2014 Foot Locker Cross Country Championships
One pushed hard throughout, one waited until the final 800, but both were utterly dominant in earning their historic second wins.
2013 runner-up Hannah Debalsi is back, as is two-time FL West champ and four-time qualifier Makena Morley, who won her region by an astonishing 38 seconds. But neither of them is the favorite. That would be 2012 champ Anna Rohrer, who ran 16:57 at FL Midwest (just missing her CR) despite not running at all this summer while recovering from navicular fractures in her feet.
For the first time in history, the top three boys from last year all return, led by 2013 champ/4:02 miler Grant Fisher. He'll try to hold off John Dressel (2nd last year), Matthew Maton (3rd last year, 4:03 mile, broke Galen Rupp's Oregon state meet course record) and a slew of other contenders in one of the deepest Foot Locker fields ever.
Week That Was: The Olympic Mascot Is Here, The Eugene R-G Looks Into Worlds 2019, The Foot Locker Final Fields, Some Guy Runs 1:45 In December, Andrew Wheating Runs 13:59
The Eugene Register-Guard does some good journalism on the Worlds 2019 bid, the Foot Locker Final fields are almost set, some guy runs 1:45 in December, Andrew Wheating runs 13:59, and the Olympic mascots are here.
On The Boards
- Lukas Verzbicas should be mentioned with Fisher.
- Make your predicitions now, When does Grant Fisher break 4:00 and how close to Webb's 3:53 does he get?
- Five reasons why I hope Grant Fischer doesn't win footlocker.
- BEST COMPROMISE between Footlocker and NXN
- Petition to let Tanner Anderson Race Footlocker
- footlocker predictions
- Are the Hackers The First Foot Locker Father-Son Qualifiers
- FL Final, Tamagno or Hunter...
- Who do you WANT to see win Footlocker?
- Foot Locker 2014 Is Going to Be Legendary