Quote Of The Day
“Why do you get out of bed to run if you’re not going to run 2:03? It’s because 2:10 is faster than 2:11 and that’s a great thing to know when you’re in the back nine of your life and that will carry you through other things.”
– Dave Scott-Thomas, coach of 37-year-old Canadian marathoner Reid Coolsaet,¬†talking before today’s Fukuoka Marathon about Coolsaet going for the 41-year-old Canadian record (2:10:09). Despite a sub-optimal, injury plagued buildup, Coolsaet ran a respectable 2:10:55 but sadly missed the record by less than 1:20 for the sixth time in his career.
- What do you think of these super high-tech, lighted shorts with alarm that are on Kickstarter? Q&A with co-founder
- 2020 USA Olympic Marathon Team Trials Window/ Standards
- NXN - A case for why individuals should not be at a TEAM race
- Casey MF Clinger
- OAKLEY Got Her Gun!!
- IAAF/Coe reforms pass 182-10, dissenters and abstainers outed on big screen
- Benefits of Planks for Runners?
- Children on the Front Line at the Start of Races