Quote Of The Day
“I still feel a combination of horror and amusement about this experience. I am bewildered as to why USADA would waste their time and resources on me. I take DHEA to support my health and well-being and will continue to take it for those reasons. Avoiding the competitive events that ban this substance is not an issue for me. … I am not a member of USATF. Does that matter? I don’t know why USADA was at Pikes Peak Marathon. … USADA says they can come to my house now. I feel like I’ve been abducted by the circus.”
– 51-year-old mountain runner Kristi Anderson, talking about her one-year drug suspension by USADA for testing positive for DHEA at the Pikes Peak Marathon (she was 7th in 5:41; 3rd masters runner). Anderson isn’t an elite runner and says she didn’t know she needed a TUE for doctor prescribed drugs. *Discuss
Super Hot on LetsRun: WTF HAPPENED TO MARY CAIN?
- Worst Xmas present you received this year.
- Settle this Debate: How to run intervals as a group
- 3x600..killer workout
- 200400 ratios for distance runners vs sprinters? ventolin, sprintgeezer, anyone?
- Who is the most talented runner in NOP?
- Who's Seeing Unbroken on Christmas?
- Are DI or DIII runners more likely to keep training post-collegiately?