Consulting = Legal Bribery?
“The payments mentioned in the media were a legitimate consultant’s fee paid to the service we received from Mr. Tan’s company. It followed a full and proper contract and the monies were fully audited.
The Tokyo 2020 bid committee can confirm that it paid an amount for the professional services received for the following consultation work including: the planning of the bid; tutoring on presentation practice; advice for international lobbying communications; and services for information and media analysis. All these services were properly contracted using accepted business practices.”
– Statement from the Japanese claiming the $2 million they paid to a company tied to the disgraced Papa Diack was totally legitimate and not a bribe to help them get the 2020 Olympics.
- Holy cow: Virginia Tech places 1-7 in Mens Pole Vault at ACC Championships
- Where's Molly Seidel - DNS at Stanford and ACCs?
- Can someone shed some light on the true situation involving Cheserek and his fitness?
- 8th grade girl, sub 5:40 mile, what times are possible?
- BREAKING NEWS: Kenya track and field won't miss olympics, IAAF says
- London Marathon Unfairly Removes Runner's Results