Take This To Heart In 2014
“For any athlete it’s about preparation and environment. You can throw booklets and plans at them all you like but unless an athlete is willing to live, sleep, eat and train – with no distractions – then you’re never going to be any good.”
– Irish 50k walk world champion Rob Heffernan talking in a great Independent.ie profile on him.
- Post your New Year's resolution(s).
- Yuki Kawauchi says if he finally breaks 29 (yes 29) for 1st time today (12/31), he'll never run 10,000 again on track
- Former Air Force Academy Discus Champ David Lyon (Sissy) killed in Afghanistan, husband of 2-time NCAA champ Dana Lyons (Pounds)
- XC Ski legend/7 time Olympic medallist (guy in David Esptein's book) Mäntyranta has died