The US Olympic Trials *Results *TV Schedule *LRC Trials YouTube Channel *LRC Day 1 Photos Gallery *Check Prediction Contest Scores *LRC Day-By-Day Coverage
LRC Ashton Eaton Sets WR & Mesmerizes On And Off The Track The former Oregon star was sensational and got the world record after a big PR in
that sent the Hayward faithful into a frenzy. Afterwards, he sent the media into a frenzy with an amazing press conference.
LRC If You've Got 20 Minutes, Watch This Ashton Eaton Press Conference The world record holder is cerebral and fascinating.
Classy Move Of Year: Curtis Beach Lets Eaton Cross Line First As He Breaks WR - Eaton Wishes "He Could Be As Graceful" As Beach "I just thought it would be better for Ashton to win as he broke the world record."
*Eaton Uses Hayward Field Magic To Help Set World Record
*Ashton Eaton World Record Photo Essay
Olympic Champ Bryan Clay DQed In Hurdles *Clay, After Hurdles DQ: "It's The Worst Feeling Ever"
What About The Sport? LRC This Doesn't Have To Be The End For Bryan Clay; He Should Do A Decathlon Next Week
800 Semis: LRC Fans Get What They Deserve - Two Stacked 800 Finals The big guns all made the final as the top 6 men's and women's seeds will all be in the final on Monday. *Monti: Mulder Upstages Symmonds In 800m Semifinals
Recommended Read: Sports Illustrated: Children of the Internet era, Alan Webb & Dathan Ritzenhein know intense scrutiny LetsRun.com gets a prominent mention in the Tim Layden piece on how Ritz & Webb have had careers full of scrutiny since they were HS phenoms. Layden is the same guy who wrote a 2001 piece on Ritz & Webb for SI.
MB: Webb on LetsRun: "Way back in the beginning, it was fun,..(but now) every single thing I do is scrutinized by some blogger."
Solinsky's Injury Plight Gets Sympathy In WSJ Solinsky "At this time next year, I'm going to be back to where I was. I want to get out there and make it tough on people. That's what I'm looking forward to the most - making people hurt."
- BREAKING NEWS FELIX TIES FOR 3RD IN REVISED RESULTS??
- Eaton WR!
- Exclusive Interview With Man Responsible For Reading Women's 100 Final (Allyson Felix's Race) Finish Image
- Major props to NBC...
- Why can't Mark Wieczorek (made 800 final) get a sponsor???
- Nick Symmonds Says He May Have a Beer and a Burger Before the Final
- Why did Jock almost fail to advance to the finals?
- Seeing her now, there is now doubt in my mind Jeter is on s**t
Friday At The Trials - Day 1
LRC Galen Rupp Puts On A Clinic As The Sub-13 Guys Punch Their Tickets To London Galen Rupp won and the three sub-13:00 guys made the team but this race held in a downpour was full of drama. Chris Derrick continued his fine 2012 in fourth. Recap, splits, results, and post-race interviews.
LRC Day 1 Photos Gallery
LRC Men's Post-Race 10,000m Reaction
Day 1: 800 1st Round LRC The Favorites Advance - The Top 6 Women's Seeds and Top 7 Men's Seeds All Qualify For Semis While for the most part, the big names moved on, the first round wasn't without drama and excitement. There was a bunch of contact in the women's first round, a high schooler advanced, and along the way Cas Loxsom, Chanelle Price and Erica Moore did fall by the wayside. Will Nike flex its muscle and get a tripped LaTavia Thomas into the semis?
IAAF Recap Of Day 1 US Trials
Decathlon: Ashton Eaton Crushes It On Day 1, Setting Two World Decathlon Records *IAAF Recap Of Decathlon IAAF
Men's 400: LaShawn Merritt Posts Fastest 400 Time As Oregon's NCAA Runner-Up Mike Berry Goes Out In The First Round Jeremy Wariner was only 3rd in his heat but said everything was fine (interview here). LaShawn Merritt watched Wariner's heat with attention in the mixed zone.
Women's 400m: *"Messing Up Her Hair" Richards-Ross' Only Problem On Rainy Day 1 Of U.S. Trials
*Sanya Richards-Ross Interview Where She Talks About Her New Hairstyle
Women's 100m: Women's 100: Carmelita Jeter, Allyson Felix And Tianna Madison Win Their Heats
Women's 100m Hurdles: Kellie Wells Runs 12.68 To Lead Round 1 Of 100 Hurdles As All The Top Names Are Safely Through Lolo Jones got through but was not happy with her race (video). She'll need a lot better to make the final and London.
*Lolo Jones Not Happy At All With Her 13.01 1st Round Run
- Dwain Chambers Wins Shows 18-Year-Old Adam Gemili Who Is Boss & Wins UK 100m Trials Chambers still needs the 10.18 "A" standard. Mo Farah won his 1,500 heat
easily in 3:47.51 and said he will definitely race Saturday's final. World 400H champ Dai Greene won his heat in 50.80.
*Chambers Yells "F*** Off" Repeatedly On Live TV In Exuberence After Big Win *Recommended Watch: Chambers Swears
- Chambers: ""I just wanted to win and you need that bit of anger in you, but I'm sorry and I didn't mean it. The dream is still alive."
- Chambers Says Sorry For F-Word TV Outburst
Chambers Needs To Run Race of His Life To Make Team
- Ennis Wins High Jump And Hurdles
- Mo Farah Withdraws From The 1,500m Final To Focus On Defending His 5,000m Title At Next Week's European Championships
- Phillips Idowu Makes Late Withdrawal From UK Trials He hasn't competed since landing awkwardly at Pre and Charles van Commenee refuses to discuss his specific condition. He said, "This is all I have to say. I'm sure you can ask him yourself, maybe he twitters."
- With The Olympics So Close, Who Cares About The European Championships?
LRC Olympic Track And Field Predictions Galen Rupp A 99.1% Percent Favorite The votes are coming in in our $200,012 Brooks Trials Contest and Galen Rupp is a 99.1% favorite to win tonight.
Eugene Saturday *LRC Trials YouTube Channel
LRC The Inside Story Of How Jeneba Tarmoh First Saw The 100m Finish Photo On The LetsRun.com Laptop Roughly 3 Hours After The Race Caremelita Jeter won the 100m, but the story was the battle for the third spot between training partners Jeneba Tarmoh and Allyson Felix. At first,
Tarmoh was announced in third by .001 but then after
the stands had emptied, a dead
heat was announced. We thought we were the only ones not knowing what was going on, until next thing we knew Tarmoh was looking at the finish photo on Wejo's laptop.
*Oregonian Recap Of Felix, Tarmoh Tie
LRC An Exclusive Interview With The Man Responsible For Reading The Allyson Felix 100m Finish Picture LetsRun.com exclusively caught up Roger Jennings, the man whose job it is to determine who finished third and who got fourth, and the timing whiz explained how it was determined there was a dead heat. Plus we do a little bit of research and determine that even though USATF has said there is no protocol for breaking a tie, that the USATF rule book does in fact envision such a scenario and has a solution - a old-fashioned drawing of lots!!!
MB: BREAKING NEWS FELIX TIES FOR 3RD IN REVISED RESULTS??
MB: Exclusive Interview With Man Responsible For Reading Women's 100 Final (Allyson Felix's Race) Finish Image
*Official USATF Press Release
LRC Lolo Jones' Third Place Steals The Show In The Olympic Trials Hurdles Final Lolo turned around her season in 24 hours after a "reality meltdown" following round one. She said, "I woke up today and did not think I would make the team. I was fighting a constant head battle to get through this. I had my sports psychologist on speed dial 1, my pastor on speed dial 2, and my mom on speed dial 3 ..."
Shot Put Stunner: LRC 5-Time World/Olympic Silver Medallist & One-Time World Champ Adam Nelson Misses Final, Gives Emotional Presser And Advice For Us All Nelson may still compete but had great advice for us all: "When you do it the right way and you do it every single day, the hard work pays off time and time again." Full video and recap.
Is He Fit Or Struggling? Jeremy Wariner Lets Up At The Line And Almost Goes Home Early The question becomes did he really let up? We guess we'll find out in today's final. LaShawn Merritt spoke on the line between letting up and finishing hard, saying, "You have to go from the gun to the finish line. I've lost thousands of dollars in prize money by a tenth of a second."
Women's 100H Hurdles Protest Warranted? The officials came out and dried the track more between heat 1 and heat 2 of the 100m hurdles semis. Heat 1 ran at a disadvantage.
Friday's 10,000m At The Track Trials *LRC Day 1 Photos Gallery *LRC YouTube Channel *Day 1 Photos *Check Prediction Contest Scores *LRC Day-By-Day Coverage
LRC Women's 10,000m Amy Hastings Outkicks Suprising Natosha Rogers And Shalane Flanagan For Redemption This race had no drama for the Olympic spots the final mile but it was full of drama. Lisa Uhl's shoe came untied, Natosha Rogers fell and then got up and in the fourth 10k of her life beat Olympic medallist Shalane Flanagan. The laurel wreath went to Amy Hastings, the
place finisher at the Marathon Trials.
*LRC 10,000m Photos
10,000s On The Boards:
- play by plays for trials 10,000 meters - women and men
- Natosha MF Rogers
- CHRIS DERRICK APPRECIATION THREAD
- Teg ran a gutless race
Bekele Is Back/International News
Kenenisa Bekele Is Back As A Winner - Wins UK/Ethiopian Trials The King (27:02.59) beat his brother Tariku (27:03.24), Gebre Gebremariam (27:03.58), and
Mr. Silver Sileshi
Sihine (27:03.65) in the
battle for the three Olympic spots and declared himself to be ready to defend his Olympic crown. "I hope to show to the world great things. Absolutely I am back, 100 per cent." *MB Discussion Of Race
*Mo Farah Watches As Bekele Returns To Form & As Bekele Says He's Ready To Three-Peat
*Dedication: After Missing 200 "A" By .02, Irish Sprinter Travels 18 Hours Through 4 Countries To Try Again And Misses By .04
*Moscow City Championships: Yekaterina Kostetzkaya Wins 1,500 In 4:04.97; Yelena Kofanova Takes 800 In 1:58.51
Day 1 Trials Photo Gallery
LRC Hammer Time Kicks Off 2012 Olympic Trials Successfully And The First LetsRun.com Hammer Interview Ever With The Guy In The Green T-Shirt Best hammer throw we've ever seen. Plus the exclusive first-ever LetsRun.com hammer interview with the guy (Chris Cralle) who finished second in a plain green T-shirt.
*Kibwe Johnson And Amber Campbell Win Hammer Throws To Kick Off Olympic Trials In Portland
Non Mid-D/Distance Trials News
- Sanya Richards Ross To Do 200/400 Double At Trials
- Allyson Felix Doing 100/200 Double At Trials
- AFP Writes Article On Dennis Mitchell And Justin Gatlin And Doesn't Mention Mitchell Was Busted For Drugs
- Tyson Gay Says "I am feeling fast."
- Triple Jumper Erica McLean Is Back From Gruesome Injury That Left Sand In Her Leg Hoping To Make Olympic Team
Latest USATF On The Boards
- Robby Andrews Not in 800 He is only running the 1,500.
- Now That Webb is In They'd Better Let Fam in Alan Webb, a one-time Olympian, was put in the meet in the 5,000m without a qualifying time. Anthony Famiglietti, a two-time Olympian, who was much closer to qualifying in his event, has not yet been put in the meet.
- Male hammer thrower in womens trials?
The Kenyan Trials Have Started *Mid-D/Distance Results
- King David Rudisha Runs 1:42.12 Altitude WR To Put Kenyan Crowd Into A Frenzy King David wasn't the only one to excite the crowd as even bigger cheers went
to Ezekiel Kemboi, who set the crowd afire when he pulled up to eventual steeple winner Brimin Kipruto and seemingly motioned to let him win with 50m to go before re-enacting his famous "Daegu jig" at the finish. Asbel Kiprop barely qualified (3rd) as Olympic champ Nancy Lagat, Linet Masai
and Paul Kipsiele Koech fell by the wayside.
*Kemboi's Dance Gets More Cheers Than Rudisha's Win
*MB: Rudisha's 1:42.12 NEW ALTITUDE WR!!! Brimin Kipruto 8:11 steeplechase and Isaiah Koech 13:09 as well, if this isn't a troll.
*MB: Kiprop 3rd: "It's a good thing that I did not win the Trials since the pressure that comes with it is too much."
- AP Recap: Rudisha, Jelimo And Cheruiyot Win
- Epic Battle In Steeple Will Be One Of Saturday's Highlights 3-time Olympic/world champ Ezekiel Kemboi is only the 6th fastest Kenyan in the world. The defending Olympic champ Brimin Kipruto is #51 in the world.
- Silas Kiplagat Will Treat 1,500 As Olympic Final "I am considering these trials as an Olympic final since you fail here and you live to regret for the next four years."
- Women's 5,000 & Finals Won't Be Bad Either
- Olympic 1,500m Champion Nancy Langat Is Now Healthy But In Battle Against Time To Make Olympic Team
- Day 1: Day 1 Recap - Most Favorites Advance But Leonard Kosencha & Augustine Choge Don't The big news on day 1 was that 17-year-old sensation and world #4 in the 800, Leonard Kosencha, who was suffering from an illness, didn't make the final. Might he get a wild card? 2008 Olympian Boaz Lalang also mis-timed his meals and was a DNF with cramps. Augustine Choge also bombed out of the 5k. *Discuss
- TIA: Kenyan Officials Change Start Time Of 800 And Boaz Lalang Had To Drop Out Because Of Eating His Breakfast Too Early
- David Rudisha Breezes To Finals & Gets Rave Reviews From All In Attendance Leonard Kosencha & Augustine Choge Fail Coach Colm O'Connell was very happy and even his fellow competitors seemingly have raised the white flag, as 2007 world champ Alfred Kirwa Yego said he's "happy being on the track with him" and that it's a "privilege" for Kenya to have Rudisha on their team.
- Pre-Meet: Mutwiri Mutuota's Preview
- Kenyan Olympic Trials Preview: Silas Kiplagat Says The 1,500 Final On Saturday Will Be A "Battle Of Men" Can Kiplagat or Nixon Chepseba challenge Asbel Kiprop? Heats are tomorrow.
Video Of The Day From Saturday (Listen Closely)
Matt Taylor Speaks #2
LRC Redefine Running: Who's In Charge Of "The Sport" (link fixed) Last week Matt Taylor, the guy behind ChasingTradition, ChasingKimbia, ChasingGlory, and an upcoming Usain Bolt video game, told you running was dying. This week he tells you it's thriving. He explains the inconsistency. While the activity of running is thriving, the sport is dead with the mainstream sports fan. In the internet era, diehards get their fix, while Joe Sports-Fan has no idea who Matt Centrowitz is. How do we fix this?