen has gone from having a 62:19 half marathon PR to a 2:05:48 marathon PR in the last year. Canova added that Moen surprised him today. “In training, I already saw the potentiality for running 2:06, but what surprised also myself today is the interpretation of the race, and the personality he showed, attacking after 30 km, with 29’16” between 30 and 40 km and the last 2.195m still faster (for an average of 2’55” per km in the last 12.195m) … I hope that this results, instead being considered connected with some doping, can bring people to think that the limits we put in our mind about the clean performances are not real, and depend not from the doping of the other athletes, but on the fact that NOBODY WANTS TO DO A CLEAR CHOICE OF LIFE DEDICATED AT THE ATHLETICS FOR A SHORT PART OF HIS LIFE, something Sondre did full time this year, with 223 days (till Fukuoka) in altitude, the most part alone, having focus in training, eating and resting only.”
- KARISSA SCHWEIZER fights back and runs 15:17 beats KURGAT (15:19)!
- Claudia Lane vs Katelyn Tuohy time differences
- The #1 high school boys team in country has 4 runners better than the #1 on the #2 boys team in the country
- Do the right thing, Foot Locker- Invite Katelyn Tuohy to FL finals.
- What device do you now use to listen to music on a run?
- Just turned 30 what can I expect from life
- YOMIF KEJELCHA JOINS NIKE OREGON PROJECT
- Where would Katelyn Tuohy have finished at NCAAs?
- How should a man in his 40's dress?
- Pay off my house or buy Bitcoin?
- Take #5- Let Me know if you get redirected on forums after 3 am eastern Sunday