Quote Of The Day
“My legacy as a jumper will not be how far I jumped. My legacy will be how far the people I coached jumped. I’m putting that pressure on myself.”
“… The biggest challenge I find is that we’re in a new era of dealing with young people that spend a lot of time in their lives in the mirror. That’s what social media does to them. It allows them to create their own reality. But the bottom line is that track and field is not a text message. You have to get in and do it. … So convincing them to put their text away (is key), and get out of the mirror unless you’re challenging that person in the mirror, and go out and be the best that you can be. You can’t just make it up.”
– Carl Lewis talking in an article about his first year as a full-time track coach at the University of Houston (he was a volunteer last year).
- USATF Board overturns 392-70 vote, will instead nominate Stephanie Hightower for IAAF Council
- If this message board was someone's only source of knowledge and advice....
- McFarland HS set-up to fail, misses State meet for first time in 24 years
- cannot run mile in less than 6 minutes
- 16 year old aussie runs WA 10.12, 4 guys run 10.44 or under
- D2 nationals.....race length shortened due to horrible course conditions