New York *Men's Results *Women's Results *LRC Photo Gallery
Men: LRC Ten Takeaways About The 2013 ING New York City Marathon Men's Race And Geoffrey Mutai We start by asking
just how good was Mutai before telling you about the happiest second place finisher ever, tell you that Ryan Vail has a lot to be proud of, Meb Keflezighi impressed us immensely even though he finished
20th 23rd, who had the biggest breakthrough, and a reminder to Stanely Biwott that the marathon is more than 26 miles, not 23.
*LRC Meb Keflezighi on Finishing: "I'm doing (it) for Boston and for what happened and I'm doing it for America." Text/video.
Race Recap: Man Among Boys, Geoffrey Mutai Wins NYC Marathon RRW Geoffrey Mutai pulled way from Stanley Biwott in the 23rd mile and then cruised to an impressive victory. Tsegaye Kebede was second and picked up the $500,000 WMM crown. Ryan Vail was the top American. *Results *LRC Photo Gallery
NYC On The Boards:
- Official 2013 ING New York City Marathon Live Discussion Thread
- PRISCAH JEPTOO --- GOAT!!!
- TRACKING PAMELA ANDERSON!
- 6 American men finish before Jeptoo @NYCM
- Ryan Hall made the right decision to DNS
- Stephen Kiprotich is a fluke, he cannot run with the big boys
- The Current State of U.S. Marathoning
- Official John Kellogg Is a Lucky Guesser Thread (He Predicted Over 2:10 at New York)
Non-LRC NYC Coverage
- Emotional Post-Race Interview With Meb Who Talks About Finishing The Race Holding Hands With Trials Qualifier And Staten Island Native Michael Cassidy
- Celebrity Results From NYC: Former "Bachelor" Andy Baldwin (3:17) And Former Olympic Champion Swimmer Summer Sanders (3:24) Led The Way Pamela Anderson ran 5:41.
- JapanRunningNews Recap Of Japanese Performances From NYC: Masato Imai Was 6th, Yuki Kawauchi 11th Imai ran a good race running with the lead pack, fading, and then coming back to finish 6th. Kawauchi said, "The atmosphere was amazing too. The screaming crowds put Tokyo to shame."
- South Africa's Lusapho April Runs Solid Race To Finish 3rd At NYC In 2:09:45
- NYC The Israel Of Marathon Security? NY Times: Mixed Feelings From Runners On Extra Security Measures At NYC One runner said for them, "It wasn't a bother at all. But that's only because I'm from Israel."
- NY Times Men's Recap: Mutai Bides His Time For A Repeat Victory
- NY Times Women's Recap: Jeptoo Wins In A Sprint From Behind
- IAAF Recap
- Tatyana McFadden Completes Wheelchair Marathon Grand Slam Winning NYC, Chicago, London And Boston In A Single Year
Race On LIVE ESPN2 Now! TV/Viewing Info
MB: Official 2013 ING New York City Marathon Live Discussion Thread
LRC Predictions: You Heard It Here First, NYC Will Be Slow LRC coaching genius, John Kellogg, who predicted the 2:03 in Boston in 2011, has seen the forecast for NY and says the winning time could be over 2:10. We still expect the favorites Geoffrey Mutai and Priscah Jeptoo to triumph.
More: *NY Times Article On Yuki Kawauchi: "Japanese Civil Servant Runs Marathon for Fun, Not Profit"
*NY Times NYC Marathon Live Blog
*Full List Of Past NYC Marathon Winners By Year With Winning Time
Previous NYC News
Friday: LRC On Comeback From Soleus Tear, American Meb Keflezighi Hoping To Defy Doubters Yet Again Meb revealed today he partially tore his soleus in early
He nearly pulled out, but America's best hope has really had things turn around the last few weeks and will go into NY not tapered as he's been playing
*Meb: "I'm going to play year to year but this is not going to be my last marathon. If I can run within my PR, why stop?"
LRC Teammates Alisha Williams And Mattie Suver Hoping For Low 2:30s The Scott Simmons-coached athletes think they are ready.
LRC American Ryan Vail Ready To Take Next Step Forwards After Six Weeks Over 140 MPW On Average The former Okla. State Cowboy also talks NCAA XC action, giving props to the CU Buffs and NAU Lumberjacks.
LRC Edna Kiplagat And Priscah Jeptoo Are Both Ready To Battle For $600,000 Two-time World Champion Edna Kiplagat and Virgin London Marathon Champ Priscah Jeptoo are the favorites for the 2013 ING NYC Marathon and both said Friday they are ready for their $500,000 battle on Sunday.
LRC Training Partners Kim Smith And Amy Hastings Talk Confidently - Smith Says Hastings Is At New Level In 2013 Amy Hastings has upped her training and can hang with training partner Kim Smith now. Both hope that means for a strong result on Sunday.
LRC Catching Up With Europe's Leading Women Entrants: Lisa Stublic Of Croatia, Sabrina Mockenhaupt Of Germany And Portugal's Ana Dulce Félix Mockenhaupt is thrilled to be in NY as she loves Americans, whom she calls "crazy" but in a great way; Dulce Félix reveals she's trying to overcome the sudden death of her father, and Stublic hopes she can PR yet again.
NYRR Dash To The Finish Line Video Interviews: *LRC Evan Jager Talks about his 2013 season and 2014.
*LRC Chris Derrick Reflects On His 2013 Track And Cross-Country Season Derrick looks back at 2013, looks ahead to 2014 (sub-13:00 and sub-27:00 are on the horizon), and talks about German Fernandez, Alan Webb and you LRC message boarders.
*LRC Nick Willis Talks about World Speed Golf, running the 5k at Commonwealths and a marathon debut? *LRC Ben True On His 2013 "Almost Year" Before 2013 NYRR Dash To The Finish Line
*LRC Lisa Uhl Talks about her move to Iowa being the right choice despite a subpar 2012 and her marathon debut. *LRC Sara Hall Talks about a possible marathon debut, Ryan Hall and more.
Non-LRC NYC Coverage
- Recommended Read: NYRR Piece On Kenya's 1:01 Half Marathoner Julius Arile, Who Has Come A Long Way Since He First Went Across The Uganda Border With An AK-47 To Steal Cows When He Was 14 Arile spent his whole life living on the violent Kenya-Uganda border where both sides consistently went across the border to steal from and kill each other. One day his friend died standing right next to him and Arile changed his life and has helped bring peace to his region.
- Jason Hartmann Ahead Of His NYC Debut: "I've trained really well and I have no regrets with the things I've done. We'll see on Sunday if I did the right things. The element you can't control is the day." Talking about his eventual retirement, he said, "My thought process is on November 3, and we'll see what happens from there. As nerdy as it is, you know, in Forrest Gump when he's running and then decides he doesn't want to do it any more, I could see that happening to me."
- RRW: One Year Later, Keflezighi, Vail & Hartmann Reflect On Cancelled NYC Marathon
- Nick Willis Back In New York City For Double-Duty Weekend
- Reuters: NYC Marathon To Be Run Under Massive Security Measures
- AP: NYPD Says Marathon Will Be Well Protected
- RRW Preview: Geoffrey Mutai Seeks Second Straight NYC Marathon Title & Maybe Faster Time
- RRW: Confident Edna Kiplagat Seeks Second NYC Marathon Crown
- IAAF NYC Preview: Returning Champs Geoffrey Mutai And Firehiwot Dado Take On Stephen Kiprotich And Edna Kiplagat
Previous Non-LRC NYC Coverage
- NYRR NYC Marathon / 5k Dash To The Finish Line News And Notes Some pretty interesting tidbits on Ben True and his girlfriend Sarah Groff, who is an elite triathlete who finished 4th at the London Olympics.
- Frank Shorter, Bill Rodgers, Joan Benoit Samuelson And The Late Ted Corbitt Inducted Into NYRR Half Of Fame Shorter, Rodgers and Samuelson talk about how running has changed since their time. A funny story includes Rodgers cutting away the part of his bib that had bank Manufacturers Hanover written on it because the bank had denied him a loan. Imagine if an elite did that today?
- Olympic 10,000 Silver Medalist Sally Kipyego Makes Comeback From 14-Month Layoff At NYRR Dash To The Finish Line 5K She broke her heel twice and after the second time she forgot about running and said, "I felt like I had to emotionally let it go. ... I had to let my body go physically and I had to let my mind go and just shut it down and break the cycle. I did that and I came back and felt like a new person."
- IAAF: Supermum Valeria Straneo Finally Gets To Realize Her New York Dream The 37-year-old Worlds silver medalist is the mother of 2 and says, "Many things have changed over the past two years but it still makes me smile when my children ask me, 'Mom, are you famous?'"
- AFP: A Year On From Superstorm Sandy, NYC Marathon Returns
Other Road / Track News
- SA's Stephen Mokoka Hoping To Break The Trend Of East African Dominance At The World Half Marathon Champs In Copenhagen In March Good IAAF profile on Mokoka, who talks about his struggle to find and event he was good at as he first tried (and failed) at the 1,500, 5,000 and steeplechase.
- Next Weekend: Raymond Bett Returns To Athens Classic Marathon With Course Record As Target Bett returns to defend his title from 2012 and hopes to break the 2:10:55 CR held by Italy's 2004 Olympic marathon champ Stefano Baldini. Bett faces 2:06 runner Mariko Kipchumba and 2:08 runner Bellor Yator. The women's field is led by 2:28 Ethiopian Gishu Mindaye Tilahun.
- US Army Captain Kelly Calway Named USATF Athlete Of The Week For Winning The Marine Corps Marathon In 2:42
- Jessica Ennis Hoping To Regain Her World Indoor Pentathlon Title, Which She Won Back In 2010 She's in luck as the woman who beat her in 2012, Natalia Dobrynska, just retired.
- ESPN's John Anderson Will Host Bowerman Trophy Award Ceremony In December
- NYC Conspiracy? Husband Of 1989 NYC Champ Ingrid Kristiansen Accuses Organizers Of Not Inviting Her To Ensure Grete Waitz's Continued Success Waitz, who died in 2011, captured a record nine marathon titles, from 1978 through 1988, until Kristiansen's win in 1989. NYC organizers deny that there was ever any kind of plot.
- Interesting: Former All-American And Hansons Runner Jeff Gaudette Shares Some "Lessons Learned From Ryan Hall's NYC Marathon Withdrawal" Gaudette talks about the mistakes he feels Hall has made in training that has gotten him injured and how you can apply the lessons to your own training.
- Italy's World Championships Silver Medalist Valeria Straneo Hasn't Let Her Newfound Fame Distract Her As She Shoots For A Podium Finish At NYC She says she's actually received a ton of publicity in Italy since winning the silver in Moscow and has actually had to start turning things down because it would interfere with her training. She says if she finished top 3 at NYC, "Oh my gosh, it would be on par with finishing on the podium at the Olympics or the World Championships. The start list is as strong as a big championship."
- NYRR Dash To The Finish Line Is Saturday: Emily Infeld Racing NYRR Dash To The Finish Line 5k, Coming Off A Good Fall On The Roads Her father is running the marathon on Sunday.
- XC Season Starts Saturday In Kenya: Nairobi Will Host First Meet In 2013 KCB/AK XC Series
- Team Daihatsu Sets West Japan Corporate Women's Ekiden Course Record
- Ritsumeikan University Takes Eighth National University Women's Ekiden Title
- 2013 New York City Marathon To Be Broadcast Live On National TV For First Time In 20 Years
- Recommended Read: NY Times Feature On NY's West Side Runners: Marathon As Melting Pot - Striving Immigrants Find Long Distance Running Far From Lonely In NYC Feeling proud of yourself for doubling? Did you do your first run at 4:30am before working all day as a plumber?
*MB: Great New York Times article on New York's West Side Runners - The Ultimate Blue Collar Runners
- Cloud259 NYC Marathon Podcast Preview: Pro Athlete Manager Sam Grotewold Talks About Elites Riding In The Lead Car This year, Kim Conley, Neely Spence and Sam Chelanga will be in the lead vehicle, but Grotewold also talks about when Bernard Lagat rode in it back in 2008 (discussion begins at the 18:55 into podcast).
- NYC Marathon Charity Entrants Down By 3,000 Race attributes the drop to lingering effect of Superstorm Sandy.
- AP: NYC Marathon Goes On After Last Year's Cancellation And Boston Marathon Attacks
- RIP Australian Distance Legend Albert "Albie" Thomas Thomas dedicated his life to running as he set multiple WRs and competed at 3 Olympic Games and then became a coach and won World Masters titles after he "retired." He had a big breakthrough in 1954 when he unexpectedly made the Olympic team after he had already purchased tickets a year before for him and his girlfriend to go watch.
- IAAF Q&A With World High Jump Champion Bohdan Bondarenko On What He Does In Training And Outside Life He says one of his favorite training sessions is actually to just play volleyball. Makes sense for a high jumper.
- 2008 Olympic Heptathlon Champion Natallia Dobrynska Announces Her Retirement "It's always difficult for athletes to retire. You always think that you could do more."
NYC Women *Men's Results *Women's Results *LRC Photo Gallery
Women: LRC 6 Takeaways From The Fascinating Women's Race Big props to runner-up Buzunesh Deba, an awful day for the Americans and - most importantly - did a mysterious man on a bicycle
save the day for Priscah Jeptoo, who is the greatest women's distance runner in the world right now?
Race Recap Priscah Jeptoo Comes From Behind For $625,000 Victory RRW 14 miles into the race, Priscah Jeptoo was 3:24 behind 2011 runner-up Buzunesh Deba. Jeptoo had to catch her if she wanted to win $600,000. She did it in impressive fashion as Deba held on for second. Top results. Adriana Nelson was the top American. *Results
*LRC Photo Gallery link fixed
NYRR Dash To The Finish Line 5k *Women's Results/Finish/Post-Race Video *Men's Results/Finish/Post-Race Video LRC Photo Gallery
LRC Nick Willis Over Sam Chelanga, Aaron Braun link fixed
Nick Willis showed he's pretty good at 5k with a big kick the final 800m to get the win over Ben True's new training partner Sam Chelanga and Aaron Braun. Recap, results, post-race video.
LRC Chris Solinsky's Still Got the Fire After His 14th Place Finish: "It's Embarrassing", "It Was Really Bad", "A Shit Performance" Video and text.
LRC Molly Huddle Over Emily Infeld & Shalane Flanagan updated Molly Huddle got the best of Jerry Shumacher-coached athletes Emily Infeld and Shalane Flanagan as she won in course record time. Recap, results, post-race video.
LRC Photo Gallery
Other Weekend Results
- James Kwambai Runs 2:06:25 To Win The Joongang Seoul Marathon For 3rd Year Straight Park Ho-Sun won the women's race in 2:31.
- "Little-Known" Silas Kimutai And 2006 World Junior 5K Silver Medalist Marcy Wacera Win Races At Opening Leg Of KCB/Athletics Kenya Cross-Country Series In Nairobi
- Komazawa University Wins Third-Straight National University Men's Ekiden Title
- Fukuoka Team Takes Second-Straight Grand Tour Kyushu Ekiden Title To Bring Its 62-Year History To A Close
More Friday NYC
LRC Geoffrey Mutai Has Answers For All Of You Who Say You Can't Run A 2:03 Marathon Clean LRC asked Geoffrey what he would tell people who say it's not possible to run 2:03 clean. He had a good answer. Video and text.
LRC Ageless Veteran Martin Lel Is Back In New York 10 Years After His First NY Victory Lel's body of work in the early part of the decade was amazing. He's still hoping to win on Sunday in his second race of the year.
*NYRR: Healthy Martin Lel Hopes To Recapture Youth In NYC; Says He "Can't Predict Anymore" If He Can Win
LRC Yuki Kawauchi, The Citizen Runner, Invades The 2013 New York City Marathon: Five Takeaways This is the 9th of 11 marathons for Yuki in 2013 and we no longer think his racing is quite as crazy as we once did.
*Brett Larner's Japanese NYC Preview Kawauchi says he wants to beat Meb.
Day 2 Media Day
LRC Tsegaye Kebede is Confident: "I think the money is mine. Nobody will take it." We really enjoyed talking to Kebede, one of the most consistent marathoners in history, who was full
and confident he'll win the
$500,000 jackpot on Sunday.
LRC: Stephen Kiprotich: "I Can't Run 2:03" - Kiprotich Video Before 2013 ING New York City Marathon Plus he reveals he didn't want to initially run the World Champs, but the Ugandan federation encouraged him and he walked away with Gold.
*Stephen Kiprotich Happy To Have Uganda Training Partner Jackson Kiprop In NYC With HIm Kiprop ran with Kiprotich for a while in Moscow before fading to 10th place.
RRW: Stephen Kiprotich, Tsegaye Kebede Ready To Duel For World Marathon Majors Title
LRC Wesley Korir: Marathon Champion, Member Of Parliament, Humanitarian Korir's learned a lot from the US and has taken it back home to Kenya, where he wants to try to stop the corruption and fat cats. Also, read this if you want to run just 40 mpw and get 5th at the Boston marathon.
*USA Today: Wesley Korir Mixes Running And Politics To Work Against Terrorism
Thursday Video: LRC Stephen Kiprotich The Olympic champ didn't want to run Worlds but the federation urged him to. He left with a gold medal.
*LRC Wesley Korir The Kenyan member of Parliament gets paid $10k a month to be in Parliament. More coming from Wesley and Stephen. *LRC Tsegaye Kebede
Non-NYC / Non - Conference News
- Ashton Eaton Plans On Defending His World Indoor Heptathlon Title It will be Eaton's only combined events competition of the year as he focuses on individual events such as trying to do 400 hurdles.
- Today (Sunday): JumpingTheGun Interviews Ireland's Double European Cross-Country Champion Fionnuala Britton Ahead Of Lotto Cross Cup In Antwerp, Belgium
- IAAF Complete Second Site Visit For The 2014 World Relays In The Bahamas
- AW Recap English XC Relays
Pre-Meet News: NCAA XC Conference Action *All Results Here
- LRC National And Conference Fan Polls: Oklahoma State And Arizona #1 The votes are in and we've got your national polls and predictions for each of the major XC conferences before this weekend's conference action.
*LRC PAC-12 Men's Preview New from Scott Bush.
*LRC PAC-12 Women's XC Championships: #1 Arizona Is The Class Of Six Ranked Teams
*PAC-12 Meet Home *PAC-12 XC Site
*Broadcast Info (Tape Delay Nov. 4th PAC-12 Network)
*USTFCCCA Preview Of Weekend Conference Action: ACC, PAC-12, Big 10, Big 12, Heps, Big East And More
- ACC (Fri.): *Results
On the men's side, #14 Syracuse faces #18 North Carolina and #23 Notre Dame, while for the women, #5 FSU up against #10 Virginia, #19 Syracuse and #22 Notre Dame.
- Mountain West (Fri.): *2013 Mountain West Cross-Country Results - New Mexico Men And Women Are Favorites
- Heps (Sat.): *LRC 2013 Ivy League Men's Cross-Country Preview: Will Columbia Hold Off Princeton, Which Is Looking For Its Fourth Straight Title?
*LRC 2013 Ivy League Women's Cross-Country Preview: Can Dartmouth And D'Agostino Stop Cornell From Three-Peating?
*Columbia Men Look To Make Statement At Ivy League Champs They'll face Princeton and a decent Harvard team.
*Excellent Coverage From HepsTrack.com *Ivy Website
- Big 10 (Sun.): *Wisconsin Coach Mick Byrne Previews Big 10 XC Championships #7-ranked Wisconsin men will try to win their 15th straight title. #6 Michigan State faces defending champs #14 Michigan as well as #15 Minnesota.
*Big 10 Meet Home (Excellent Page Hosted By Purdue)
*Results *Tape Delay Broadcast Nov. 14th On Big 10 Network
- Big 12 (Sat.): Oklahoma State Men Aim For Big 12 Title #6 In A Row
*Meet Home *Timing Site
- West Coast (Sat.): *Live Stream @ 11:50AM ET Saturday *Live Results
*West Coast Conference Champs Meet Home: #5 BYU VS #6 Portland Men #17 San Francisco leads the women.
- Big East (Sat.): Big East Preview / Meet Home: #3 Georgetown And #4 Providence Do Battle On The Women's Side Providence vs. Villanova on the men's side.
- SEC (Sat.): Arkansas Looking For An SEC Sweep *Meet Home
Day 1 Media Day
Day 1 Media Day:
LRC Discount Firehiwot Dado And Buzunesh Deba At Your Own Peril; The Two Ethiopians Say They've Been Training Better Than Ever LRC totally discounted Firehiwot Dado and Buzunesh Deba two years ago at the ING NYC Marathon. (Full disclosure: We even thought Dado's name was Dado Firehiwot). We're not going to do it this year. The two Ethiopians are primed and ready for NYC 2013.
*RRW: Close Friends Dado, Deba Happy To Be Back In New York City The 1 and 2 from 2011 are back in NYC again.
LRC Former Hobby Jogger, Now Pro, Yolanda Caballero's Still Inspired By Her Husband 21 Months After His Death; Words Of Wisdom From Super Master Chema Martinez Yolanda Caballero was a hobby jogger and then her now-deceased husband made her world class. At 42, Spain's Jose Manual "Chema" Martinez wants to be a factor in NYC.
More From Wednesday: After World Championships Silver, Valerie Straneo Ready For More In NYC The 37-year-old Straneo made a name for herself with her silver medal at the recent World Champs.
*2013 ING NYC Marathon Honors Boston Marathon With Yellow Line To Finish
- RW Asks "Who's The Better Marathoner, Ryan Hall Or Meb Keflezighi?" Past US greats Greg Meyer, Don Kardong and Amby Burfoot share their thoughts. Obviously Hall has run faster, but Meb has had more big race success with an Olympic silver and winning NYC in 2009. Looking at NYC this year, Meb's coach Bob Larsen says, "There's no way he should be ready, but he's done so much cross training when he couldn't run at all that he's going to give it a shot."
- World And Olympic Champ Stephen Kiprotich Confident Ahead Of NYC Marathon "They are experienced but the days for experience are long gone. It now revolves on how much hard work you put in training. I can ably say that I am ready to take them on."
- Delilah DiCrescenzo Feels Right At Home Entering NYC Marathon The steepler and Columbia University alum will run on familiar ground when she makes her debut at NYC. She's hoping to run 2:37 (6-minute pace).
Doping News: Another Argument For Lifetime Bans
- +1 For Lifetime Bans: New Research Suggests Athletes Who Use Steroids For A Short Period Can Benefit Even 10 Years Later Researchers tested on mice and found they had huge strength gains long after stopping the steroid treatment. University of Oslo professor Kristian Gundersen said, "In science if you cheat, you are out for life, and my personal view is that it should be similar for athletes."
- Kenya: Kenyan Doping Issue Coming Under Scrutiny And Could Be Investigated Or Ruled Non-Compliant By WADA
It's been over a year and the special committee set up by Kenya's sports bodies to look into Kenyan doping hasn't even met once. Meanwhile,
WADA has set a deadline of November for a report on their progress. Article also mentions that plans to build a blood testing lab in Eldoret
have been scrapped.
*Kenyan Commissioner For Sports Says They Are Taking Doping Allegations Very Seriously He claimed an inquiry into the country's doping scandals was only awaiting legal authority by the government before starting. Apparently it takes over a year for the government to approve something in Kenya.
*The Guardian Lists The 17 Kenyan Distance Runners Currently Serving Drug Suspensions Highlighting the list is Matthew Kisorio, who infamously said he doped, "because everyone told me, I wasn't the only one - and none of the others got caught for doping."
- Jamaica: Jamaican Sports Minister Says They Are Determined To Improve Their Anti-Doping Program After 2-Day WADA Inspection Natalie Neita-Headley said that the WADA visit was "constructive" and that the government awaits their report.
*Results From WADA's Audit Of JADCO Will Be Revealed Mid-November At The Earliest The three WADA officials left Jamaica yesterday.
*Video: World Anti-Doping Agency Delegation Arrives In Jamaica
Conference XC Action *Results Central
- Big 10: *Men's Results
*Indiana University Wins Big 10 XC Title To End Wisconsin's 14-Year Streak The top 3 teams were relatively close with Michigan 2nd and Wisco 3rd.
*Michigan State Women Win 3rd Big 10 Title In 4 Years Rival Michigan was a close 2nd with Minnesota 3rd.
*Wisco Freshman Malachy Schrobilgen Gets Big 10 Individual Title On losing "the streak" Coach Mick Byrne said, "The message is that this is just one race. We still have two races to run and we can either hang our hats up or we can come out fighting."
*Michigan's Erin Finn Wins Big 10 Individual Title To Lead Team To 2nd Place Finish
- PAC-12: *Men's Results *Women's Results
*Colorado Men Are Back-To-Back PAC-12 Champs
*University Of Arizona Wins PAC-12 Title With Close Win Over Colorado
*Edward Cheserek Wins PAC-12 Title, Leading Oregon Men To 2nd Place Team Finish
*Stanford's Aisling Cuffe Takes PAC-12 Individual Title Stanford women finished 5th as a team.
- Heps: *Men Results *Women Results
*Columbia Men And Dartmouth Women Wins Heps Team Titles Abbey D'Agostino dominated on the women's side while Harvard's Maksim Korolev won handily for the men.
- Big 12: *Men Results *Women Reults
*Oklahoma State Men Get Their 6th Straight Big 12 Title
*Iowa State Women 3-Peat At Big 12 (W/ Video)
*Texas Tech's Kennedy Kithuka Repeats As Big 12 Individual Champ
*Marielle Hall Is Texas' First Big 12 Individual Champ Ever
- Big East: *Men Results *Women Results
*Freshman Patrick Tiernan Leads Villanova Men To Big East Title Providence was 2nd.
*Emily Sisson Claims Big East Title To Lead Women's Cross-Country To Its Sixth Conference Crown Georgetown was 2nd.
- SEC: SEC Men Arkansas Goes 1-2-3 with Kemoy Campbell winning by 42 seconds! *Women (Arkansas 1-2-3)
- ACC: *Syracuse Wins ACC XC Champs
*FSU Wins 6th Straight Women's Title
*Results On the men's side, #14 Syracuse faced #18 North Carolina and #23 Notre Dame, while for the women, #5 FSU was up against #10 Virginia, #19 Syracuse and #22 Notre Dame.
- Mountain West: *2013 Mountain West Cross-Country Results - New Mexico Wins Both As Isiah Bragg And Emma Bates Win Ind. Titles
Friday's New York City Marathon On The Run Video Show (Meb, Mutai, Alisha Williams, Jason Hartmann, David Epstein, Wejo). More Episodes Here.
Don't Think You Can Run 2:03 Clean? Geoffrey Mutai Wants To Talk To You (More Here).
Episode #2 On The Run With Frank Shorter, Bill Rodgers, Joan Benoit, Stephen Kiprotich, More (Larger Here). Each Night At 8pm Eastern Here.
Non-NYC / Non-Conference News
- MileSplit HS XC Action: Big State Meet Championship Weekend
- Weldon Kirui Will Try To Defend His Title At The KASS International Marathon Next Month He said he is ready to break the jinx where champions have failed to defend their titles.
- Berlin Set To Be Officially Awarded 2018 European Athletics Championships
Previous Non-NYC / Non-Conference News
- SA's 2008 Olympic LJ Silver Medalist Khotso Mokoena Knows That He Is Getting Older And Is Looking At 2016 As His Last Year To Be On Top He will be 31 in 2016 and says, "Age is a big challenge as an athlete. ... I am aware that soon after 2016 the young guys will rip me apart, and I embrace the competition and accept that it's part of the sport. It has to happen. It's nature, there is nothing I can do about it."
- AK President Isaiah Kiplagat Warns That Coaches And Agents Found Encouraging Doping In Kenya Will Be Jailed Besides Being Banned
- 3 Elite Ethiopians To Compete At ABC Bank Baringo Half Marathon In Kenya On Sunday Rarely do Ethiopian runners compete in Kenya, and according to this article, these 3 will be the first since the African Champs at the Nyayo National Stadium, in Nairobi, in 2010.
- BBC: Jessica Ennis Back In Training From Injury That Kept Her Out Of Worlds Includes video interview.
- JapanRunning News Preview Of Sunday's National University Men's Ekiden Championships: Komazawa University The Favorite
- AW Preview Of This Weekend's Saucony English Cross-Country Relays
Random Stuff: Harry Potter Is Seb Coe
- Harry Potter Actor Daniel Radcliffe Will Play Seb Coe In New Film "Gold" The film will focus on Coe's and Steve Ovett's
up to the 1980 Moscow Olympics.
- Ironic: Sochi Winter Olympics 2014 Volunteers And Staff Will Wear Rainbow Uniforms
- The Telegraph: Rising Concerns Over 2014 Sochi Winter Games With 100 Days To Go There is controversy with workers going unpaid for months and illegal laborers being brought into Russia.
- New UCI President Brian Cookson To Earn £76k Less Than Pat McQuaid Cookson decided to reveal his salary, something McQuaid never did during his 8 years in office.
LRC Week That Was 10/29/13 - Walking On At Wisconsin, Marathon Abstinence, And Wilson Kipsang's World Record Is Broken? (link fixed) This week, we give out free coaching advice to Alberto Salazar and Shannon Rowbury, introduce you to a true hero for walk-ons at Wisconsin, and talk about marathon abstinence and teetotalers at Rio 2016. Plus running in the Serengeti, bad running journalism and Wilson Kipsang's world record is broken?
Sunday: Inaugural EQT Pittsburgh 10 Miler Attracts Strong American Field Men's field is led by Americans Brent Vaughn, Andrew Carlson, Jon Grey and Fernando Cabada, who face Kenyan Julius Kogo and Scottish runner Andrew Lemoncello. The women are led by Ethiopia's Askale Merachi.
Top International Updates
- Hicham El Guerrouj Calls On IAAF To Bolster Public Interest In Mid-D Running, Which He Says Has Been Overshadowed By Usain Bolt El G: "Usain Bolt is doing a great job for track and field, but he's casting a shadow over other races, which is very hard for those athletes ..."
- Caster Semenya Still Motivated? Says She Wants To Break The WR Her PR is 1:55:45 and the WR was set at 1:53.28 over 30 years ago by Czech athlete Jarmila Kratochvilova. She said she's healthy and focused on the Commonwealth Games, where she might consider doubling the 800 with either the 400 or 1,500.
- After His 2:06 Debut At Frankfurt (15th All-Time Fastest Debut) 37-Year-Old Mark Kiptoo Is Hoping To Be Selected For Kenya's World Half Champs Squad The World Half Marathon Championships are in Copenhagen in March.
- Former WADA Head Dick Pound Says The Problem With The Anti-Doping Fight Is There Is "No Incentive Out There To Catch Anyone" Pound: "It makes sports leaders look bad, and it makes national leaders look bad."