Quote Of The Day
“I realize it could end tomorrow. My goal is to keep going as hard as I can reasonably. Some people say, ‘There’s no way; you get no rest.’ I heard it when I was running those 100 milers, back in my 20s. ‘By the time you’re 35, you’re going to be shot.’ ‘By the time you’re 40, you’re going to be shot.’ ‘By the time you’re 50, you’re going to be shot.’ And now they’ve stopped saying that.”
– 55-year-old masters runner Fred Zalokar talking about his longevity in the sport. Zalokar has won his age group in 5 out of 6 World Marathon Majors and hopes to complete the sweep in Tokyo. For his latest win (2:39:50 in London), his buildup included a two-month stretch averaging 150 miles a week.
- IOC busts 31 athletes from 2008 Olympics!
- Beijing busts - do you have a favourite
- New York Times say US Justice Department is investigating Russian doping
- Another frustrated Parent with coach
- UNC approving plan to decimate and maybe eliminate the Track program
- Best Running Movie?
- 2016 Pre Classic W 5000 Is Gonna Be Awesome - G. Dibaba versus Molly Huddle, V Cheuiyot, Kipyego and more
- Life after divorce