Desi Has A Chance
“I think there is a good buzz around the women’s field this year. It’s definitely a different feeling. I think the last couple of years there was one person that looked unbeatable (drug cheat Rita Jeptoo). We were racing for second. I don’t feel that way this year. It feels wide open. I do think it takes the perfect day, it takes a little bit of luck, it takes a 2:20 woman being a little off of her game, but you see what Meb did last year, and it can happen. I don’t think anyone was counting on me in 2011 to be the person who came so close (to winning). If you are prepared and you put yourself in there and race smart, there is no one in the field that doesn’t have a shot so it’s exciting in that respect.”
– 2011 Boston Marathon runner-up Desi Linden talking about having a chance on Boston on Monday now that drug cheat Rita Jeptoo is no longer in the field.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Jordan Hasay drops out after going out over 3 hour pace
- BAA 5k: Molly Huddle 14:50 and Ben True 13:22 Both Break American 5k Records!
- Duane Solomon 1:15:44 600m at Mt. Sac
- Annie LeBlanc does it again - Takes down Moser in 800 after beating Cain in 1500!! #Beast
- The fastest 1500m of the Weekend? True freshman Justyn Knight 3:39.66 @ Virginia Challenge
- Matthew Maton runs 3:42.54 1500!
- Wariner is BACK, baby!
- How was this marathon winner not DQ'd: RnR Raleigh