2016 Was A Record Year For LetsRun.com - Thank You For Your Running Obsession!
“Let’s Run is my first website of the day. (Then Marginal Revolution. Then the NY Times.) My running obsession is such that I really need to know how well Ryan Hill did in some obscure meet in Belgium, but the real reason is that it is my source of specificity. Runnning – and in particular the kind of obsessive attachment to running found on places like the messageboard of Let’s Run – is all about specificity. I like Mary Cain a lot, and if she runs 4:05 in a meet somewhere, I am measurably happier than if she runs 4:10. (Five seconds happier!). There’s something beautiful about that kind of narrow focus. I don’t trust people who don’t have something like this in their life. Is that a preposterously pretentious explanation? Probably. :-)”
– Best-selling author Malcolm Gladwell talking about LetsRun.com in an introduction to a feature on how LetsRun.com operates in Outside magazine by Charles Bethea. The piece is entitled, “How a Ragtag Crew of Almost Journalists Created Running’s Most Controversial Website.”
- OFFICIAL...How many miles did you run in 2016?
- Famous moon photo gov't. doesn't want you to know about. Shows UFOs leaving the surface of moon.
- Why would Millennials rather rent a $1500+ studio w granite counters than live w roommates 1st & save for a down PMT
- Call him Sir Mo - Mo Farah knighted at Queen's New Year Honours List
- Ed Whitlock - 85 yr old marathoner - gets nearly 1,500 word feature in NY Times by Jere Longman
- Why is nobody talking about Brenda Martinez' time trial?