Quote Of The Day
“When I got into that lead group I took a second [to think to myself] when I went to front at 16 miles and I was like, ‘I’m leading the frickin’ Boston Marathon up the Newton Hills.’ That knowledge at that point – I’ve had a good race already, it doesn’t even matter [what happens from here]. It’s more than I ever could have expected when I was in college dreaming about this type of career. I just had a lot of fun out there. … Today was amazing.”
– Scott Fauble speaking after running 2:09:09 to place 7th at the 2019 Boston Marathon.
- Official 2019 Boston Marathon Live Discussion Thread
- Nice range: 3:58 1500 runner Gelete Burka - the former world indoor 1500 champ - wins Paris Marathon in 2:22:47
- Clemence Calvin - who allegedly refused a doping test in Morocco last month but got a court order to stay her doping ban - sets new French NR of 2:23:41 in Paris
- Derek from Marathon Investigation has article in Washington Post
- Why is Game of Thrones in such a late time slot? Isn't it popular enough for a more family friendly slot?
- Tiger Woods is Baaaaaack!!!!
- Friend disagrees with me on what a pro marathon runner weighs
- Wow. Chuck Norris is 78, looks like he's 50.
- So Wired's Nicholas Thompson who wrote that Boston is a "terrible course if you want a personal best" just ran a 2:34 PB in Boston
- 2:17.59.4: New INDOOR MARATHON WR!!