2013 Allstate Sugar Bowl Crescent City Classic *Top 500 Results
Road Race Debut, 12:48 Man Isaiah Koech Wins In 27:32 - Sets Unofficial 8k WR In Process At 21:54 Somehow Koech was just 11th at the Kenyan XC Trials.
For 2nd Week In A Row, Ethiopia's Hiwot Ayalew Blows Early Lead And Finishes 2nd - Last Week At World XC - This Week At Crescent City The race was won by Kenya's Alice Kimutai in 31:50 to Ayalew's 32:05.
Kevin Castille Just Misses American Masters Record In 10k - Runs 29:39 At 2013 Crescent City Classic
More Road Race News: Lacking Title Sponsor, Dublin Marathon Cuts Prize Money By 1/3rd
News From Britain
- Britain's 21-Year-Old Discus Record Holder Lawrence Okoye, Who Is 6'6" / 294 lbs., Is Ready To Quit Track For NFL Contract Apparently he's really fast as well and used to play rugby and did well at an NFL tryout even though he's never played football before.
- Britain's 800 Man Mukhtar Mohammed Often Gets Mistaken For Being Mo Farah - At Home And Even In Kenya
- West Ham Wants Retractable Seats To Go Over Track At Olympic Stadium For Football - Will Remove For Track Meets
- Japan's 3,000m Seeplechase National Record (8:18.93) Holder Yoshitaka Iwamizu Is Retiring At Age 33
- Post World XC Q&A With Canadian Steepler Chris Winter (8:28 PR), Who Finished 33rd
- David Gatebe (3:08:54) And Natalia Volgina (3:38:38) Pull Off Upsets At 56km Two Oceans Marathon
- Two Oceans Victory Was Surprise To "Experts" But Not Race Winner David Gatebe
- Stephen Mokoka Wins Old Mutual Two Oceans Half Marathon In 63:36 Zola Budd (Pieterse) ran 84:49. *Results
- Zola Budd Will Race Comrades Marathon For 2nd Time In June - Hoping To Get "Silver" For Sub-7.5 Hour Time
- Cardiovascularly, In Extreme Ultra Running, Some Bodily Functions Don't Get Any Worse After 8 Hours Of Exercise
London Anniversary Games: Will Bolt Be There?
Reports Usain Bolt, Mo Farah And David Rudisha All Set To Compete In London Anniversary Games In The Olympic Stadium On July 26th And 27th The article says Bolt will be competing on both days, but not against Yohan Blake, who is also entered, so it's fairly safe to assume if Bolt's competing, he will
do one individual sprint and the 4 x 100 relay. Others competing include Jessica Ennis, Kirani James and Allyson Felix.
*Report Says Bolt Will Get A $760,000 (UK Tax Free) Appearance Fee For Competing On Both Days
- No Bolt? Athletics Weekly Says The Telegraph Is Wrong And Bolt's Participation In The London Anniversary Games Is Not Set Yet Bolt's agent Ricky Simms has said no contract has been signed yet, although he described negotiations with organizers as "positive." *BBC Agrees With AW
- In Pictures: 10 Athletes Who Will Be Back In London For Anniversary Games
- Definitely No Oscar P: UK Athletics Chairman Says Oscar Pistorius "Very Unlikely" To Be Invited To London Anniversary Games
*UK Poll: Should Oscar P be invited to race in Great Britain? Thus far, 81% have said no.
- Oscar P's Uncle Says He Has "No Intention" Of Traveling And As Far As Returning To The Track, He Said, "Not in the near future. Not realistic." "He doesn't want to go anywhere and he doesn't want to go into public life because he's not ready - he's absolutely not ready to do that."
Other Elite Track News
- Asafa Powell Says, "I know my best is yet to come" And That He'll Be Gunning For His First Major Championship Individual Gold Medal
- 100m Olympic Champ Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Says She Doesn't Feel Like She's Stuck In Usain Bolt's Shadow And Still Gets A Ton Of Attention In Jamaica "He deserves all of the attention he gets. For a man that's running so fast, he deserves it. I never feel I'm living in anybody's shadow. I never feel that, 'Oh, I deserve this amount of attention.' No, I'm fine."
- Good IAAF Profile On NZ's World Junior Shot Put Champion Jacko Gill, Who's Hoping To Qualify For This Summer's Moscow World Champs His mother says, "Mostly he remains focused on his goals with a steely desire. Basically everything is about his sport, or it must in some way lead to his goal, otherwise his interest is minimal."
- Dai Greene Says, "The pain and disappointment of 2012 is now behind me" And He's Ready To Defend His World 400H Title
- Hagos Gebrhiwet's 3,000m Jr. WR Of 7:32.87 Has Been Ratified By The IAAF
- WADA Introduces "Whereabouts" App To Facilitate Athlete Out-Of-Competition Random Testing
- Rome Golden Gala Meet To Be Dedicated To Recently Passed Italian Sprint Legend Pietro Mennea
- Japan Steeplechase NR Holder Yoshitaka Iwamizu (PR: 8:18)
- XC: Rwanda Blames Poor World XC Showing On Snow And Fatigue From Last Minute Travel
Olympic Stadium News
- Engineers Warn It May Take "Up To Two Months" To Find Solution To Roof Problem With 2016 Olympic Stadium This will really be cutting it close as the Games are more than 3 years away ...
- West Ham Reveal Further Plans/Illustrations For Olympic Stadium Re-Development
Other Kenyan News
- Recently Elected Member Of Parliament And Boston Marathon Champ Wesley Korir Promises To Address Double Tax Issues For Kenyan Athletes "Double taxation amounts to exploitation of athletes. I will work to ensure that this does not happen again."
- Athletics Kenya Releases Poll Spot Locations For April 3rd Elections
Treniere Moser, The US 1,500m Champ From 2005 To 2007, Has Teamed Up With Alberto Salazar And The Oregon Project She's been coached by Salazar since October (who essentially saved her from retirement) and talks about the differences in her training.
World XC: Medhin Is LetsRun's Athlete Of The Week
- Meet Eritrea's Teklemariam Medhin - LetsRun.com's Athlete Of The Week Teklemariam defied all odds to get bronze at World XC as only a month ago he had malaria and then had to sleep on the floor of an airport for two days just before the race. If a US runner did this we'd rightly never hear the end of it, yet Teklemariam has received almost no publicity for the amazing feat.
- Q&A With Neely Spence On World XC, Where She Was The First Non-African Finisher In 13th Place "My coaches told me going in that they were going to yell the number of seconds I was off 15th place. That was my race. Of course after I was running in 10th-14th they had to come up with other things to say."
- 2 Good Profiles From The IAAF: Profile On Two-Time World XC Champion Emily Chebet "In 2010, I also finished fourth at the trials and went on to win gold. When I heard they returned the event there, I got the motivation to train hard, get back into shape and make the team since I missed defending the title in Spain."
- Profile On Ethiopia's World XC Runner-Up Hiwot Ayalew Ayalew was 5th place at the London Olympics after only making the switch to the event in July 2011.
- Both Ben True And The Top US Finisher In The Boys Junior Race, Matt McClintock, Are From Maine
- Ben True Named USATF Athlete Of The Week For His 6th Place Finish
- This Weekend: Asafa Powell Racing Australia's Stawell Gift Handi-Cap Meet He'll start from the line while others will get a head start at marked intervals along the straight based on seed time. Only two runners have ever "won off the scratch."
- Allyson Felix, Usain Bolt And Yohan Blake Will Compete In Kingston Meet On May 4th As usual the women will race each other while the men separate into different events. Felix will face Veronica Campbell-Brown in the 100 while Bolt and Blake will be in separate TBD events. Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce is in the 200.
- UK 400H World Champ Dai Greene Says He's Had A Great Winter Of Training That Has Seen Him Healthy, Setting PRs In The Weight Room And Breaking The UK 600m Record
- IAAF Inside Athletics - Episode 6: Ato Boldon Interviews 2-Time Olympic 100m Champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce
- Oscar Pistorius' Brother's Trial For Charges Of Culpable Homicide From A 2008 Road Collision Has Started
That Pre Thing
Recommended Read: "That Pre Thing": Steve Prefontaine Was Far From The Fastest Or Most Decorated American Distance Runner Ever, So Why More Than 30 Years After His Death Does He Still Matter? This is another great article by Michael Heald, the author of "It Should Be Mathematical," the three-part article on Ian Dobson and Julia Lucas at the Trials, which was the LetsRun QOD in the summer. Heald goes to Coos Bay, Oregon for the Prefontaine Memorial Run, connecting with family and friends of Pre and also conducts interviews with Pat Tyson and Nick Symmonds.
40th World XC *2013 World XC Results *LRC Video Interviews *LRC Course Photos *Mini-LRC Arrival Day Photo Gallery *LRC Course Video Tour *LRC 1 Min. Aerial Video Of Course *Race Video Highlights: Senior Men *Senior Women
LRC US Men Stun Kenya And Win Team Silver!!!!! Ronald Reagan was president and none of the US men were alive when the US men last beat Kenya or won silver at the World XC Champs, but thanks to two powerful performances up top and two perfectly executed performances at #3 & #4, the Americans were able to stun Kenya. Ben True led the Americans with a sixth place finish and Chris Derrick was 10th, but Bobby Mack's and Ryan Vail's steady moves through the field sealed the deal for U-S-A.
LRC LetsRun.com Gives You A Tour Of The Bad-*** Course
The official course tour isn't until Saturday but we didn't travel all the way to Poland just to stay in our hotel room. (Assuming no one gets hurt), we loved the course and think Sunday is going to be full of drama, and think cross-country should replace the 10,000 at the Olympics. One thing is certain - this course wouldn't be certified by uptight NCAA coaches. A turn within the first 100 meters, jumps, a big-*** hill, several near 180 degree turns. Learn all about
*LRC Course Photos
*LRC Update: Video Tour Of 2013 World XC Course
LRC Will Cold Weather Really Help People From Cold Climates?
Previous World XC
Snow Is The Big Story
LRC What's The Craziest Weather You've Ever Raced In? LRC's Wejo and Rojo have both touched down in Bydgoszcz, Poland to cover this Sunday's World XC Championships and the weather is going to be the story. There is a ton of a snow in Poland and the forecast is for negative to 0 degress Celsius on Sunday. We've got a mini-LRC Poland photo gallery and hope to have much more from Poland on Friday after touring the course and talking to the US teams. In the meantime, we're wondering what's the craziest weather you've raced in?
NYC Half *Results/Splits *Photo Gallery
*Race Recap *Video Highlights
LRC LetsRun.com Analyzes The 2013 NYC Half/ With Post-Race Athlete Reaction What's the takeaway from Wilson Kipsang's 61:02 win, Ritz's 61:10 3rd place showing, and Bernard Lagat's half marathon debut? What about Caroline Rotich's win on the women's side and former CT state champ and Columbia runner Lisa Stublic, who was a surprising third (and now runs for Croatia) ahead of top American Stephanie Rothstein Bruce, who had a big PR?
LRC Wilson Kipsang And Caroline Rotich Win NYC Half (results and splits only) After a slow start at the NYC Half, Dathan Ritzenhein heated things up and then Wilson Kipsang took over, running to victory in 1:01:02 over Italy's Daniel Meucci and Ritz. Bernard Lagat ran 1:02:33 in his debut as he beat his training partner Abdi2. On the women's side Caroline Rotich led at 5k, 10k, 15k, 20k, and the finish but it was far from easy. Early leader Kim Smith dropped out with a muscle strain and Rotich was caught by Diane Nukuri-Johnson and Lisa Stublic but held on for victory.
*OTB: LAGAT 1:02:33 for 12th at NYC half!!! Ritz 1:01:10 for 3rd *Jason Hartmann
2013 NCAA Indoor Championships *NCAA Results *Saturday Photo Gallery *Friday Photo Gallery *Men's DMR Photo Gallery *Women's DMR Photo Gallery *LRC Banquet Photos *Friday Photos *LRC Friday Interviews *LRC Post-Race Video Interviews
The Coronation: Abbey D'Agostino Completes The Double
The NCAA has a new queen and American distance running may have its leading face for the next decade as D'Agostino became the first American 5,000 and 3,000 NCAA indoor champion ever, let alone at the same NCAA meet. Jordan Hasay finished second in what she called "probably the best race of my life." as she gave Oregon the points that gave them their 4th-straight team title. Emma Coburn won the mile and Natoya Goule the 800.
*Flash recaps - more later. In the meantime, check out:
*LRC Post-Race Video Interviews With Most Of Saturday's Major Players
LRC 5ks: Abbey D'Agostino And Kennedy Kithuka Dominate In Different Ways The women's 5,000 came down to the final mile between stars Abbey D'Agostino, Betsy Saina and Jordan Hasay - and it was no contest. D'Agostino was clearly best. On the men's side, Kennedy Kithuka put in an early surge and that was all it took despite a game effort by Diego Estrada to keep it honest throughout.
Great Column From Britain: Nothing Can Erase What Paula Radcliffe Has Achieved But Her Race Is Run
Long Profile On Undefeated US HS Miler Henry Wynne (2:25/4:08), Who Will Run At UVA Next Year Wynne hasn't lost a race, including XC, since last Spring (he won New England XC but didn't do NXN or Foot Locker).
- Usain Bolt's In Shape: Runs 14.42 For 150 Meters On Beach In Brazil - Just Off The 14.35 WR He Ran In May
Of 2009 In 2009, Bolt went on to run 9.58 and 19.19. *Race Video Of Bolt *Pics Of Bolt
*IAAF On Bolt IAAF says wind reading was unknown - it was 1.4.
- Asafa Powell Pulls Out Of Semis Of Stawell Gift
*Withdrawal Results In 14-Day Suspension, Which Means Powell Is Out Of Next Weekend's Melbourne Track Classic
- Good Q&A With Olympic 200m Bronze Medallist Warren Weir
- Texas Relays: MB: 35-Year-Old Doc Patton Runs 9.75 With 4.3 Wind *Race Video
*IAAF Recap Of Texas Relays: "At 35, Patton appears to have found the form of his life."
- Texas Relays: MB: HSer Cameron Burrell - Son Of Leroy - Runs 10.07w At Texas Relays
- AP Recap Of Texas Relays Pumps Up Ameer Webb (10.14) And Kimberly Duncan (11.03w), Doesn't Mention Darvis Patton's 9.75w
- Saturday's Stawell Gift: Asafa Powell Has Hamstring Tightness, Nearly Pulls Out But Races And Finishes Third In Heat At Stawell Gift Powell still ran 12.24 seconds for 120 meters - not bad. *Associated Press
- Powell Qualifies For Monday's Semis But Likely Won't Race "From the 30m the leg started to get real tight. I came out of the drive phase to start running but I wasn't running 100 per cent. I was being very cautious.
- Zhang Peimeng Runs Chinese Indoor 200m Record Of 20.75 After Running 6.58 In 60m
- Jamaica Takes Early Lead At CARIFTA Games
Weekend NCAA Action: Stanford And Texas Relays *All College Coverage/Results *Stanford Entry Lists/Schedule/Results *Texas Relays Live Results/Heat Sheets
- Toni Reavis Writes About Flanagan/Goucher And History Of Racing Just Prior To Boston Marathon
- Stanford: LRC Shalane Flanagan Wins 10,000 In 31:04; Kara Goucher Just Misses "A" Standard With 31:46updated The training
for Boston seem to be going nicely. Jordan Hasay was 3rd in 32:46 over Megan Goethals in 4th (32:52). *Top Results *Video Interviews With Flanagan, Goucher, Hasay
*OTB: Someone keep us posted on women's 10K!!! *Kara, Shalane, Hasay, Pappas eating pizza *Flanagan and Goucher Running 10000 at Stanford Invite
- W5k: Alisha Williams Wins Women's 5,000 In 15:09 Over Betsy Saina (15:12) And Chelsea Reilly (15:13) Lisa Uhl was 5th in 15:29; Sara Hall back in 7th (15:43).
- M5k: Arkansas' Kemoy Campbell Wins 5k In 13:32 Over Andrew Poore In 13:33 Andrew Bayer was 3rd (13:34.82), Anthony Rotich 4th (13:34.84) and Craig Miller 5th (13:35).
- M10k: John Gilbertson Wins Men's 10k In 28:30 (results) Oregon's Parker Stinson 2nd (28:34); Diego Estrada in 5th (28:52).
- M1,500: Riley Masters Wins In 3:40.77 As NCAA Indoor 800 Champ Elijah Greer Finished 4th (3:43.56) (results)
WSteeple: Alexi Pappas Wins In 9:46.73
Over Cornell's Rachel Sorna (9:52.58) (results)
- Texas Relays: Duke's Curtis Beach Wins Texas Relays Decathlon With 8,011 points Texas took the men's 4 x 8 in 7:29.51; Louisiana State women won in 8:41.25.
- *Elite Entry Lists: *Men Trey Hardee is in the 110H. *Women
*Meet Website *Schedule *Live Results/Heat Sheets
- MileSplit Weekend HS Coverage: Southlake Carroll Boys Run Leading 10:03.59 DMR; St. Thomas Aquinas Girls Run 3:43.70 4 X 400 Wesley Frazier runs 9:57 3,200 at Raleigh Relays.
Other Weekend Action
- Today In New Orleans: 12:48 Man Isiah Koech Leads Deep Field For Crescent City Classic 10-K Also on the men's side are 2010 World Jr. 5k champ David Bett and Allan Kiprono, the winner of the 2012 BAA Distance Medley. The women's field has US Olympian Janet Bawcom, World XC runnerp-up Hiwot Ayalew and World XC Jr 6th placer Sofia Shemsu.
- Jamaica's Team For Carifta Games Games Suffers A Blow With The Loss Of Sprinter/Hurdler Michael O'Hara To Chicken Pox O'Hara was expected to be a gold medal contender in the Under-17 100 meters and 110m hurdles.
*MB: Watch the 2013 Carifta Games in the Bahamas Live stream March 29 - April 1
- French TJer Teddy Tamgho Will Make Return To Competition At Low Key French Meet On Saturday www.european-athletics.org The indoor WR holder broke his ankle before the 2011 World Champs and hasn't competed since.
- Two Ocean's 56k Ultra: Last Year's 4th Placer Gert Thys Says A Fast Start Is Necessary To Win The Two Oceans Ultra-Marathon Last year he charged ahead early on record pace but ended up fading.
- Last Year's Comrades Marathon Winner Ludwick Mamabolo Will Race Two Oceans While Under Cloud Of Positive Test He failed a drug test after winning Comrades last year, but had his provisional suspension lifted as his disciplinary hearing will continue next month. What happens if he wins and then loses his court case?
- Some Ultras Pay: Two Oceans Offering An Extra $108,000 In Prize Money To Anyone Who Breaks The CR This increase puts Two Oceans Marathon among the top five marathons in the world in terms of prize money.
Other Random News
- Good For Him: Starring In "Find Your Greatness" Nike Commercial This Summer Motivated Overweight Preteen To Change His Lifestyle And Lose 32 Pounds The commercial featured 234-lb. Nathan Sorrell running down a wide open road.
- Study Looks At What Happens To The Body During Really Long Ultra Runs (8+ Hours) The longer you run, the harder it gets, but at 8 hours, things stabilize at least aerobically.
- MileSplit 2013 World Youth Championships Prospects
- The IAAF Looks Ahead At The Course For Next Year's World Half Marathon Championships In Copenhagen, Denmark
- Kenya Gearing Up For This Summer's Deaflympics
Oscar P's Bail Conditions Relaxed; He Can Now Race/Travel Abroad
- Oscar Pistrious Wins Bail Appeal, Getting Some Of His Bail Conditions Relaxed He is free to leave the country, compete overseas and could even run at the Moscow World Championships. His agent says at this point he has no immediate plans to compete and it is "highly unlikely" he'll be at Worlds.
- Video Of Judge Making Annoucment Relaxing Bail Conditions
- IAAF Say They Won't Stop Pistorius From Competing At Worlds "On the basis of the 'innocent until proven guilty' principle."
- Annoymous Sources Say Pistorius Is Unlikely To Get Invites To Major Meets And Even That The IAAF Is Planning To Dissuade Them From Letting Him Compete "One source close to the IAAF said their biggest fear was a small meet wanting to make a name by bringing upon itself a media circus."
Very Interesting: Anthony Famiglietti Blogs About The Use Of Thyroid Medication In Elite Distance Running "Here's the point. There are things out there some runner's are using to help maintain high performance that they may not actually need to live a normal everyday life. ... I do see some of them using whatever immediate options available to get the best results possible with long term well being becoming something of an afterthought."
The 40th World XC Championships *2013 World XC Results *LRC Video Interviews *LRC Course Photos *LRC Course Video Tour *LRC Post-Race Interviews *Race Video Highlights: Senior Men *Senior Women
LRC Women's Race: Emily Chebet Is Back And The US Gets Fourth We break down the women's action for you and give some love to Chebet, Neely Spence Gracey, Emily Infeld, Mattie Suver and the ageless Deena Kastor.
*Kenya: Junior Champ Faith Kipyegon Says She'll Be Stepping Down To Focus On The 1,500 Again For Track Last year she won World Junior Champs and went to the London Games, but didn't make it past the heats.
*Capital FM Looks At Kenyan Women's Team Finish
*GB: GB's Emilia Gorecka Leads Junior Women To A 3rd Place Team Finish This was the first time a GB junior team has made the podium and the the first medal for any GB team since 2004.
LRC Flash World XC Photo Gallery
SA Ultra Runner Ludwick Mamabolo, Who Was Suspended When He Failed A Drug Test After Winning The 2012 Comrades Marathon, Is Racing Two Oceans Marathon On Saturday He obtained an interdict to resume his career while his doping case was being finalized. So if he loses his case he will lose whatever title he earns at Two Oceans.
LA Marathon *Full Results
- Kenya's Erick Mose Wins LA Marathon In 2:09:44 As Belarus' Aleksandra Duliba Takes The Women's Race In Her Debut Setting A NR With 2:26:08 Deena Kastor was the top American woman in 3rd in 2:32:39, saying she had an upset stomach and a little tightness: "I gave a 100 percent effort on an 80 percent day." *MB: 2:32:39 for Deena
- 2:11 Man Nick Arciniaga Disappointed By His 2:17 7th Place Finish At The LA Marathon He was hoping to be under 2:10, but said, "I don't know why, my legs just weren't there. Some days, it just feels weird and you don't have it."
- LA Times Race Play-By-Play: Aleksandra Duliba Wins LA Marathon $50,000 Gender Bonus Finishing 2:09 Ahead Of The Top Men's Finisher Erick Mose
- The LA Times: "Does Los Angeles have a shot at hosting the 2024 Summer Olympics?" They have the fan base, sporting venues and favorable climate, but still face some obstacles such as cost, familiarity (they've already hosted twice) and any ill feelings left over from the USOC-IOC revenue sharing disagreement.
More Results On The Roads: Kawauchi PRs Again
- Seoul Marathon: Kenya's Franklin Chepkwony Wins In 2:06:59 Over Ethiopia's Leche Shumi Dechase (2:07:12) & Seboka Dibaba Tola (2:07:27) Kenyan Filomena Chepchirchir won the women's race in 2:25:43. Chepkwony won $80,000 for winning the race sub-2:10.
*Yuki Kawauchi Gets 4th At Seoul Marathon With A 1-Second PR Of 2:08:14 He set a new WR for the shortest time ever between sub-2:10 performances, 42 days. What's even crazier is he was disappointed, saying, "I was aiming for 2:07 in this race. It was an incredible waste."
Lolo Jones' Passion For Bobsled: Lolo Jones: "If I won a freakin' medal - if I won any medal - I would not be a bobsledder. Absolutely not. Are you kidding me? No. No!" "I'm so desperate. Desperate. It absolutely doesn't matter (whether she wins in the Winter or Summer Games.)"
Learn From The Pros
LRC Ten Training Tips From Bernard Lagat, Dathan Ritzenhein And Abdi Abdirahman The American men took center stage at the NYC Half on Thursday. You can watch video interviews with the top American men (Lagat here, Ritz here and Abdi here) and we will have more on their race preparations on Friday, but in the meantime we compiled ten training tips from Bernard, Dathan, and Abdi that you can use in your own training.
NY Times: "After The Mile: The Tim Danielson Story"
- Recommended Read: NY Times Piece On The Life And Tragedy Of Tim Danielson, The Second US Prep To Go Sub-4 In The Mile Danielson is currently in jail facing charges from last year for the murder of his ex-wife.
*MB: Tim Danielson-New York Times extensive article *Tragic News: Tim Danielson (Sub-4 Runner in HS) Allegedly Kills Wife/Survives Suicide Attempt
2013 NCAAs *NCAA Results *Saturday Photo Gallery *Friday Photo Gallery *Men's DMR Photo Gallery *Women's DMR Photo Gallery *LRC Banquet Photos *Friday Photos *LRC Friday Interviews *LRC Post-Race Video Interviews
LRC M Mile/3k:
What A Double - The Great Lawi Lalang Is Back Lalang, who up until this time last year was viewed as unbeatable at the NCAA level, got his mojo back with some major style points thrown in as he had one of the greatest nights in NCAA history, as he won both the mile (3:54) and 3,000 (7:45) in meet records. The Arkansas Razororbacks won NCAA title #41.
LRC 800s/W Mile: Elijah Greer Outduels Cas Loxsom; Emma Coburn Adds The Mile Title To Her Résumé And Natoya Goule Wins NCAA Title #1 The men's 800 ended up being the mano vs. mano battle between the two American seniors that everyone wanted to see - Greer and PSU's Casimir Loxsom with Greer coming out on top.
AP Recap: Arkansas Gets Its 20th Indoor Title And 1st Under Coach Chris Bucknam It's NCAA title #41 for the program as legend John McDonnell won 40.
*LRC Coach Chris Bucknam And John McDonnell Talk About Bucknam's NCAA Title #1
*Oregonian: Oregon Wins Its 4th Straight Women's Indoor Title
- Oklahoma's Tia Brooks Sets Collegiate Shot Put Record
- Olympic Bronze Medallist Derek Drouin PRs And Wins Sensational Men's HJ Competition He went 7'8.5" to win an event where 7 guys went 7'5" or higher and three 7'6" or higher. *LRC Interview With Drouin Where He Explains Why He Came Back To Indiana
- Geogia Freshman Shaune Miller Wins Great Women's 400 In 50.88
- Coburn Is 1st Mile Champ Ever From Colorado, Male Or Female
- Greer On 800: "I feel so tired it's ridiculous."
- IAAF NCAA Recap: Lalang's 2 Meet records, Tia Brooks' NCAA SP Record, And Arkansas' 4 X 400 NCAA Record (3:03.50) Highlight
Our Weekly Recap
LRC The Week That Was: Elites Do Read LRC, Don't Forget Adam Goucher, Marc Davis And Todd Williams, Who Is More Talented? Ben True Or Galen Rupp? We've recovered from our jet lag and take a look back at the 2013 World XC Champs for our weekly recap. This week we ask if Ben True is more talented than Galen Rupp, provide proof that elites do visit LetsRun.com, wonder if Hagos Gebrhiwet would have won the senior men's title, tell you how despite the US team's silver African domination is still very much alive. Plus Bernard Koech impresses at Lisbon, an Email of the Week from Kara Goucher, and gratuitous mentions of Brett Robinson, Marc Davis, Todd Williams and Adam Goucher. Plus video footage of the dancing at the post-race party and Canada does the Harlem Shake.
More Post-World XC News *LRC Flash Photo Gallery *LRC Men's Recap *LRC Women's Recap *2013 World XC Results *LRC Video Interviews *LRC Course Photos
- The 2013 World Cross-Country Course Had To Be Short LetsRun.com's ace stat man John Kellogg has done the math and we tell you - don't believe the times from Poland - there is no way the courses were the distances they were alleged to be.
- Article/Video: Kenya World XC Team Gets "5 Star Welcome Home" On another topic, AK chairman Isaiah Kiplagat said that the marathon team for Moscow would be named next week.
- Profile On World XC Champ Japhet Korir From 2 Years Ago Which Called Him A "Promising Talent"
2,000+ World Cross-Country Photos Now Up
Ben True: Beast
Chris Derrick On 10th Place And Silver
Watch Bronze Turn To Silver
NYC Photo Gallery
Abbey D'Agostino: Double NCAA Champion
WWLD (What Would Lance Do?) In Wake Of Embarrassing Number Of Doping Offenses, Russia Offers To Donate An Extra $390,000 A Year To WADA
Jenn Suhr World Record *Photos
Jenn Suhr Breaks World Record Suhr was perfect all day until she broke the world record at 5.02 meters. She then attempted 3 times at 5.07 (the highest vault indoors or out).
*Video Of World Record Vault
*Reuters: "Gritty Suhr Happy To Finally Reach New Heights"
Jerry's Boys Take On The Big Apple
LRC Lopez Lomong Sets New American Indoor 5,000 Record - Runs 13:07.00!!! We recap the historic night in NYC that saw Lomong get the AR, Chris Derrick get the "A" at 13:12.00 and the rest of Jerry's boys struggle a bit at the end as the pace was super hot. Includes exclusive post-race interviews that include Teg, Lomong, and Derrick, who talks about German Fernandez and Alan Webb.
*Photo Gallery *Race Video *Post-Race Interviews *Race Results Weekly
*Great News From Another Schumacher Stud: Chris Solinsky's 1st Track Race In Nearly Two Years Is Successful - Dominant 8:05 Win At UW