Quote Of The Day
“At some point, the anti-doping establishment is going to have to narrow its banned list to a smaller one, limited to substances that truly hurt athletes and irrevocably harm competition, back it with real science, and make rules that don’t bend for the 1 percent. Otherwise, the whole system is going to collapse into irrelevance and disarray. And yes, there has to be a system.”
– Bonnie Ford writing on ESPN.com about how she thinks WADA needs to be changed in light of the Chris Froome case. Only have rules that matter and then enforce those rules period, whether the violation is for L-Carnitine, salbutamol or EPO. Ford points out, though, that things have improved a great deal from 20 years ago this weekend when a huge TDF drug bust led to the creation of WADA. We agree wholeheartedly.
- We Need Your Reviews- We're giving away 10 pairs of shoes to celebrate - LetsRun.com Better Running Shoe Site Is Here
- Melissa Bishop has given birth to a baby girl named Corrine Chidera
- Mary Cain says she plans on racing in next month or two
- Shannon Rowbury has successfully given birth to a daughter named Sienna
- Happy Fourth! Have any of you ever been in a legit Eating Contest?
- Joey MF Chestnut just ate 74 hot dogs
- HS coaches with the most sub-9 performers?
- Kansas' Morgan Griffiths won the inaugural women's decathlon with 5,939 points