Quote Of The Day
“There is a significant portion (of the public) in the middle who I think want to believe (Paula is clean), or don’t know what to believe. All they know is that they’ve believed before, and been proven wrong, or they feel that they have heard this all before. For those people, transparency is the answer.
Worst case scenario, the doubters keep doubting, the believers keep believing, and the uncertains remain uncertain about the technical data, but are encouraged by how open and transparent you are being. It is the ACT, and not necessarily the data, that will help convince many people.
Best case, your data is plausible, it is credible, and you earn trust with both the data, and your willingness to share it, because that was, after all, your position not too long ago.”
– Science of Sport‘s Ross Tucker calling for more information to come out about Paula Radcliffe‘s blood values. We agree with him, but also think the Sunday Times has an obligation to come out with something specific against Paula as they are the ones who created the perception of impropriety without giving any details. Transparency = key.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Ostrava Golden Spike Live Thread: Bolt (2:55 pm ET) , Van Niekerk, Rudisha (2:05 pm) and Farah (10k 2:15 pm ET) all running.
- Allegation: USADA caught Floyd Mayweather doping many times but never busted him
- Galen Rupp to race WIlson Kipsang & Ayale Abshero at Dam to Damloop 10miler in Holland on September 30th
- Ryan and Sara Hall adopt 4 Ethiopian Daughters
- Radcliffe blood values released
- My 10th grade son will not join any school sports teams or clubs - Should i force him to do one?
- What a year for "massive" unheralded improvements in athletics? Bosnian 800m, SA 400m, Turkish 200m, Kenyan 400mh