Today's Stockholm Meet *Results
LRC Galen Rupp 7:30.16 American Record! Aregawi Just Misses 1,500m World Record Galen Rupp's tremendous 2013 continued with his finest performance yet. Not only did he get the American record, but perhaps most importantly he got his first European win of note. The other big news was new Swedish citizen, Abeba Aregawi, just missing the world record by .12 in the women's 1,500m.
other action, Genzebe Dibaba blitzed an 8:26.57, Mohammed Aman ran a world leader in the 800m,
and Matt Centrowitz came up well short of the American 1,000m record. Flash recap.
*IAAF Recap: Olympic Silver Medallist Yarisley Silva Breaks Her Own Cuban Record And Sets World Lead In PV With 4.71m Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce set a PR in her 2nd-ever 60m to win with 7.04.
*Pre-Race Interview With Rupp
On The Boards: *Rupp 7:30.18!!! *GALEN RUPP NEW 3000 AR 7:30.18 *STOCKHOLM MEET updates! *Galen Rupp Will NOT Break U.S. 3000m Record In Stockholm
Conference Mania Starts Today *USTFCCCA Conference Champs Central *Broadcast Schedule/Links
- LRC 2013 ACC, Big 10, Big 12, PAC-12/MPSF, SEC & Heps Men's Conference Previews Isaac Wood previews the men's mid-d and distance action for the five
conferences - ACC, Big 10, Big 12, PAC-12/MPSF, SEC - plus the Heps.
*USTFCCCA Weekend Preview
*MB: Previews Are Now Live - Discuss the previews here
*MB: How about some praise for the fact that Oklahoma State has 5 guys who have gone sub-4 in the mile this year?
- SEC Champs Start Friday: *Meet Preview *Meet Site/Schedule *Live Results *Entries *Watch Live
For Free On ESPN3 or arkansasrazorbacks.com
- Big 10 Friday/Saturday: *Meet Preview *Meet Home *Schedule *Live Results/Start Lists *Live Twitter Coverage
*Why Is The Big Ten Meet In Geneva, Ohio When There Are No Big Ten Schools In Geneva, Ohio? The quick answer is no one wanted to/could host and the new Spire Institute Facility is in Geneva.
- Big 12: Big 12 Champs Postponed Due To Severe Winter Storm It will now be a Saturday/Sunday meet instead of Friday/Saturday.
*Meet Home/Schedule *Live Results
- MPSF Champs Start Friday: *Meet Home *Schedule *Heat Sheets *Live Results
- Heps (Ivy League Champs) Saturday/Sunday: *Meet Home *Previews And Always Excellent Coverage From HepsTrack.com *Schedule *Live Results
Other College-Related News
- One We May Have Missed: Womens 3,000 At Last Weekend's Big East Champs Was Called Back After They Were 1,000m In Because Of Incorrect Waterfall Start
- The Register Guard: "TrackTown Guru Is Crazy Like A Fox: Vin Lananna's Dare-To-Dream-Bigger Tour Continues Unabated" Vin: "I do believe that as crazy, as daunting, as audacious, and really, almost as ridiculous as the World Championship idea is, I don't know what big things happen without being crazy."
- RunningTimes Interview With Chris O'Hare On taking the lead: "I got passed pretty much straight away again, but that's okay and I'd be pretty mad at myself if I hadn't tried to win it."
- Edward Cheserek Highlights Group Of 14 New Incoming Track And Field Recruits For Oregon
Chicago Mayor Says They Definitely Won't Bid To Host 2024 Olympics After They Went Out In The First Round When They Made A Bid For 2016 However, other cities such as Miami have expressed potential interest in bidding.
- Aries Merritt Signs With Nike He was previously with Reebok.
- Asics Extends Sponsorship Of Ryan Hall
- adidas Haile Gebrselassie Video Talking About His Start And Running And With adidas Shoes
US Distance News
- Bernard Lagat's Agent Says He Wants Under 61 Minutes At NYC Half; Mileage Has Gone Up From 65 To Hitting 80 Lagat: "The way I can handle the longer stuff now in training, it feels like I made the right decision. When you think about it, I've been holding back for a long time, so I am basically getting to where I should have been maybe in real life four years ago."
- RR: Being Snubbed By UK Olympic Selection Committee Motivated Chris O'Hare To Set The Collegiate Mile Record At Millrose "That's what makes athletes, their disappointments and their lack of success at some point. That's what drives every athlete to their success."
- Profile On Recent 600m AR Setter, Who Works 30 Hours A Week At A Shoe Store & Only Got Into Millrose After Kevin Borlee Pulled Out Last Minute "I had the opportunity at the Millrose Games, I just needed to put all the pieces together. I love the sport, I love to compete. When you've had success and you still know there's more in the tank, it's hard to step away."
- Toledo Track Captains Comment On Coach Kevin Hadsell's Resignation And News Reports They said they never witnessed Hadsell drive drunk or give alcohol for minors on the team.
- Interesting: Former Oregon AD Rick Bay Publishes His Memoirs Mentioning Altercations With Bill Bowerman, Bill Dellinger And Nike Co-Founder Phil Knight He writes of an angry phone conversation with Knight who he said couldn't give the team free gear because it was an NCAA violation.
- Alysia Montaño Named USATF Athlete Of The Week After Breaking The 600m AR At The Millrose Games "We were waiting to start as Bernard was taking his victory lap. I decided I would run over to Bernard and give him a hug so his American record could rub off on me."
- Run To Win America 5-K Series Will Pit The 50 States Against Each Other To See Which Is The Fastest All 50 states will hold a race between March 23 and June 1 and the best average finishing time of the top 100 finishers wins.
- Raleigh, NC Puts A Cap On Number Of Local Road Races With Only 100 Street Closures Per Year
News From Kenya
- Kenya Gives The US Some Respect: Kenya World XC Team Reports To Training Camp: Mercy Cherono Says She "Relishes The Challenge From Ethiopia AND USA Athletes" Other good news for the US, it seems Kenya is going back to it's potential killing pre-championship training camps as 28 are at the camp, but only 24 make the team. The head coach said, "We will have a serious and tough training. And those who want to escape the axe must prove their mettle."
- Kenyan XC Champ Philemon Rono Excited To Be On His Foirst National team After Only Finishing 19th At The 2011 Trials
- Kenyan XC Team Motivated By Past Success In Bydgoszcz, Poland As They Dominated When The World Champs Were There In 2010 They became the first nation to win all available gold medals – four individual and 4 team titles.
- Foreign Runners Are Shunning Training In Kenya Due To Fears Of Violence During The Election Process As Happened 5 Years Ago
- Great Race This Weekend: Mo Farah Vs. Martin Lel; Meseret Defar Vs. Kara Goucher Vs. Shalane Flanagan At Rock 'N' Roll New Orleans Martin Lel, Gebre Gebremariam and Markos Geneti were added to the men's field. Last week it was announced Shalane and Kara were taking on Meseret Defar but we missed it with the Oscar P news breaking.
- Also This
Weekend: ThursdayIAAF Preview: Could The 13-Year-Old 2:14.96 1,000m WR Go Down At This Weekend's XL-Galan Meeting In Stockholm Field includes Matt Centrowitz, GB's Michael Rimmer, Mukhtar Mohamed and Andrew Osagie, who all went under 1:47 in Birmingham, Djibouti's Ayanleh Souleiman and Poland's former European 800 champ Marcin Lewandowski. In the 800, Mohamed Aman will take on Abubaker Kaki, Olympic bronze medallist Timothy Kitum and Poland's Adam Kszczot. Galen Rupp will go for the AR in the men's 3k as Genzebe Dibaba takes on Abeba Aregawi in the women's.
- Bernard Lagat To Make Half Marathon Debut In NYC In March Who needs the 10k? Or road races over a mile? Lagat has all the American indoor records from 1,500 to the 5,000 so now he'll try a half marathon. On The Boards: Bernard
Lagat Making His Half Marathon Debut at NYC Half
- RunBlogRun Q&A With Dathan Ritzenhein: At 30 Years Old, He Sees This Year As His Last Big Year On The Track And Wants To Go Sub-27 In The 10k
- Can Your Town Host The Olympics? USOC Sends Letters To Mayors Of 35 American Cities Asking For Those Interested In Bidding For The 2024 Games The requirements to host include an operating budget of more than $3 billion, 45,000 available hotel rooms, construction of an Olympic Village to house 16,500 athletes, operations space for 15,000 media members, an extensive public transportation network and a work force of 200,000.
- Good Interview With Hansons Runner Brendan Martin, Who Finished 8th At The Ome 30k In Japan Over The Weekend Talking about the 30k distance, he says it's "challenging in the sense that it's longer than a half marathon but you're running pretty close to half marathon pace for a long time."
- NCAA Rankings: LSU Women Stay No. 1 As Oregon Moves From 5th To 2nd; Arkansas Men Remain On Top
- ESPN3 To Stream SEC Indoor Champs Live Friday Through Sunday Starts at Friday 2 p.m. ET.
- NCAA Announces 2013 D1 Regional Cross-Country Championship Sites Northeast Region is listed as TBD.
- Paul Tergat Wants People To Stop Generalizing Kenyan Doping "I do not believe that is the case (widespread use), personally I never come across anyone using them but that is not to say that it does not happen."
- 2007 World Marathon Champ Luke Kibet Still Has Fears As The Next Kenyan Election Approaches After He Was Almost Killed In Violent Riots After The Last Election
- 2009 World XC Bronze Winner Moses Kipsiro Leads Uganda's Team For World XC Champs
- Bad News: Screw Is Loose In Radcliffe's Foot And She Needs Another Surgery, Which Will Result In 10-12 Weeks Of Crutches "I just want to be able to run and play with my kids," she said. "I'm not even thinking about getting back to running a marathon again."
- Radcliffe Has High Hopes In Marathon For Mo Farah: 2:04 Is Possible But Will That Be Enough? "I think he will run very, very well, but the depth on the men's side is scary at the moment. He could run a 2hr 04min marathon and there could be 10 people still around him."
- That Being Said, She Is Baffled By His Decision To "Debut" In The Marathon With 13.1 In London We aren't baffled by it - it's $$$$$imply brilliant. Get paid a ton, raise awareness for the event and learn the course.
- Good News: NYT: Drug Makers, In Shift, Join Fight Against Doping Roche and GlaxoSmithKline have begun evaluating every new drug candidate for its potential to be abused by athletes and have agreed to share information with WADA.
- Recommended Read New Yorker: Will Bernard Lagat Live Forever?
- NY Times Asks: When should you replace your running shoes? Scientists don't know. Ryan Hall does every 200 miles. One running store owner - every 2,000.
- New Study Contradicts Previous Study - Wine Drinking Doesn't Lead To Better Running
- We Respectfully Disagree: Paul Tergat Decries Lack Of Teamwork In Kenya In Year 2013 - Says That's Why They Now Lose World XC Titles "I worried there is no team work nowadays as opposed to our days. That's we sometimes lose the team title." LRC says that Kenya loses as the best guys are all on the road$$$.
- Robert Johnson Says The Ducks Are Ready For Indoor Stretch
- O'Hare's Collegiate Record Also Was A Scottish Indoor Record The 20-year-old 3:55.43 Scottish record was set by David Strang in 1994.
- Only In Japan: 1,200 Attend Nittai University's Hakone Ekiden Victory Banquet
- Athletics Kenya Postpones Elections "Indefinitely" Because The Country Needs To Focus On Actual Political Elections
- Several Course Records Fall At Chunichi Hamanako Ekiden - The Last Major Ekiden Of The Season
Millrose Games *Results For The 2013 Millrose Games *TV Re-Broadcast Online Here
Records Galore At 2013 Millrose Games: Lagat, Mary Cain, 2 X 600, Chris O'Hare Mary Cain started the record-setting night in the women's mile and it continued all night after that until Chris O'Hare set a collegiate record in 4th place in the Wanamaker Mile. In between, Bernard Lagat barely got back his 2 mile record, unheralded Erik Sowinski upset Duane Solomon AND Nick Symmonds to set the American record in the 600, and Alysia Montano crushed
the field and the AR in the 600.
Birmingham Grand Prix *Results/Flash Recap
LRC Mo Farah Wins, G. Dibaba Dominates And Michael Rimmer Gets Away With A Foul The British fans got what they want as Mo Farah won as expected, but the distance performance of
the night came from Genzebe Dibaba, who won the 1,500 by 7+ seconds. After a trip at the finish line, there was a shock result in the men's 800. Plus world leaders by Natasha Hastings and Murielle Ahoure who beat Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, who ran her 1st-ever indoor race.
*Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Pleased With Her Indoor Debut As She Takes 2nd In 60m As Carmelita Jeter Was Well Beaten In 4th Fraser-Pryce: "Will I be back for more, definitely."
*Cool Video Of Mo Farah Training And Interviewing In Kenya Talking about the future, he mentions eventually taking a stab at the WRs in the 5,000/10,000.
*Based On His Training In Kenya, Paula Radcliffe Thinks Mo Farah Will Do Well At The Marathon Distance "I've seen him attack the long runs out [training] in Kenya and he has all of the ingredients [for success]."
*Mo Farah To Run The First Half Of The Virgin London Marathon This Year Yes, half of it. Unusual to say the least, but it can't hurt the TV ratings. Article and video interview with Mo. Arguably the world's greatest marathon men's field got even better.
Good For Her: *Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Slams Male Sprinters For Avoiding Each Other
Usain Bolt's 2-Handed Jam Was Highlight Of Friday Night's NBA Celebrity Game Bolt seemingly belongs in the NBA as the refs let him get away with a massive travel but it was impressive nonetheless. Bolt's post-dunk interview was very funny as he claimed he just has a long stride.
2013 RAK Half Marathon Was Friday Morning
LRC Geoffrey Kipsang: The Total Stud Who Could Win World XC, But Will He Run It? Kipsang is simply on fire right now. Haven't heard of him? Read our article or look below but he's currently
the best runner on the planet.
Geoffrey Kipsang (58:54) And Lucy Kabuu (66:09) Win 2013 RAK Half Marathon On Record-Setting Day The RAK is now officially the best half marathon on the planet. Ken Nakamura reports that for 1st time ever, 3 nen broke 59:00 in a single race and 4 women broke 67, 6 broke 68 and 10 broke 69. LRC Analysis coming soon.
*2013 RAK Half Marathon Stats By Ken Nakamura
*IAAF Recap *Sheikh Saud Attended RAK Half Marathon
Oscar P Charged With Murder
*The Curse Of The Swoosh: Nike Athletes Who Have Faced Scandals *MB: Is Nike the new SI or Madden jinx?
*Oscar's Murder Stuns His Italian Host Town Of Gemona
*Reeva's Family Starting To Speak To Press
*Alan Abrahmson Reacts To Oscar P: "(He) seemed like one of the world's genuinely nice guys."
Previous: Oscar P Shows Up In Court, Sobs - Newspaper Reports Shots Fired Through Bathroom Door The paper that first broke the story, The Beeld (translated from Afrikaans), says the shots were fired through a bathroom door.
*Family And Management Team Issues Statement That Dispute Charges In The "Strongest Terms"
*Did Oscar P's Father Once Accidentally Shoot Himself In The Testicles? (Tranlsated From Afrikaans)
*Police Reject Self Defense Theory - Charge Oscar P With Murder The Internet was full of people saying, "Maybe she surprised him on VDay and got shot as he thought she was an intruder at 3 am," but security footages shows she arrived at the house at 8:15 pm.
*Oscar Pistorius Charged With Murder After He Shoots And Kills His Girlfriend
*Police Totally Discount Intruder Reports
*TMZ.com Exclusive: Pistorious' Blade Legs NOT Considered Weapons Behind Bars
*Christine Brennan: Pistorius latest athlete we really don't know
*Simon Hart States The Obvious: A Guilty Verdict Will Ruin His Legacy Forever
*Not Everyone Has Given Up On Oscar P: Runner's World S. Africa Editor: "I think today everybody has kind of rallied round him."
*A Look At Some Of Oscar Pistorius' Alleged Past Incidences Of Drunken And Abusive Behavior Interesting read.
*Inside Oscar's Bedroom: One cricket bat, one baseball bat, a revolver and a machine gun Daily Mail
*S. Africa Has Strict Gun Laws, Tons Of Guns, And Gun Violence Washington Post
*Nike "I am the bullet in a chamber" Oscar P Ads Pulled, As Are Oscar P "Oscar's" Awards
*Q&A With SI's David Epstein On Oscar
*Slain Model Reeva Steenkamp An "Angelic Soul"
*Remembering Reeva Steenkamp
*Police To Oppose Bail At Friday Hearing
*What Happens Next
Daring To Ask The PED Question
A Must Read: Daring To Ask The PED Question: "If everyone is secretly suspicious of so many athletic achievements, why aren't we talking about it?" In our last Week That Was, we said, "There are two types of runners - those that either 'get' letsrun.com or don't." Well, sports writer Bill Simmons might not be talking about running, but he definitely "gets" LRC as he explains why questioning today's professional athletic performances in is not only okay, but has become part of sports. As he says, "There is no such thing as 'the benefit of the doubt' anymore. Not in sports. Too many people took advantage. All the benefits are gone." It is for this reason that we allow threads like this one to exist: MB: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions!
2013 USA XC *USA XC Results/Splits *MB: Official 2013 USA XC Thread *LRC Photo Gallery
LRC Photo Gallery
LRC Chris Derrick!?! - National Champion! link fixed The wait is over. Arguably the greatest American collegiate distance runner not to win an NCAA title, Derrick pulled away from Dathan Ritzenhein and Matt Tegenkamp to win his first national title in his first race as a sponsored pro. It was a good day for Jerry Schumacher's crew as they had 3 of the top 4 in the men's race plus Shalane Flanagan winning the women's.
LRC Shalane Flanagan Wins 2013 Women's US Cross-Country Championships Flanagan was the class of the field (World XC bronze in 2011), but Olympian Kim Conley put up a brave fight. Afterwards, Flanagan said she will not run World XC as she prepares for the Boston marathon.
Jr. Races: *LRC 2013 Jr. Girls Results - William & Mary's Emily Stites Dominates
*LRC 2013 Jr. Boys Results - Ok. State's Craig Nowak Wins
*USATF Athlete Quotes
Rest In Peace Will Steele - aka "The Cancer Guy"
LRC Celebrating The Life Of "The Cancer Guy" Will Steele Will Steele was running 18 minute miles last year. And never has there been a more inspirational runner on LetsRun.com. We pay our respects to this great man who contributed so much to the LetsRun.com community and lost his battle with cancer one month ago on Christmas eve.
A MUST Read - One Of The Greatest Races Ever Run - The US Women's Version Of The Billy Mills 10,000 Win
RWorld Re-Introduces The World To Debbie Heald, Who 40 Years Ago Incredibly Ran The US HS Indoor Mile Record Of 4:38.5 Steve Friedman's piece on Heald is moving to say the least. Heald, whose father had committed suicide,
who had been molested and who was always battling injury (13 different running-related surgeries), somehow
at the US vs. USSR meet at age 16 in 1972 beat the greatest runners in the world, including the indoor 1,500 record holder and that year's eventual Olympic 1,500 champion, by running an a 8.5-second PR of 4:38.5. She came from way back to win thanks to a ferocious kick and she was known for having no kick. Her life since then has been full of struggles with schizophrenia but her HS indoor record still stands.
MB: Debbie Heald article in RW
Weekend Road Action: New Orleans RnR Half, Tokyo's World Marathon Major Debut
- Deep Fields Led By Mo Farah And Meseret Defar Set For Sunday's New Orleans Half Farah up against Martin Lel and Gebre Gebremariam while Defar faces Kara Goucher and Shalane Flanagan and World Half champ Berhane Adere.
- Brett Gotcher Says He's "Hungry To Race Again" At This Weekend's Rock 'N' Roll New Orleans Half Marathon He'll be using it as buildup for the Rotterdam Marathon.
- A Lot Of Big Races In Japan This Weekend Highlighted By Sunday's Tokyo Marathon Sub-2:05 men Dennis Kipruto, James Kwambai, Dino Sefir and Jonathan Maiyo (Kenya) and sub-2:23 women Irina Mikitenko, Bezunesh Bekele, Aberu Kebede and Caroline Cheptonui Kilel highlight.
- 101-Year-Old Marathoner Fauja Singh Is Sad To Be Retiring From Competition As He Runs His Last Race (Tokyo Marathon's 10k) This Weekend "I will not stop running, but will do it for my personal health."
Oscar P Updates From Thursday: Nike Cuts Ties
- Thursday Court Case As It Happened No major new developments. The decision on whether or not to grant him bail should be made today.
- Nike Severs Payment And Suspends Its Endorsement Contract A company statement said: "We believe Oscar Pistorius should be afforded due process and we will continue to monitor the situation closely."
- Lead Investigator In Pistorius Case Dropped After It Was Revealed That He Faces Seven Charges Of Attempted Murder From 2011 The charges had actually been previously dropped, but were reinstated 10 days before Steenkamp's death.
- "Herbal Remedy" Found In Pistorius' Bedroom Might Be Sexual Performance Enhancer
- If You Haven't Been Keeping Up, Here Are USA Today's " 10 Most Shocking Facts Of Pistorius' Murder Case" Adding to police "blunders," police didn't take pictures of a box of bullets but managed to snap photos of Pistorius' medals.
- SA Law Experts Expect Pistorius To Be Released On Bail "You can't come to court and oppose bail for somebody when you yourself are also facing serious charges." Also some interesting comparisons to the OJ Simpson trial.
Other Upcoming Races
- Usain Bolt To Run 150m Race On Brazil's Copacabana Beach Next Month It will be a "street meet" type race on a track built on the beach.
- Nagoya Women's Marathon Announces Elite Field Japan NR holder Mizuki Noguchi and Georgina Rono (2:21:39) top the list.
- Olympic LJ Champ Greg Rutherford And Silver Medalist Mitchell Watt Will Go Head-To-Head At Two Aussie Meets In March And April
- The Chennai Government Is Refusing To Host July's The Asian Athletics Championships In Protest Against Sri Lanka's Alleged War Crimes
Road Racing News
- Article On Why Race Start Times Keep Getting Earlier And How That Affects Performance Times have gotten earlier to go along with local governments not wanting roads closed forever. Unfortunately studies show you run faster in the afternoon, but you can help this by doing hard workouts in the mornings the same time you plan to race.
- Chicago Marathon Announces Registration Will Stay Suspended Rest Of The Week
New Study Supports Research On Benefits Of Frequent Breaks From Sitting Study says that you should get up and walk around every 20 minutes and this can lower risk of disease.
Ryan Gregson Blogs On His Millrose Games Experience And Dealing With The Huge Time Difference Change Even though he was disappointed with his race, fading badly to 3:55 after going out very quickly, he was happy to find out days later that his en route 1,500 was 3:39.20, which is a new Australian 1,500m indoor record.
Previous Oscar P News
- Pistorius Case As It Happened Wednesday It actually ended up being a bad day for the prosecution, as the lead police investigator was torn apart by the defense attorney on the cross examination. He admitted that there were no signs of a physical struggle on Steenkamp's body and they "found nothing on the scene inconsistent with Pistorius' account."
- Tweet By Tweet Account From UK Writer In The Courtroom
- Lead Investigator Admits To A "Series Of Police Blunders" Revelations include he missed a bullet that was left behind in the toilet, potentially contaminating the scene by not wearing proper foot gear and giving inconsistent testimony about how far away the witnesses who hear shouting lived, first saying it was 600m then changing to 300m.
- 2nd Article With Some Direct Quotes By Prosecutors, Police And Defense Going against Pistorius is the investigator's claim that Pistorius was involved in an accidental shooting in 2009, but let someone else "take the rap."
- Defense Says That "Steroids" Found In Home Is Actually "Testo Compositum Coenzyme," A Herbal Remedy Which Is Not A Banned Substance The lead inspector said he didn't read the entire label in the dark room and the prosecution seem to have conceded it wasn't testosterone.
- Lead Detective Who Gave Testimony Against Pistorius Faces Attempted Murder Charges For An October 2011 Shooting *MB: Lead Detective In Pistorius Case Faces Murder Charges
- Police Officer Says They Found Illegally-Possessed .38-Caliber Ammunition In Pistorius' Safe The defence lawyer said it belonged to Pistorius' father. The police also say they found evidence of a house in Italy and offshore accounts which make Pistorius a flight risk.
- The Telegraph Writer: "Oscar Pistorius Case Highlights How Little We Really Know About The Sports Stars We Idolize" "What fools we are to put such faith in them. The nature of sporting success requires a high degree of narcissism and arrogance, an inflated sense of your own worth, and a single-minded pursuit of your goals. Indeed, it requires many of the qualities that actually work against goodness, kindness and being nice and loyal to the people closest to you."
- Expert Says "Roid Rage" Unlikely Explanation In Pistorius Shooting "If it was that significant a risk factor for this sort of behavior, you'd have several NFL players a week in court."
- Steenkamp's Cousin Hopes Pistorius Is Telling The Truth "That is what in my heart that I hope and wish is the truth. Because I would not like to think that my cousin suffered. I don't want to think that she was scared or she was frightened or that she was fearful for her life."
- Uncle Says Pistorius Is In "Extreme Shock" And Only Started Eating Again On Tuesday Evening
- The Guardian Analyzes The "Rembrandtesque-Like" Photo Of Pistorius Standing In Court
- Shots, "Screaming," 17 Minutes (!?) Later, More Shots Wednesday's hearing gave us more details, including the info that Oscar's girlfriend was wearing shorts and a vest when shot. Plus, accusations that testosterone and needles were found in the home. *BBC Diagram Of House *Daily Mail Diagram Of Oscar's Version Of Events
- Investigating Officer Hilton Botha Tells Court What He Saw
- Police To Present Evidence Oscar, Reeva "Fought Non-Stop" In Early Hours Of Valentine's Day
BBC Recap *NY Times Recap Of Wednesday
Random International News
- Video Interview With Haile Gebrselassie, Who's Training For The Vienna Half And Doesn't Have Any Immediate Plans For A Full Marathon He gives out some advice and says he doesn't advise running your first marathon before 24 or 25 if you want a long career.
- 33-Year-Old UK Olympic Marathoner Lee Merrien Wants To Continue His Career On To The Rio Olympics After Getting To Run In London After An Appeal Even though he only got in on appeal, he was UK's top marathoner, finishing 30th place.
- London Mayor Says They're Close To Making Deal With West Ham United On Taking Over Olympic Stadium They've been saying this for months, but maybe they actually mean it this time as they want to host 2015 Rugby World Cup games at the stadium, but need this deal squared away before the end of March in order to make it work.
Tuesday's Oscar P Trial News
- Oscar Outlines His Case: The Full Affidavit He claims he was on the balcony, heard a noise in the bathroom, though it was an intruder, got his gun, hobbled into the bathroom on his stumps and started firing into the locked bathroom door. He has an explanation for the bloodied cricket bat as well. Discuss: How Oscar's story could hold water, or not, your theories.
- Prosecutors Respond - Pistorius Killed His Girlfriend "In Cold Blood" Pistorius put on his artificial legs and walked across his bedroom before firing four shots through a locked toilet door, killing his cowering girlfriend in cold blood."
- More From Prosecutors "There is no possible explanation to support his report that he thought that it was a burglar. Even (in) his own version, he readied himself, walked to the bathroom with the clear intention and plan to kill the 'burglar' and did so whilst the burglar was harmless and contained in a toilet. This in itself also constitutes premeditated murder of a 'defenceless burglar.'"
- Some Mourners At Reeva Steenkamp's Funeral Demand Punishment For Oscar Pistorius
- Steenkamp's Mother Speaks To The Press: "Why did he do this?"
- Law Expert Says With Murder Cases, The Number Of Convictions In South African Courts Is "Staggeringly Low" He estimated that fewer than 10% of murder cases end in conviction.
- BBC Apologizes After One Of Its Radio Stations Followed A Report About Pistorius With A Song About A Man Shooting His Girlfriend They played Jimi Hendrix's "Hey Joe."
- What?!? Athletics Gauteng North Name Oscar Pistorius The Male Track & Field Athlete Of The Year Pistorius wasn't able to attend the award ceremony Saturday night as he was in jail.
- IPC President Urges Members To Remain Impartial In Pistorius Case And Keep The Paralympic Movement Separate From The Police Investigation
- "SA's Violent History Makes Pistorius Case Grimmer"
UK Names Their Team For Euro Champs - Paula Says It's "Totally Ridiculous"
- Paula Radcliffe Criticizes Team GB Coach Peter Eriksson's Roster Decisions For European Champs, Tweeting That It Was "Totally Ridiculous" She was unhappy that they decided not to take any male 1,500m runners, despite having 3 who hit the qualifying standard, including Chris O'Hare, who set the indoor collegiate mile record at Millrose.
- Eriksson Defends 1,500 Decision Saying They Were Only Bringing Runners Who Had "Top 6 Potential"
- Dwain Chambers Gets Wild Card Spot After Missing Trials With Back Injury
- Jenny Meadows Named GB Team Captain
Other International Stuff
- PV WR Holder Yelena Isinbayeva Says She Doubts She Will Be Fit Enough To Compete At Moscow World Champs She knows they're not until August, right?
- Spikes-Mag Names The 5 Athletics Events They'd Add To The Olympics DMR and Cross-Country top the list.
- 16-Year-Old Aussie Runs 2:04.68 800 She broke a 44-year-old under-20 MR held by Cheryl Peasley, who went on to win a Commonwealth Games medal.
Previous Oscar P News
Stunning Live Updates Here: Oscar P. Uses Disability As Key Part Of His Defense "I woke up in the summer heat, went out on the patio on my stumps to get a fan, heard a noise in the bathroom
and thought there was an intruder as I knew the window was open and ladders were accessible nearby. I
felt extremely vulnerable
(as I was on my stumps) but I knew I had to protect Reeva and myself."
*MB: Discuss Live Updates Here: Wow: Oscar P's sobbing was so good the judge stopped the proceedings: "My compassion as a human being does not allow me to just sit here."
Latest Theory: Did Text Message Or Tweet To/From Rugby Player Francois Hougaard Set Oscar P Off Into Murder-Filled Rage?
Good Read Q&A About What To Expect At Tuesday's Court Hearing (Most Of You Will Be Asleep When This Happens) Interesting to learn there are zero jury trials in SA and thus they aren't too worried about the media links as judges are less influenced by that. He's most likely to spend at least 25 years in prison if convicted.
*Meet The Hunk Francois Hougaard
*Pics Of Pistorius Crying In Court Violated A Judge's Order - Won't Happen Again Audio tape recordings are allowed but only before and after photos.
*Pistorius' Lawyers Trying To Figure Out Way That He Doesn't Get Life In Prison
*Reeva Steenkamp's Body Returned Home For Funeral On Tuesday
*Agent: Oscar Pistorius Has Received "Overwhelming Support" The agent also realizes he's personally likely to lose a ton of dollars potentially. "Obviously from a management side and also as a friend, it's a tragic circumstance."
*As If This Was Needed: Pistorius' Management Team Cancels All Of His Upcoming Track Races
*As If This Was Needed: Nike: No Plans For Pistorius In Future Ads
*As If This Was Important: Pistorius Could Lose London 2012 Paralympic Medals Over Steroid Claims
*S. Africa Isn't That Much Different Than The US: Tragedy Kicks Off Gun Control Debate
Steroids Reportedly Found In Oscar's Home Should we really be surprised? If any top athlete gets busted these days, we don't think you should be surprised.
*Discuss Steroids Here
*Distraught Oscar P Called His Best Friend After Shooting Before Police Oscar P reportedly said, "My baba (baby), I've killed my baba (baby). God take me away."
*Sky News And NBC Setting Up Shop Outside Of Oscar's Jail "He is about the only Olympic person they [Brits] know that isn't British apart from Usain Bolt."
*Dream Legal Teams Set To Square Off The Prosecutor is pretty famous in S. Africa and Oscar has a top notch lawyer and a great PR team.
Kenyan XC Trials *Men Race Video *Results
Relative Unknowns Philemon Rono And Margaret Wangare Win - Geoffrey Kipsang Gets Wild Card Rono, who turned 22 a week ago Friday, has a 60:58 half PR. A 33-year-old 13:24/27:45 guy was 2nd.
Kirui was third. The women's winner has PRs of 4:06/14:48 and was 4th at the Kenyan 1,500 Trials last year. The big news is there are 4 wild card selections who may run, including the
man we think may win Worlds - Geoffrey Kipsang. *Results
*World XC Junior Champ Faith Chepng'etich Wins Kenyan Trials; Mercy Cherono's Younger Sister Caroline Chepkoech Was 4th Kwemoi Ronald was the winner of the boys junior race over a field that included s
ub-27 10ker Emmanuel Bett (a different Bett than the sub-27 10ker) and World Junior steeple champion Conseslus Kipruto.
*Capital FM Recap *IAAF Recap *Standard Media
*Men Race Video
LRC Geoffrey Kipsang: The Total Stud Who Could Win World XC, But Will He Run It? Kipsang is simply on fire right now. Haven't heard of him? Read our article or look below, but he's currently the best runner on the planet.
Today's Doping News
- Spanish Steepler Marta Domínguez Linked To Doping Doctor Eufemiano Fuentes There were multiple documents making it pretty clear that she received EPO treatments and blood transfusions.
- Kenyan Writer Calls On Athletics Kenya To Respond To Allegations Of Kenyan Doping Made By Moses Kiptanui And "Tackle Doping Head On" www.standardmedia.co.ke
- Study Says 14% Of Track Athletes At Daegu WC's Blood Doped: WADA Director General David Howman Says Doping Problem Is Getting "Bigger And More Serious" And "Too Big For Sport To Manage" He blames sports federations for only doing the bare minimum as he said, "Where's the commitment here? We spend all the money and put everything in place. What we've discovered in the last number of years is that unless we make something mandatory, people won't do it. If it's discretionary, they think they don't have to bother."
- IOC Calls For Conference With WADA To Try To Ease Growing Tensions Between WADA And Several Sports Obviously cycling is the big one.
Oscar Pistorius Updates
- S. African Paper Exclusive: The Case Against Oscar A bloodied cricket bat has been found. Oscar called his parents after gunning down his girlfriend. Prosectuors reportedly have a "rock-solid" case against Oscar. Police are testing his blood for drugs and steroids, anticipating a "roid rage" defense.
- Oscar Pistorius Reportedly Tried To Resuscitate His Girlfriend After He Shot Her Reports in Afrikaans-language newspaper Beeld said he carried her down the stairs and tried to resuscitate her.
- Reeva Steenkamp's Funeral Set For Tuesday
- Oscar Pistorius' Agent Says Oscar Has Received "Overwhelming Support" Form His Fans His agent visited him in prison to discus his track career/state of his sponsorships. All his future races have been cancelled.
- Agent Also Says At This Point All His Sponsors/Partners Are Maintained
- Pistorius Trial Cartoon: ""If he gets off it'll be the closest shave anyone's ever had with two blades"
- Soccer Player Speaks Out On Oscar P's Bad Temper
- Oscar's Uncle Defends Him: "We have no doubt there is no substance to the allegation and that the state's own case, including its own forensic evidence, strongly refutes any possibility of a premeditated murder or murder as such."
- Video: Reality TV Show Featuring Reeva Steenkamp Goes On Air Two Days After Her Death
- Interesting Read: Radio Journalist David O'Sullivan Compares The Polite, Unassuming Oscar Pistorius He First Met At 17 To The One Today Apparently Pistorius' roommate at the Paralympics had to move out because Oscar "was constantly screaming in anger at people on the phone."
- Usain Bolt Reacts: "When I heard, I was in shock and I'm still just trying to process it in my head to see if this is really real."
- Courtroom Photos Of Oscar Pistorius Crying Were Never Meant To Be Made Public As There Was A Court Order Against Photography During The Trial
- Pistorius' Agent Has Started Cancelling His Scheduled Races For The Year 9 races cancelled in total.
- Sarah Britten Of Johannesburg's Mail & Guardian: "Oscar was our good thing ... He was a great South African brand and now his story, and our part of it lies in tatters."
- 7:54 Steepler Paul Kipsiele Koech Wins Val de Reuil 3,000 In 7:38 At Jesse Owens' Stadium Tuesday Night Other action included Olympic steeple silver medalist Mahiedine Mekhissi-Benabbad losing in the 1,500 to Morocco's Abdelaati Iguider, who won with 3:38.24, and US's Mike Rodgers beating out former 100m World champ Kim Collins in the 60m.
- US's Ryan Whiting Dominates Shot Put In Pedro's Cup Meet In Bydgoszcz, Poland There was top competition as Germany's two Olympic medallists Bjorn Otto and Raphael Holzdeppe faced off with Otto winning easily as Holzdeppe no-heighted. For the women, Olympic silver medallist Yarisley Silva won over Great Britain's 2013 world leader Holly Bleasdale.
- Albany Sweeps America East Conference Titles
3-Time World Champ Moses Kiptanui Speaks On Drugs In Kenya: "There are a good number of athletes out there who are using drugs." For everyone who is stunned, we'll say this: "Wherever there is big money, there is corruption." *Audio Of Kiptanui
- Wilson Kipsang Thinks The WR May Go Down At This Spring's London Marathon And Says He Considers Patrick Makau And Geoffrey Mutai His Biggest Rivals On coming so close to breaking the WR in Frankfurt: "When I see Patrick I always joke with him: 'was it three or four seconds?'"
- First Anniversary Of London Games To Be Marked By Three Days Of Track In The Olympic Stadium Will begin with two days of the Diamond League on July 26-27 followed by a day of Paralympic events on July 28.
- Athletics Weekly Tribute To Rita Ridley, One Of GB's Greatest Distance Runners, Who Died From Cancer Earlier This Week She was the 1970 Commonwealth Games 1,500m champion.
- Team GB Chef de Mission Andy Hunt Leaves BOA After 4-Year Tenure
Admin News: IOC Won't Reassign Armstrong's Olympic Medal
- Lance Armstrong's Olympic Medal Won't Be Reassigned The IOC asked Armstrong to hand back the his 2000 Sydney Games bronze after he confessed on Oprah. No word if he gave it back yet.
- Penn State Head Coach Beth Alford-Sullivan Named Head Coach For US Women's Team For Moscow World Champs
- South Africa's Olympic Committee Steps In To Help Their In-Debt And Embattled Athletics Federation
- IAAF President Lamine Diack Hails Deceased Jamaican T&F Administrator Neville "Teddy" McCook As A "Passionate Servant" & "Tireless Administrator"
Drug News: Australia Getting Serious About Anti-Doping
- +1 For Australia: Aussie Olympic Committee Requiring All Its Athletes To Sign "Statutory Declarations" Saying They Have Never Doped The AOC warned, "Any person who wilfully and corruptly makes a false statutory declaration knowing it to be untrue will be guilty of a criminal offence and could face up to 5 years imprisonment."
- Good Cycling Read: WADA President John Fahey Says They Will Conduct An Independent Inquiry Into Cycling If The UCI Agrees To Stay Out Of It Fahey: "Cycling seems to be constantly lurching from crisis to crisis and the UCI must fix that for the good of the sport and everyone that enjoys it."
- WADA Says China Produces The Most Raw Doping Materials "Ninety-nine percent of the raw materials that are used through the internet to make up in your kitchen or your backyard laboratory are emanating from China."
Bolt/Blake/Powell Opened Up On Saturday *Results
- Usain Bolt Wins His Section In 46.71 Yohan Blake (46.64) 2nd to Warren Weir (46.23) in SEPARATE section. *Video Of Bolt's Heat
- Bolt: "I felt a bit nervous. I just came out here to win and I'm glad I won injury free." Blake said, "I'm happy with the run, despite the time. I'm just looking forward to the rest of the season."
*Warren Weir: "Speed endurance for me is one of the main things because you can be very fast in the 200m, but if you don't have speed endurance, you won't do well ..."
- Milo Western Relays: Asafa Powell And Nesta Carter Lead Their MVP 4 X 1 Team To Victory With 38.06 Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce led the MVP women's 4 x 1 team to a win with 44.03.
*Interesting Article On What Asafa Powell Is Up To Outside Of Track And What He Wants To Do When He Retires He collects expensive cars, invests in real estate, has started an online shopping company and has his own clothing line called "Sub-10 King."
2013 New Balance Indoor Grand Prix *NBIGP Results LRC Photo Gallery
LRC Photo Gallery
Men's 3k: LRC Galen Rupp Is Defeated As Hagos Gebrhiwet Sets New World Junior 3,000 Record Of 7:32.87
Women's 2-Mile: LRC Mary Cain Runs 9:38.68 For 2 Miles - The Greatest Distance Performance In US HS Girls History Tirunesh Dibaba was way ahead of the field as she won in 9:13.17.
LRC The Rest Of The 2013 New Balance Indoor Grand Prix - Centro, Lakhouad And Wright Win As Suhr Takes Crack At AR
Run, Recover, Run More
LRC Runners Recover Better And Hopefully Stay Injury Free With These Two Products From The 2012 Running Event Wejo talks about some of the injury prevention products he saw at the The Running Event, which include better methods for massage, icing, and compression.
The Running Event Is In The Books *Photos
LRC The 2012 Running Event Is In The Books: Five Takeaways On The Industry Shark Tank's Daymond John Speaks The trade show for specialty running shops was last week in Austin, Texas and LRC's Wejo was there plus Ryan Hall,
Meb Keflezighi, and most of Saucony's top athletes. The running industry should be renamed the "how to not get injured" industry. Some take-aways from the convention.
*Press Release: The Running Event 2012 Attracts 2,100 To Austin
One Month Until World XC
- IAAF: One Month Until World XC Champs
- Full US Squads For World XC Champs Announced Chris Derrick and Matt Tegenkamp are running, but no Ritz.
- Bad News For US Men: RAK Half Marathon Champ Geoffrey Kipsang Is Running World XC Champs And Confident He Can Follow Up His Junior Win From 2 Years Ago With A Senior
- Kenyan Junior XC Champ Ronald Kwemoi' Turned To Running After He Had To Quit School Since His Parents Couldn't Afford To Send Him Even though he comes from poverty, money isn't his focus: "I'm not in the sport for money since I love running."
- Kenya Head XC Coach Not Worried About Not Having Stars Vivian Cheruiyot And Linet Masai For This Year's World XC Champs
- Ridiculous: India's Banned 400m Runners Still Being Allowed To Use Government Training Facilities To Train During The Time Of Their Ban
- China's 1,500 National Champ Sun Lu Faces Ban After Failing Drug Test
IAAF Launches "IAAF Inside Athletics" Social Media Program To Focus On Different Topics In The Sport And they couldn't have found a better host as they chose Ato Boldon to lead the analysis. Watch Episode 1 where Boldon analyzes Usain Bolt's 9.58 100m WR and who, if anyone, is capable of breaking it.
You Hear This, Christian Hesch? EPO Study Finds It Can Improve Your 3k Time By 6% And Effects Last At Least 4 Weeks
Lance Armstrong/Cycling News
- Lance Armstrong Refuses To Participate In USADA Interview And Be Interviewed Under Oath His lawyer said he wants to participate in and "international tribunal", not with USADA.
- USADA Says It Will Move Forward With Their Investigation Without Armstrong Travis Tygart says Armstrong won't talk to them because he is "worried of potential criminal and civil liability if he did so."
- Tyler Hamilton Tells Court He Was Once Re-Infused With His Own Blood By Cyclist With No Medical Training He also talks of how he was accidentally infused with someone else's blood (which is why he failed a doping test in 2004 and spoke about a bad reaction to one which left him feverish and passing black urine.
Our Weekly Recap
TWTW The 2013 Millrose Games, The 2013 London Marathon and Can The USA Win World Cross-Country? This week, we praise Mary Cain for her great tactics, give props to the amazing collegiate milers, including the unheralded Ryan Hill, talk about Bumbalough over Jager (again), tell you that Centro does get tired, wonder if it’s time to panic for Robby Andrews, and tell you that the performance of the weekend came from Alyisa Montaño. We then start to salivate as to how incredible the 2013 Virgin London Marathon is going to be and ask the unthinkable - can the US beat Kenya at World Cross-Country? Plus will Marta Dominguez ever be busted for being a doper? And google kills off Mary Cain.
People Who Think Armstrong Was On A "Level Playing Field" Or Say Doping Should Be Legal Need To Consider This: Tyler Hamilton Says He Paid Doctor In Operation Puerto Scandal $33,000+ For Doping That was just for 2002 and 2003. If everyone dopes, it doesn't make it a level playing field; it just comes down to who has the most money and best science.
Kevin Hadsell Speaks
LRC Kevin Hadsell Denies The Deadspin Allegations - "Yeah I'm an idiot for a lot of things here, but these things don't add up to me being some monster - people didn't come forward with this kind of crazy stuff in the Deadspin article because those things weren't happening." Over the course of two hours with the Toledo NBC affiliate, Hadsell admits he deserved to be let go from Toledo as he drank at practice and previously had an inappropriate relationship but denies the salacious aspects of the Deadspin.com article.
- Japanese Olympian Arata Fujiwara Pulls Out Of Tokyo Marathon Due To Lack Of Fitness After Hamstring Injury
- London 10k Olympian Mika Yoshikawa To Retire After Marathon Debut At Tokyo To Focus On Having A Family She's only 28.
- Beijing Olympic Marathoner Satoshi Osaki To Retire After March 3rd Lake Biwa Marathon
Usain Bolt Does The Harlem Shake
NCAA Conference Action (Patriot/Big East, MAAC, Others) Start This Weekend *All NCAA Results
- Diego Estrada Runs 2nd-Fastest 5k In The US This Year At NAU With An Altitude-Adjusted Time Of 13:37.01
- Big East: UConn Men, Notre Dame Women Win Big East Titles *Results
- Cory Leslie Wins Virginia Tech 1,000 In 2:19.83 Jeff See won the mile in 3:58.36.
- Erik Kynard Jumps 7-7¾ (2.33) At KSU Open
- Atlantic 10 Conference Champs Results
- Go Figure - Valentine's Make-Up Meet Was Actually Held On Valentine's Day: BU's Rich Peters Runs 3.56.04, 2nd-Fastest Mile In 2013 *2013 BU Valentine Results
- HS Simplot Games Results / Meet Site
News From Japan
- Ridiculous: 2 Weeks After Running 2:08:15 To Win The Beppu-Oita Mainichi Marathon Yuki Kawauchi Wins Hilly Kumanichi 30K In 1:29:31 (4:48 pace) He won by 3 seconds, setting a 36-second PR. Elsewhere, Masaki Ito won the Ome 30k in 1:30:21 as Hansons runner Brendan Martin was 8th in 1:36:07.
- Yuki Kawauchi: "You used to be able to say that I didn't have any speed, but ... I think I've cracked that nut. 2:06 Is in sight."
- 2009 World Championships Silver Medalist Yoshimi Ozaki to Retire After Tokyo Marathon
3 Random But Interesting Distance Articles
- Well Said: Ken Goe: Throwing rocks at the state of track & field journalism is easier than being part of the solution We see what Kevin Liao was trying to say and liked his piece, but "mainstream journalists" didn't bring down Bonds, Jones, Lance or even Bill Clinton. Prosecutors/bloggers did.
*Liao Piece: Track & Field Deserves Real Journalism
- Chris Kelsall Catches Up With Olympic Marathon Champ Stephen Kiprotich It's clear from this interview he loves his coach Patrick Sang and his life has been changed big time. He's sent his wife back to school."
- One Who Stayed: CU Alum And 29:10 Guy Andy Wacker Is Balancing Grad School/Training With Wetmore He was a surprise 11th at USA XC.
Who Doesn't Love An Underdog? Meet Altra Zero Drop
About Altra Zero Drop: The Shoe Company Started By A Foot Locker Finalist (With Alan Webb And Ritz) Who Ran A 2:45 Marathon At Age 12 LRC visitor's love the underdog and one of our goals starting off the new year is to introduce you to some of the newer shoe companies. Altra Zero Drop is a relatively new company, growing fast. Perhaps you've seen their ESPN commercial? Click here for more info.
Previous Shoe News: On-Running Shoes And The "Cloud" Technology Founded By A World Class Triathlete
A Interesting Read Rojo's "No Question Goes Unanswered" Interview With Women's Running Website - Saltyrunning.com This is
read as Rojo goes back to the
beginning and shares the co-founders vision for the site. He is unfazed when asked if LRC is "elitist, anti-hobbyjogger, and anti-women," he reveals the secrets as to how the site is made each day, and he defends
the no registration policy of the message boards.
Previous: Saltyrunning's A Girl's Guide To Letsrun.com *MB: Discuss
*The LetsRun Interview, Part II: "What I'm about to say is controversial ..." Rojo talks about why running will never be as popular as the NFL, PEDs, his own running and who the athletes are to watch in 2013. *MB: Discuss
The Week That Was
LRC The Week That Was: A Bunch Of Nick Symmonds, The Nike .1% Solution, LRC Goes To Japan, And Much More This week we wonder, "Can Nick Symmonds really move up to the 1,500?", LetsRun.com goes to Japan, JK is confirmed to be a genius (yet again), and we wish that Nike would sponsor a "Just Do It Fairly" campaign. Along the way there is talk of Matt Tegenkamp, Dathan Ritzenhein, Al Sal, Mary Cain, Galen Rupp, German Fernandez, Robby Andrews, Leo, Centro, Wheating, Tyson Gay, Dorian Ulrey, Rich Kenah, Sam Mackenzie and Nick Wade.
Ryan Hall Speaks
LRC Ryan Hall Talks About Cam Levins' 190-Mile Weeks And Is Impressed Hall: "It's working for him. My hat's off to him. He inspires me. That's why I started following him on Twitter. I feel like I'm training hard and I'm not doing nearly that kind of training."
LRC Ryan Hall Talks About His Running Shoes Hall says he has different shoes for every speed he runs and that he has an "unhealthy attachment" to the Asics Gel Hyper Speed.
Beautiful People: NCAA Banquet Photos (Click On Photo)
Back To Top18-Yr Old Ethiopian Muktar Edris Gets The Win Over A Deep Field In Campaccio XC Race As Kim Conley Gets 4th For The Women He beat out John Kipkoech (12:49 5000) and sub-27 man Geoffrey Kirui by less than a second
as Moses Kipsiro was 4th, Leonard Komon 8th, Euro XC Champ Andrea Lalli 9th and Scott Bauhs 10th. Debele Degefa won the women's race in a
close sprint with Afera Godfay as Conley was 4th and two-time World steeplechase bronze medallist Milcah Chemos 6th.