Quote Of The Day
“Running 230 kilometres through Arctic Sweden in February isn’t everyone’s idea of fun, even when it is an unseasonably warm minus six degrees. … Staying warm was a major concern going into the event, with daytimes temperatures potentially dropping to minus 30 or below, but come race week it was actually a job to avoid sweating whilst running along. If you sweat it freezes to you. A fine balance has to be found by creating enough heat to stay warm but not too warm. Basically it is a Arctic strip tease as the day goes on, until night time, when all the layers go back on to keep you alive.”
– British ultra runner Robbie Britton writing about winning the 230K “Beyond The Ultimate Ice Ultra” in Arctic Sweden last month. After reading this, it’s no wonder that Abeba Aregawi didn’t want to live in Sweden.
- Diamond League replaces New York with Rabat, Morocco
- Kiprop v Farah in Rio?
- Doping Red Flags - Do They Apply To A US Runner?
- Do you still French Kiss your wife/husband?
- How important is it to stay off hard surfaces?
- Has anyone tried one of those Shave Clubs?
- What are the chances some top runners are using an "unknown" PED?