Update: Mike Rodgers Waiting On A Hearing And "B" Sample Test To Find Out If He's Eligible For Worlds Penalties for a positive test for stimulants can range from a warning to a suspension of several months. His agent wants to emphasize that he tested positive for a stimulant, and not "steroids or anything of that nature."
New Balance Falmouth *Full Results *Mile Results *Mile Photos *Men's Mile Video *Women's Mile Video
*American Lewy Boulet Wins Falmouth While Kenyan Lucas Rotich Gets Men's Title With the overall and American, win she "double-dipped" and pocketed 20 thousand. US steeplechaser Brian Olinger was 4th overall and 1st American on the men's side as Abdi Abdirahman was 5th and Ben True was 6th.
*Jordan McNamara Wins Falmouth Mile In 3:54.89, Leads Ten Sub-Four Jeff See was 2nd (3:55.24) as AJ Acosta was 3rd (3:55.30). Will Leer was back in 8th (3:58.41). McNamara won $3,000 for his victory ($2,000 for the win plus $1,000 for breaking four minutes).
*Falmouth Prize Money Draws Big USA Field, But May Impact Strategy With so much American-only prize money on the line, the fear is it could turn into two separate races, one between Americans and one with everyone else ahead. Isn't that ususally the case? The 1st and 2nd place Americans will make more than last year, but 3rd place gets the same in American-only money.
Latest-est World Champs Updates
- Jamaica's 110H NR Holder Dwight Thomas Wants To Do Well At Worlds For His Father, Who Was Recently Murdered
- France Names Team For World Champs: Both Mehdi Baala And Mahiedine Mekhissi-Benabbad Are On The Team
- Jamaica Coming To Grips With The Fact That No One Can Beat Carmelita Jeter
- Isa Phillips Was 5th In The 400m Hurdles At The Jamaican Trials, But Is Making Things Difficult On Selectors By Getting The "A" Standard First and second from the trials have the "A," but third only has the "B" and fourth withdrew.
- Inside The Gams Covers SA Scientist Ross Tucker's Explanation On How Oscar Pistorius' Legs Give Him An Advantage
- Poland Names Team For Worlds: Hoping For 5 Medals
- With 10 Straight Victories, Mo Farah Is Looking For The Historic Double At World Champs
- Ireland Sending 4 "B" Athletes To Worlds
Future Olympic News
*South Africa Still Undecided About 2020 Olympic Bid
*Istanbul Bidding To Host 2020 Olympics It's Istanbul’s fifth attempt to host the games, after failed bids in 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2012.
*Tokyo Confirms Bid For 2020 Olympics
Falmouth Pre-Race News
Boston Globe: "Falmouth's Essence Remains The Same" But some things have changed. How about this: "When Bill Rodgers first won
this seaside ramble in 1974 he lost money on
the deal. He won a Waring blender but had his car towed." Good read.
Today: Will Leer To Try To Defend New Balance Falmouth Title Versus Ciaran O'Lionaird, AJ Acosta And Jordan McNamara
Previous: Micah Kogo And Wude Ayalew Headline 2011 New Balance Falmouth Road Race Kogo won TD Bank Beach to Beacon last weekend and is the favorite. There is $10,000 on the line for the winners and $10,000 on the line for first American.
World Championships-Related News
- Kenya's Jackson Mumbua Kivuva Says He Wants To Win In Daegu Up against a stellar field including David Rudisha, most likely he will be disappointed.
- Aussie Team Pulls Strings To Be The First To Arrive In Daegu; "Expect 5 Medals"
- Cuba Names WC Squad 2-time TJ defending champ Yargelis Savigne and Olympic gold medallist and 110H WR holder Dayron Robles lead a team which includes no distance/mid-distance runners.
- UK's Top Discus Thrower Abdul Buhari Is Looking For Success At His First Major Championship As an un-funded athlete, he works part time and only sees his coach twice a week.
- Romania Names Team Of 8 For World Champs They claim that 3 have a good shot at a medal. 3 out of 8 is a pretty good percentage.Andrey Mikhnevich Throws 22.10 PR (#2 In World)
*World Champ Yaroslav Rybakov May Compete In Korea As His Foot Is Better
Daegu 2 Weeks Away
- British Long Jumper Chris Tomlinson Ready For Worlds www.guardian.co.uk
- Bahamas Sending A Strong Team Of 18 To Worlds
- Spanish Team For Worlds Announced
- Canadian Team Announced None of he mid-d runners Americans are familiar with made it.
- World Championships Marathoner Akaba Gives A Report On Training On Boulder's Famed Magnolia Road Are you under the age of 25 and don't know about Magnolia Road? Then clearly you haven't read Running With The Buffaloes.
- Mac Or PC? David Rudisha ... is a tech-savvy Mac guy who has an ipad and does facebook and twitter. We sure as hell hope he also does letsrun.com.
- Jamaican 110H Record Holder Dwight Thomas Is Buoyed By Outpouring Of Support He's Received Since His Father Was Chopped And Shot To Death His father was a very quiet man and his tragic death is still a mystery.
- AP: Sebastian Coe Discusses Games Image After Riots In London
- Former 'Nova Great Sonia O'Sullivan Says Authorities Will Learn From Rioting And London 2012 Will Be Huge Success
- Meet "The sexiest Russian female athlete of the year." 20-year-old European indoor LJ champ Darya Klishina is being hyped as a future star.
- Heptathlete Jessica Ennis Sets PR Of 12.79 To Move To #2 In GB All-Time On 100H List She's only behind the "plastic Brit" Tiffany Porter.
- It's Official: Christian Taylor And Will Claye Turn Pro
The Legendary Joe Newton (Elmhurst York High School, IL) Admits Getting Softer The Older He Gets "The big thing now is I am just listening more. You do that as you mature as a coach."
San Diego Runner Jon Tumilson Was One of 22 Navy Seals Killed When Helicopter Was Shot Down In Afghanistan A memorial run will be held for him on San Diego on Tuesday.
Wanna Be A Pro Runner?
- Minnesota Star Tribune Takes A Look At How To Take A Stab At A Pro Running Career The Team USA Minnesota people put on a camp, the RunPro Camp, last month trying to help aspiring pros learn how to
live a life of povertypursue their dreams. "Even if you're not one of the superstars of our sport, you have a certain amount of limelight and stardom. To be out there and pursue your dreams is not a reality for a lot of people. It's fantastic to do something you love every day."
- RunPro Camp Seen As Success By Participants
- How RunPro Came Together, Hopes For A Sequel
Team USA Is Final
Team USA Announced For World Championships And Bryan Clay And Lauren Fleshman Are On It The good news that results from USATF having bureaucrats like John Chaplin with dictator-like
powers is they don't have to follow their own rules and as a result Lauren Fleshman, America's top 5,000m
runner right now,
is now on the team, as the rumors of Desiree Davila giving up her spot were true. USATF rules state only 4 runners can chase times but thankfully that stupid rule was somehow ignored.
Nike Oregon Athletes On Team USA
World Championships News
- Distance-Related News: Kenyan Govt. Making Unprecedented $upport Of World Championships Team 300,000 shillings, which is a little more than $3,000, goes to gold medallist. If you make the final, you get a little more than $100. Yet somehow, the govt is spening more than $285,000 overall. Quite frankly, we think their govt. should spend nothing.
- Asbel Kiprop Says Anything But Gold In 1,500 Will Be Disappointment For Kenya - Says Kenyans Fear Only Laalou And Bernard Lagat Asbel, Bernard Lagat isn't even in the event, but Andy Wheating is and he has a better PR than you do.
- World Championships Silver Medallist Yoshimi Ozaki Runs 50km In Boulder And Is Feeling Good About Her Chances "I can see the scenario where I surge away."
- Lightly Raced Olympic Champ Nancy Langat Hoping To Return To Top In Daegu
- Olympic Silver Medallist Richard Thompson Not Given Exemption - Will Have To Compete For Daegu Spot This Weekend A good call as Trinidad & Tobago has 6 sprinters who have the A or B standard in the 100m.
- Namibia Names Its Team Of 2 For Daegu - 800-Meter Man Is Called Olympic Medal Hopeful Daniel Nghipandulwa has only run 1:46.
More Worlds News
Kenya: Ezekiel Kemboi Shows Up At Kenyan Camp After
Secretly Training In Warm-Weather Spot In Kenya Running Road Race In Italy Kemboi claimed to be training in warm weather; instead, he was at a road race in Italy. Thanks to the LRC tipster for sending us
the results. Hopefully, Athletics Kenya does not kick him off the Worlds team.
*Silas Kiplagat Hoping For Kenya's First 1,500m Gold Ever At Worlds Stat of the day: 4 - the number of medals the US and Kenya have both won in the history of the World Championships at 1,500. Yes, the US has won as many medals as Kenya.
Tegla Laroupe Talks Positively About Kenyan Team At Worlds
S. Africa: South African Team Named For Worlds And It Features Oscar Pistorius, Caster Semenya, LJ Van Zyl
*No More Lily-Whites For S. African Teams Track and field is a meritocracy. If whites - or in this instance, blacks - aren't on the team, usually it means they aren't good enough.
A Heart-Wrenching Story, But He Still Shouldn't Run Worlds: In Boarding School, Oscar Pistorius' "Friends" Hid His Legs, Then Started A Fire With Lighter Fluid And Watched Him Scramble
Japan: 2:23 Marathoner And 2009 World Champs Silver Medallist Yoshimi Ozaki Has Been Doing Overdistance Training In Colorado And Is Ready For Worlds
US: Lauren Fleshman Blogs About Her Amazing Turnaround In London, Crying After Her Debacle In Sweden She could even be named to the US team today, as USATF fortunately may not follow its rules.
Spain: After 1st 800 In 2:17, Manuel Olmedo Closes Last 300 In 38 To Win Spanish 1,500m Title And Become A Worlds Contender?
Brazil: South American Women's 200m Record (Lemos Silva 22.48), 10,000m Record (Alves da Silva 31:16) Set At Brazilian Champs
Uganda: 30 People Show Up To Watch Ugandan Champs
- The Average Fan Has A Reason To Watch 2 Track Meets After Worlds: Bolt To Run 100 In Zagreb, 200 In Brussels After Worlds
- Usain Bolt's Bolt Becomes Part Of Channel 4 Logo In Britain
Non-London Weekend Action *Ireland Results
Flanders Cup Belgium: Latavia Thomas Runs
1:59.67 - Nearly A 2-Second PR!, Former World Junior Mile Record Holder
Ilham Tanui Özbilen Runs 1:44.25, David Torrence Wins 1,500 Congrats to Thomas. Tanui Özbilen is William Tanui Biwott, the world junior record holder in the mile, who would be a darkhorse candidate for gold in Daegu, but he can't compete because he switched to Turkey.
Ireland: Irish Nationals Recap: Youngters Impress John Coghlan, Eamonn's son, got second in the 1,500.
London Diamond League *Complete Results *Eurosport Photos *Day 1 Highlights *Day 2 Video Highlights
LRC Day 2: Leo, Lisa And Sanya Impress On day 2 of 2 at the final big meet before Worlds, Leo Manzano got Americans excited for WCs by
coming from way behind to get a shock victory in the men's 1,500; British fans got excited by Lisa Dobriskey's win in the women's 1,500; American fans also were probably
thrilled by Sanya Richards-Ross' return to form in the 400 (49.66). Plus two Americans got the "A" standard in the women's 5,000, as Lauren Fleshman crushed the field - but was it the right two?
*MB: Leo Wow!!!! 3:51 FTW *Lauren Fleshman 15 flat for 5000m *Desi Davilla!!!!!!!!
*Wetmore: Coburn Can Run Faster Than Her New 9:37 PR
LRC Round 1 Of Kaki Vs. Rudisha Goes To Rudisha On day 1 of 2 at the final big meet before Worlds, the matchup between the two greatest 800m runners on the planet, David Rudisha and Abubaker Kaki, did not disappoint, as Rudisha took down Steve Cram's UK all-comers record. Kenia Sinclair lost her first 800 of
the year to Jenny Meadows, as NCAA 400m champ Kirani James appeared for the first time since NCAAs and stamped himself as a favorite in Daegu, Dayron Robles beat David Oliver again as did surprisingly Jason Richardson, Yohan Blake showed he's one to watch in the 100 at Worlds, Jenn Suhr showed she is back, Kaliesha Spencer blasted the 400m hurdles, and Mo Farah ran a 25-second last 200m to toy with the men's 3,000m field.
- Saturday: IAAF Recap *AP Recap
- Athletics Weekly: Christian Taylor Arrives (17.68m) He's now the 27th-best man in history and 7th-best American.
- Walter Dix Wins 200m And Says Bolt Could "Definitely Be Beaten" If Walter was in his college form, he might be the one to do it.
- BBC: Brits Stink Up On Day 2
- Friday: Farah Blows Field Away At Crystal Palace, Does Tempo Run After The only question surrounding him appears to be how he'll adapt to the heat of Daegu. The Guardian
- Jenny Meadows Wins 800m In London And May Be A Surprise Gold Medal Threat In Daegu Telegraph
- With World Leader, Kirani James Ready To Put Grenada On The Map Reuters
Molly Huddle Hoping To Run Her First Worlds
Molly Huddle Planning On Doing Her First Worlds But Plantar May Keep Her Out She also talks about running the marathon and not breaking the women's 10,000m record.
News From Kenya
- Full Of Confidence, Vivian Cheruiyot Is Eyeing Double Gold At Worlds And Then 5,000 WR After her win last week in 14:20 with "poor weather" and "slow pacesetters," she realized she can get the WR. The crazy thing is she says she wishes Tirunesh Dibaba was in the 10,000 to raise the "level of competition."
- Nobody In Kenya Knows Where Ezekiel Kemboi Is; If He's Not At Kenyan Camp By Monday, He'll Be Kicked Off Worlds Squad We think he's probably being smart and not burning himself out by training too hard.
- Richard Thompson Clocks 9.85 Trinidad & Tobago NR, Tying Him For 4th On The 2011 World List He broke Ato Boldon's record of 9.86. This run ties him for 4th-fastest this year and 9th-fastest ever. *MB thread here.
- Columbia's Caterine Ibargüen Ties WL And Breaks NR With 14.99m In TJ
- USATF Recap Of Thrope Cup (Team Throwing Competition): Germany Has Slight Lead On US
- IAAF Recaps Finland's Vattenfall Elite Games: Jukka Keskisalo Wins Steeple In 8:29.38
- After Stress Reaction Slows Her Down, Kara Goucher Still Hopeful Going Into Worlds, But Concedes She Might Not Be The One Pushing The Pace This blog post really gives a glimpse into the advantages of the technology the Oregon Project uses. Kara says she didn't lose much fitness, as she was still able to train on their "Alter-G" and underwater treadmills.
- Campaign Trail A Rough Run For Carl Lewis Still facing obstacles to stay on the ballot and criticisms about refusing to take a stance on major issues.
- No SEC Invite For Texas A&M There were rumors that Texas A&M would move to SEC, but a meeting of league officials led to the agreement that things would stay as it is for now. There is still a good chance this move will happen in the near future. *MB: The New SEC has 16 teams, ACC to follow
- 2:14 Marathoner Nate Jenkins Blogging About How Even The Best Runners Have Their Bad Days
- Lukas Verzbicas Tops DyeStat's "Most Outstanding Performers" List For Boys Distances
Another Drug Bust
- US's Mike Rodgers Tests Positive For Banned Stimulant His agent claims he drank an energy drink which contained the stimulant. Rodgers was the 3rd man on the World Champs 100m team after Walter Dix and Justin Gatlin.
- UK Athletes Blast Steve Mullings After Caught In Doping Violation And they showed no sympathy.
- Steve Mullings Says He Is "Confident His Name Will Be Cleared" Even if it was (which seems unlikely considering his past), it is unlikely that it will be in time for him to run in Daegu. The final list is due Monday, but his B sample won't be tested until Tuesday. This means that Nesta Carter would get his 100m spot.
The Most Ridiculous "Plastic Brit" Yet Come 2012, Yamile Aldama will run for her third country in three Olympic Games.
Ridiculous 18-Year-Old Skier Urinates On 11-Year-Old Girl During JetBlue Flight; Kicked Off US Ski Team Apparently he was drunk and didn't realize he wasn't in the bathroom.
"Will be interesting to see if athletes withdraw from Daegu with illness
or injury due to IAAF introducing all athletes to blood testing." - Former 400m bronze medallist Katharine Merry writing about the universal blood testing in Daegu. We hope some cheats get out but think the bigger implications will be down the road because the blood test in Daegu is to establish the baseline to catch the cheats in the future. Related On The Boards: Deagu "Drop Outs" Thread
Details On Steve Mullings
- Telegraph: "It is understood that the greater sensitivity of drug testing equipment to detect the masking agent furosemide, was behind Mullings' positive." Now it's important for people to realize that sometimes people testing positive for furosemide get off scot free, as was the case last month with some Brazilian swimmers.
- Jamaica Anti-doping Commission (JADCO) On Mullings: No Comment
- Amazing News! Every Single Athlete To Be Blood Tested At World Championships *BBC Article On Blood Testing - It'll Be Interesting To See Who Now Pulls Out We agree and all pullouts need to be heavily scrutinized. Back in 2000, we determined Regina Jacobs was on drugs when she pulled out.
Caster Semenya Pulls Out Of World University Games With "Niggling Back Injury"
We're not sure if this is a made-up excuse but the world champ should never have been contemplating running the WUG. Ridiculous. Someone please hire her a good manager immediately, as a few weeks ago, a ridiculous press release was issued talking about double world records.
*Cas Loxsom Does 1:14.6 600m To Get Ready For World University Games
Bizarre, Bizarre Links
- 55 Runners Run 5k In Dallas With 109 Temperature At Start Other runners hit the hot pavements and then cool down with beers at the local Tex-Mex joint.
- PA Man Charged With Drunken Jogging We hope that the 24-year-old charged with the crime contacts us, as we think it's ridiculous.
- IAAF Stifling Religion At World Champs? A local pastor thinks so, as the IAAF wanted all four religions to share a room without any religious symbols in it. Instead, he rented a building across the street.
Steve Mullings Tests Positive Yet Again The man whom the Letsrun.com nation got pulled from the 2005 NCAA meet after we started a petition (as we were irate that the NCAA wasn't honoring an IAAF drug suspension) has tested positive for a masking agent. It's big news when the man is ranked
#3 in 100 and #5 in the 200, but will probably become even bigger when it's pointed out his training partner is Tyson Gay. In fairness to Gay, Mullings was busted once before for cheating before training with Gay and Gay has been a part of the voluntary extra stringent USADA drug testing program.
*LRC MB: "Major" Drug Bust From Jamaican Trials
Recommended Read Thanks To A "Crazy" HS Coach, Charles Jock Has Finally Realized He Was Born To Run Despite being the San Diego middle school mile champ, Jock hated running and loved basketball and only agreed to do the long jump, but after fouling on his first three jumps, the coach made him do the 800 instead and the rest is history. *LRC MB Talk on Jock Article
A Highly-Recommended Read Science Of Sport Blog Analyzes Whether The 10,000 Hour Rule Of Deliberate Practice, As Popularized By Malcolm Gladwell, Is True The answer? Nope.
2011 ING New York City News
- Wednesday Was A Big Day For Lauren Fleshman: Lauren Fleshman And Bobby Curtis To Make Marathon Debuts In NY So will Ed Moran and Molly Pritz.
- Brief Chat With Bobby Curtis
- Tired Of Getting Injured Every Winter, Lauren Fleshman Is Looking To Spice Things Up At 2011 ING New York Marathon The woman who always runs just the 5,000 at USAs and never the 10,000 is very smart to do the marathon - or should we say $smart? Seriously, we think it will only help her 5,000. *Viktor Röthlin Will Run New York As Well
- With Insomnia Days Behind Him, Bobby Curtis Looking To Be Cautious & Aggressive In Marathon Debut This Fall
Week That Was
LRC Week That Was We go beyond the great action in London to talk about Mo Farah running in Somalia, Ciaran O'Lionaird talking about what it's like to be going to Worlds but not scoring a point at the NCAA meet (when your team lost by 1 point), bureacracy, and good old fashioned hard work.
American Mainstream Journalists Continue To Blow It
- Uninformed AP Columnist: "No reason 'Blade Runner' shouldn't race at worlds."
- At Least The Aussies Are Getting It Right: The Pistorius problem - how South African blade runner's artificial legs make him 10 seconds quicker
Allen Iverson Agrees ... It's Not About Practice
Weekend Road Action
Triathlon: Lukas Verzbicas Wins US Triathlon Junior Title, Then Crashes On Bike In Team Competition And Needs 13 Stitches
On The Boards: LV in bike wreck
Saturday: Micah Kogo And Aheza Kiros Hammer Fields At 2011 Beach To Beacon 10k Despite feeling tired at the start, the Olympic bronze medallist Kogo soon got going and went through 5k in 13:37 as he won in 27:46. Patrick Smyth (9th 29:28) and Sara Slattery (6th 33:36) were the top Americans, as Deena Kastor was uanble to start as she had the flu. State senator and former US star Louie Luchini was the first Maine finisher in 30:35. *MB: 2011 Beach To Beacon Talk With State Senator *Photos
Providence: Kim Smith Wins Rock N Roll Providence In 1:11:54
Iten, Kenya: Dubai Marathon Champ Diana Chepkemoi And Rotterdam Runner-Up Jonathan Maiyo Win Iten 10k As Dan Komen The Older And Edna Kiplagat Watch
Worth A Read
- A Must-Read It's Been A Glorious Summer For Old-School Ciaran O'Lionaird
- Interesting Read: Mature Beyond Her Years, 17-Year-Old Sprint Phenom Jodie Williams Has Millionaire Sponsor Who Pays Her Coach
- LetsVault.com: Jenn Suhr Had To Take Muscle Relaxers To Survive USATFs, But Now She's Been Diagnosed With Celiac Disease And Vaulting As High As Ever
- Recommended Read
Not A Running Star When In School, Eliud Kipchoge Has Gone On To Be A World Beater The article, which takes you through his entire career, says he couldn't even make the final rounds of Kenya in HS but by age 19 was a world champ thanks to huge desire. People forget he beat El Guerrouj and Bekele in 2004.
- Interesting Read: Having Severed All Ties With Trevor Graham, Justin Gatlin Wonders If Ex-Coach Watches His Race - Answer: Yes The AP caught up with Trevor Graham, who claims Gatlin's current success shows he was clean.
Bureaucrats In The News
- Firing Of Doug Logan Raises USATF's Expenses By 7+ Figures
- Ridiculous: Special Train Will Take IAAF Bigwigs From Hotel To Olympic Stadium
And people are wondering why all the nations of the world are about to default on their debt.
- Auditor Rips Delhi Govt. For Commonwealth Games Waste & Corruption
- And An Ex-Bureaucrat: Jim Ryun Reflects On His Career, Says He Wouldn't Change A Thing As He's Inducted Into Cinci Hall Of Fame
Worth A Read
- FSU's Ciaran O'Lionaird Talks About His 6-Second 3:34 PR The guy was a 10k runner earlier in the year, now he'll be at Worlds in the 1,500.
- Eliud Kipchoge Wanted To Go To College But Didn't Have Cash, So He Became A Pro Runner
- Seb Coe's Great, Great, Great, Great, Great Grandfather Owned Slaves In Jamaica
Assault & Battery-Related News
- French Runners Mehdi Baala And Mahiedine Mekhissi-Benabbad Can Compete At Worlds Yet supposedly they are suspended for 5 months, fined $2,130 and must do 50 hours of community service.
- Sammy Wanjiru's Mom Goes To Court - Case Is Extended To Allow Parties More Time To Reach Out-Of-Court Settlement
McColgan's Amicable Divorce Gets Nasty As She's Charged With "... repeatedly punching husband and throwing his clothes out the window." She was the 1991 world 10,000 champ.
*MB: Liz McColgan Goes BAALA On Her Husband
Berlin Is 7.5 Weeks Away
LRC Paula Radcliffe Healthy And Excited For 2011 BMW Berlin Marathon Friends of LetsRun, Losse Veter, were in Belgium for the new opening of a cool place called Runners Service Lab, and Paula was there too. They talked to Paula about her preparations for Berlin. Paula talks about Berlin, her goals, London 2012, getting it right at the Olympics and even getting older.
The Gouchers In The News
- Adam Goucher Not Done Yet - Hoping To Run Half Marathon This Fall And 2012 Olympic Marathon Trials Anyone who was at the 2000 Trials, where he qualified for the final only on time but made the team, knows not to count him out.
- Kara Goucher Wants To Keep 10,000 Final Honest Since She's Not Doubling
Janeth Jepkosgei In The News
- Thanks To Janeth Jepkosgei, Eunice Sum Is A Sub-2 Runner Gunning For World Champs A few years ago, she was a 2:09 girl with a daughter, but Jepkosgei came by and said it was time to train.
- Janeth Jepkosgei Feels She's In Shape To Reclaim 800 Gold Before She Moves Up To 1,500 "I am ready to bring back what I missed in Berlin two years ago and I believe I am in a very good position to do that at the moment," said Jepkosgei.
World Champs News
- Jeremy Wariner Out Of Worlds A foot injury is keeping him out, although the way he was running, he wasn't likely to medal.
- Wariner's Injury Will Hurt The US 4 X 4's Chances Of Continuing Its Winning Streak Wariner was on the teams that won in 2005, 2007 & 2009.
- Athletics Kenya Makes Some Last Minute Changes To Its Roster Rotterdam Marathon champ Philis Ongori Moraa is injured and will be replaced by Delhi Commonwealth Games champ Irene Jerotich Kosgei in the marathon.
- Even The "Plastic" Brits Still Need That "B" Standard Former Jamaica Julian Reid won the UK Trials LJ and was 2nd in the TJ, but doesn't have the "B" standard in either event, so as of now won't go to Worlds.
Looking Way Ahead Post-Worlds
*Milcah Chemos Going For Steeplechase WR At Final Diamond League Meet In Brussels, Belgium Sept. 16th IAAF It will be Sept. 16th in Brussels, Belgium. Her PR is 9:08.57 and the WR is 8:58.81 set by Gulnara Samitova-Galkina at the 2008 Olympics. Chemos also says that she thinks Kenya can sweep the steeplechase at World Champs.
Our Sport's History Is A Selling Point
- 75 Years Ago: Jesse Owens Made History At Berlin Olympics Article by ESPN's Jeremy Schaap, who has a book on Owens and the 1936 Olympics.
- 57 Years Ago: Roger Bannister Beat John Landy In Mile Of The Century
- 75 Years Ago: LetsRun Legend John Woodruff Won 800m Gold For America
Last Lap Or Full Race Of Manzano's Mile Victory In London (More London Coverage Here, UK Visitors Here)
Lauren Fleshman Runs Away From The Field
NCAA Star Kirani James Gets World Leader In 400 In London (More London Coverage Here)
Paula Speaks On Berlin (Story Here)
Poll: Vote Online For The Bowerman Award As of now, Washington State's Jeshua Anderson is winning for the men and Texas A&M's Jessica Beard for the women.
Train Smarter (More In The Training Forum)
LRC Contest Recap - The Greatness Of You
LRC USA Nationals Contest Recap As usual we had a couple of ringers come out on top in our contest. Our winner is in the elite of the elite of LetsRun.com, as not only has he been to watch the World Championships and Olympic Trials, he has a @runner.org email address, and a real-life wife. Our runner-up was a state champion in high school and has started a post-collegiate group in Utah.
A Must-Watch (We're Not Sure How We Missed This) - Sammy Wanjiru's Mom Theatens Others With A Machete 2 Weeks Ago (More Here)
Train Smarter (More In The Training Forum)
- Lydiard vs magill vs malmo for summer cross country training
- Couple questions about summer training?
- Peter Snell Interview and his thoughts on Lydiard training
- Sprinter to Distance : My quest to run sub 2
Boston *Recap Analysis: *JK On The Wind *Wejo On Desiree *Rojo *London And Boston *Video Highlights
Women's World XC In Photos
Men's World XC In Photos
Train Smarter (More In The Training Forum)
- Wow, Lydiard training seems ridiculously hard
- best marathon improvement after age 40?
- How does "strength" differ from "speed" and "endurance" as a runner?
- "A runner needs a LT run every 2 to 5 days in order to not lose any aerobic ability."
Universal Sports Back To Top