Quote Of The Day
“[Stephanie] Hightower is the poster child both for why U.S. track, despite its competitive success, has continued to fade from the radar of mainstream America, and an increasingly all-too-common class of Olympic and international sports officials who have betrayed what’s best for their sport to chase their own self-serving agendas. Yet even in this age of the Blatter-fication of sports governing bodies, Hightower might be without equal in terms of the disparity between her massive ego and her actual achievements.”
“With her six-year tenure marred by incompetence, dysfunction and one high-profile disaster after another, Hightower’s only apparent talent has been in backroom politics.”
– Editorial in the Orange County Register by Scott Reid criticizing USATF President Stephanie Hightower for taking the place of Bob Hersh in nomination for IAAF Council, despite 85% of voting USATF members choosing Hersch for the job. *MB: Damning indictment of Stephanie Hightower
- RENATO CANOVA is Bekele's new coach!
- German's back baby!! 3rd at 2014 Club Nats
- Make your predicitions now, When does Grant Fisher break 4:00 and how close to Webb's 3:53 does he get?
- Lukas Verzbicas should be mentioned with Fisher.
- My 15 yr old son stole my car last night while I was sleep........How should I punish him???
- 1/2 Marathon Jogger accidentally (?) steals banner moment from Women's Marathon Winner
- Discussion on Whether 150+ Athletes Names and Blood Values Should or Should Not be Revealed
- At what age are you too old to be going to parties where people are playing beer pong?