Quote Of The Day
“About 80% of my athletes’ contracts expire December 31 …I’d like to see the whole industry rebound quite a bit over the next few months so when we start to have these discussions, the athletes are in a better negotiating position and the companies will have bigger budgets. We all need to be patient still and see where things pan out and see where things stand in September. Because I don’t think the companies have a clue what their budgets are going to be even a few months from now. …The gross amount of money in the sport today vs. January 2021, we could be looking at a sport-wide reduction of 50%. And it’s going to be at all levels — not just the shoe contracts, but the competitions and the sponsorships of events. You see the Diamond League events trying to survive this year — their sponsorships decreased and their prize money is cut in half.”
– Agent Paul Doyle, whose clients include reigning Olympic champions Christian Taylor and Ryan Crouser, talking about how athletes and the sport as a whole could be in a rough place financially at the start of next year due to the impact of coronavirus.
- Elijah Manangoi provisionally suspended for whereabouts failures
- Gabriela DeBues-Stafford (3:56/14:44) leaves Laura Muir/Andy Young's training group for BTC
- Joshua Cheptegei's solo 3000m TT before Monaco. Is he ready to break Bekele's WR?
- Jim Walmsley going for Kilian Jornet's Hardrock 100 Record, by himself July 22nd
- Yahoo suspends post article comments
- Clemson going online. IT'S ALL OVER.
- Do you prefer to run in the morning or evening during the summer?
- High School XC - states competing this fall?