Quote Of The Day
“I don’t know if I’ve ever met or had the privilege of coaching a more resilient person – she was always the kind that wanted to take on the toughest challenges.”
“Her senior year, the night before the 800m final, I remember going over the game plan: don’t get boxed in, stay out of trouble and sit and kick. But Gabe had a stubbornness that just goes against the grain sometimes. She didn’t listen and got boxed in the first 200 meters, then after a lap she burst to the front and ran away from the field, daring everyone to try out-kick her.”
“She had made up her mind what she was going to do, she was going to be a champion no matter what. And she wasn’t satisfied after winning that title. She wanted to dream bigger and bigger.”
– Jeff Morris, coach at Perham HS, remembering Gabe Grunewald in a Spikes piece where 12 different people shared their memories of Grunewald.
- Why Jim Walmsley will make the olympics for USA
- Enice Kirwa's brother, Felix (2:06:13 pb), banned for using rat poison as ped
- High School Coaches: Do you treat your cross country team as a no-cut sport? Why or why not?
- Brad Hudson has a group in Boulder again!
- British WC marathoner Tish Jones (2:31:00 pb) does up to nearly 250 miles (400km) of training a week.... on a bike
- Where is Ryan Hill? Is he related to Ryan Hall?
- OJ Simpson 25 Yrs Later: Did He Do It?
- Check your scores/change your picks in $200,019 Running Warehouse Prediction contest
- Do NBA players know the games are predetermined or is it just the refs?
- Top 5 MBA, Can't Get A Job