Quote Of The Day
“I arrived at the meeting skeptical; day one of the meeting I felt semi-optimistic, and now I feel like so many others, like it’s all pointless. We can’t really affect change from within the organization. That’s why the TFAA was created. But it has such a long way to go to actually work, and I’m tired of putting logs on a fire that doesn’t consistently burn. One moment I want to change the world and the next moment I just want to look out for myself. And that is the challenge of the professional track and field athlete.”
– Lauren Fleshman blogging about her experience at the recently-concluded USATF Annual meeting. Like many, she was unhappy that the USATF board of directors rejected the 85% membership vote which chose Bob Hersh for IAAF Council.
*MB: USATF Board overturns 392-70 vote, will instead nominate Stephanie Hightower
*Fleshman And David Torrence React Angrily On Twitter
- Fukuoka - Former WR Holder Patrick Makau wins in 2:08:02
- NASA will pay you $18,000 to stay in bed for 70 days
- Kara Goucher fires shot at Nike on Twitter
- $10 Billion: What would you do?
- Sarah Disanza, 15:20 to win BU 5000 over Sisson (15:21)
- People running >45 mpw all on your own, how to you motivate yourself?