Quote Of The Day
“I sprained my left ankle on some steps and was back to it hurting just to walk. The night before the race I was almost crying, begging the race organizers, ‘Don’t you have any painkillers that will pass anti-doping?’ I ended up just getting some ice at the hotel and spent hours icing my left ankle. The whole time I was icing I was berating myself, … ‘Why this, why now?” Then the tears really did start coming out at my own stupidity for spraining my ankle. … In that kind of situation there was nothing else I could do, so I said, ‘Please, God, Buddha, whoever, for tomorrow’s race please don’t let this pain get worse. If you hold off on this ankle I will endure whatever other suffering you want me to,’ and prayed for divine (Buddhistic?) intervention. … Thanks to a string of good luck I was able to end up on the podium with a 2:09. All things considered, once I finished all I could think was that a miracle really had happened out there.”
- Jordan Hasay is running 100 miles a week just 2-3 weeks out from Boston
- Woman collapses in half marathon, what happens next?
- Tommy awad no sponsorship?
- What Old-Fashioned Things Do You Remember?
- Van Niekerk 800m
- What is the minimum amount mileage someone can run in a week for you to consider them a serious runner?
- How do you figure out the % grade of a hill? What exactly does it mean?
- Sydney Mclaughlin- New Balance