Quote Of The Day
“Although Dathan Ritzenhein was not enthusiastic about getting an L-Carnitine infusion he felt that because Salazar wanted him to get it and had explained convincingly that the infusion would not violate anti-doping rules that Ritzenhein had no choice but to get the infusion. In essence, Ritzenhein felt that he was on a ‘short leash’ and had used up a lot of good will with Nike and with Salazar by having been injured for the past year. … Ritzenhein’s wife at this point still had ‘reservations’ about the proposed L-Carnitine infusion and told him, ‘you don’t have to do it,’ but Ritzenhein said he responded to her, ‘if you want to be in the Oregon Project, and you want Alberto to coach you, you have to do it.’ Ritzenhein felt he had no choice other than to get the infusion or leave the Oregon Project, ‘[t]here’s no way for me to get around it at that point, in my eyes.'”
– Excerpt from the leaked 269-page USADA report on Alberto Salazar, Dr. Jeffrey Brown and the Nike Oregon Project, talking about how Dathan Ritzenhein and other athletes felt pressured by Salazar to use questionable substances and medical procedures.
- Sad News: Rest in Peace Gabe Proctor 1990-2017
- Veteran big game hunter dies after elephant, felled by gunfire, collapses on him
- Got a parking ticket even though I had a parking permit, appealed and it was upheld. Should I still keep trying?
- Joan Benoit Samuelson: 3:12:27 at the Sugarloaf ( Maine) Marathon. May 21, 2017
- How important is hurdling form to being great at the steeplechase? We asked the experts.
- Better than 'MacFarland, USA'? Learn about about the Falfurrias XC dynasty in Texas here
- How come 5' 5" - 5' 10" is the ideal running height