Quote Of The Day
Bedford was asked by MPs whether he found it find it strange that Coe forwarded on his email to Beloff without opening the attachment. “It is fair to say I was very surprised and quite disappointed,” he replied.
The SNP MP John Nicolson suggested to Bedford that given Coe had been brought in to clean up athletics, his lack of curiosity about corruption was “extraordinary.” In his reply Bedford suggested that Coe might have been playing the long game, waiting to see if he could get elected in August 2015 so that he could make significant changes to the IAAF.
“If you look at what has happened subsequently to him being elected to a position of power, there are clear implications that he wants the integrity of our sport brought back and he has made significant steps towards that happening,” he added.
“I think that it might be true that he decided that the best way he could help the sport was to make sure that he got elected as president, because if it didn’t happen then there was no future for the sport.”
– Closing four paragraphs from a Sean Ingle Guardian recap of a hearing today in Parliament where former London Marathon director Dave Bedford testified about how much information he’d given to Seb Coe about the Russian extortion scheme before the German ARD TV report aired.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Alan Webb move over. A high schooler just ran 3:52 at Pre!!! Jakob Ingebrigtsen 3:52.28!!!
- Listen to the announcer go wild (not) as Quanera Hayes sets American 300 indoor record and Candace Hill beats HS record
- Former UTexas sprinter Trevante Rhodes is star of Moonlight which just won Golden Globe Award for Best Picture-Drama
- Kenenisa Bekele Going for the World Record in the Marathon.... in Dubai in Less Than 2 Weeks
- List of colleges that produced only one prominent runner
- Baby boomers - Northwestern U is now 70k / year...what do you have to say for yourselves?
- Afraid of Death! HELP!